The Truth Comes Out

Who's going to watch The Legacies this fall?

Since Tanner's death, the school found a replacement coach and we're apparently getting our new history teacher today. I hope whoever they hired is less of an ass and doesn't like seeing students upset. Bonnie has been experiencing bad dreams and getting little to no sleep for the past week. I've tried helping her but she said she needed time to herself.

I see her fast walking to her seat just as a man I believe no one if the class knew walked in behind her. "Good morning, everyone." He searches for the chalk and beings to write on the board. "Alrighty. Let's see." He writes his long name on the board before turning back to face the class. "Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful. I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather, I will never be able to thank enough." No one laughs at his attempt of a joke. "You'll probably want to pronounce it Ala-ric, but it's A-lar-ic. Ok? So you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher." Not a total ass, already ten times better than Tanner. I may actually get to enjoy history class this year, rather than have Tanner's judgment.

__________________________________
"And then I ended up at the remains of the old Fells' Church before I woke up back in the woods." Bonnie is describing her last couple of nightmare of a dead ancestor. If she wasn't freaking me out before with her belief of the supernatural she sure is weirding me out now.

"And you always see your ancestor Emily?" Bonnie nods and Elena and I share a look. We have to be careful how we advise her, we don't want her to think we don't believe her. She needs to know that we support her and will be here for her no matter what.

"Do either of you believes in ghosts?"

"I don't say never, because stranger things can happen." I answer and she looks to Elena for her input.

"Two weeks ago, I'd say no, but now..."

"I think I'm being haunted."

"Holy shit." I spit out my water as I hear this. I do not need to get messed up with dead spirits haunting the living. That is too paranormal for me and I want to bail out now.

"I don't get it. Why Emily?" Elena stays on topic while I catch my breath and stop myself from coughing more.

"I second that." I clear my throat.

"Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the civil war days and that this medallion was hers, a witch's talisman."

"So you get a badass witch in your family and we come from a line of people who went insane. Life is just not fair."

"Sofia!" Elena scolds me like a child which is getting annoying.

"Sorry, I was being insensitive. So, did it all start when Caroline gave you that necklace?"

"I think she's using it to communicate with me."

"What does your grams say about it?"

"I can't call her. She's gonna tell me to embrace it. I don't want to embrace it. I want it to stop." I wish Elena and I could do more for Bonnie, but we don't have the tools to deal with this sort of issue. All I know we can do is support her and make her feel safe with us as friends and knowing she can come to us for anything. It feels like everyone is going through things no one can cope with. Caroline being abused by Elena's boyfriend or ex-boyfriend's weird brother only for him to try and harass Bonnie for some stupid necklace. The only time I find some normalcy in my life is when I'm with Matt. He makes everything better and brighter with just a simple smile. With him, I feel like no matter how bleak my day is he can say one sweet thing and it will turn around.