Chili

Getting closer to more Klaus drama!!!

"You're doing what?" I ask in disbelief.

"I'm taking Elena on a little road trip."

"Can I ask where?"

"Chicago his old stomping grounds."

"Grounds you mean..."

"Where he used to kill everything in site. Your sister needs to know what she is bringing Stefan back from. He's not what she thinks he is."

"I can come..."

"No, Klaus killed you and it's harder to watch out for two of you. If he sees you he will know something is up."

"What is your goal for this trip? I thought you said Stefan was too far gone? I was the one who was willing to help my sister get him back and you just wanted to give up."

"I changed my mind. Besides she may be just the thing to save him."

"What if Klaus sees you? He will kill you."

"I can take care of myself."

"Damon, I don't...I don't know about this. I feel like..."

"Do you trust me?"

"It's not you, I worry about. Klaus is unpredictive and Stefan killed Andie. What else won't he do?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head."

"I want to go Damon."

"Please, stay here and watch out for everyone. Keep the kids safe."

"Why do you want to go alone with my sister so badly?" He seems offended by my question but I can't say no matter how much I love him that he was in love with Katherine and for a time wanted my sister. There will always be a part of me that worries he will get bored of me and want her instead.

"Worried I won't be faithful?"

"Will you?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"You're flirty Damon and my sister is lonely. I don't want to ignore the fact things could happen."

"I love you Sofia Gilbert. Only you."

"Come back to me safe and not missing any limbs because you pissed off the original hybrid." I lean up and kiss his cheek.

"And when I get back I will show you how much I miss you." He snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

"And how would you show me exactly?"

"It will end with..." He tilts my head back exposing my neck. "With you screaming my name more than a few times. Possible breaking the bed like we did that one time." I shiver as he finds my sensitive spot.

"I can't wait." I kiss him and watch as he leaves.

__________________________________
Elena and Damon come back from Chicago not saying much but that Stefan is not coming home anytime soon. Stefan made it crystal clear he doesn't want to come back to Elena or Mystic Falls. He wants her to forget about him and never think of him again. It broke my sister no matter how much she doesn't want to admit it. Damon and Elena seem to be on friendlier terms which makes me happy and worried all at the same time. I love Damon more than I've loved anyone but how I thought before I got involved with him. He could be my greatest love or biggest heartbreak.

Elena and I are busy in the kitchen making food for the potluck and Damon are annoying us like usual. "I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck. Everybody brings chili. Hey, Rick what's up?" Damon comes over and dips a finger into my cupcake batter licking his finger and winking at me.