Doppelgänger Blood

Here's another update. I have so much planned for the latter chapters. You all will love it.

Damon is still not speaking to me since I stopped him from killing Caroline's dad. It's the longest we've gone without speaking to one another. He's been on the edge ever since Elena and I haven't backed down on bringing Stefan home. I'm not going to lie and say the observation Caroline notices about Elena and Damon doesn't bother me. I want my friends and family to get along with the man I love but I don't want to love him the exact way I do. I always knew there was a possibility Damon still had feelings for Elena, but my blind love for him pushed those feeling to the back for so long now that they're coming back I'm getting worried.

We all need a distraction from our crazy lives. A reminder that we're still in high school and nothing we go through should be as difficult as what we've gone through. Senior prank night is the perfect solution. Everyone is at school setting up their best pranks for the first day back. "Oh come on!" Caroline yells at all of our mouse traps go off around us. "Seriously? Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?" She asks Matt who looked spooked and unsure why we're all here at night.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler states to his friend with slight annoyance. Matt has been overly stressed lately and weirdly enough hanging out more with Jeremy which is something new.

"Clearly." He replies out of breath.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since Freshman year."

"Yeah, Matt if I'm doing this. You're doing this." Elena states with a smile.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this."

"Do you think we had a choice?" I ask going to stand next to him smiling.

"Thanks, Sof.? We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that stay with us forever and if we don't..."

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena and I finish for her since it's the speech we've heard her recite for days.

"Go ahead and make fun. I don't care."

"You're all lame, and I've got ten more classrooms to prank." Tyler leaves with his bag prank goodies and Elena follows.

"Hey, where are you going?" Bonnie stops her.

"To superglue, Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories." She smiles and heads out. It's one of the few genuine smiles I've seen on her face all summer.

"Come on Matt let's find something for you to do." I take his arm and lead him out.

"You're really doing this?"

"Why does that surprise you?"

"After everything we've all been through these past months."

"Which is exactly why we're doing this. We've lost people we care about and suffered so much. We deserve to feel some joy."

"I feel like I haven't seen you all summer." Matt's hand briefly brushes mine. He still feels weird around me and I know it has to do with the compulsion. I compelled him not to be in love with me even though deep down he still was.

"I was busy helping Damon look for Stefan."

"Yeah, Damon." He says his name with disgust.

"What is with everyone hating on him? He's done nothing to help and..."

"Sure he's done some good things but he's still the guy who turned my sister into a vampire. He's still the guy who's caused so much pain to pretty much everyone we know. I just don't know what you and Elena see in him."