Decade Dance

Thank you for the continued support. I love hearing from you all. Enjoy another update.

I still haven't gotten over the bomb Elena dropped on me like it was no big deal. We know nothing on why or how we were adopted. We even searched for our birth certificates and found that it listed Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as our birth parents. None of this made any sense. Matt has been helpful as someone I can lay all my problems on. He's a great listener and gives amazing sound advice. I wish I just had the strength to follow it. Matt still doesn't know about vampires and witches and I'm not sure if I should tell him just yet. I barely understand any part of it and the last thing Matt needs is something else to worry about. He's even had to move from part-time at The Grill to full-time busboy just to make ends meet. I told him that I could help but he's too proud to take any.

I never thought I would be thankful for Caroline forcing me into making banners for the school dance. But painting giant letters is actually soothing and helps take my mind off things.

"Tell me again why you agreed to do this?" Matt asks.

"Because Caroline wouldn't stop asking and I've been neglecting my duties as her friend and a member of the dance committee."

"And I'm helping why?"

"Because you're my super-hot and generous boyfriend who loves me." I kiss his lips and he smiles.

"I guess I am super-hot." He flexes his muscles and swats him with my paintbrush getting blue paint all over his bicep.

"Modest much?"

"Hey, you said it not me. Plus I like seeing you like this?"

"What covered in paint?" I look at my blue spotted clothing.

"No at peace. You've been so worked up lately and it's nice seeing you after everything that's been going on to seem happy."

"Well, I'm always happy when I'm with you. Even when you force me to watch old football games."

"Hey, you said you liked them."

"I prefer comedies but I watch them because you love them." Matt leans in like he's going to kiss me only to paint a blue streak over my face. I'm shocked but I love it.

"You're dead Donovan." I try getting more paint on him but he restrains me.

"Now you look perfect." He kisses my forehead and I lean on his chest.

"You're going to miss out on my killer dance moves." I bump my hip with his as he encases me in a giant hug. We've stopped painting for the moment but it.

"Because you're such a great dancer."

"Hey!"

"Sof, I had to teach you how to waltz and you still didn't get the concept of just swaying."

"Okay, so I have two left feet, not my fault."

"I wish I could be there to dance with you just like at the Founder's party." I lean back to rest my head on his chest.

"But you're going to work so you can ease some stress out of your life. And who knows maybe I'll sneak away from Caroline's grasp and come surprise you."

"I would love that." I kiss Matt one more time before we go back to finishing the banners. We wouldn't want Caroline to come out and see we hadn't finished and bite our heads off.

__________________________________
There's still tension when I walk inside the house. Jenna and Elena are walking on eggshells around each other. I've tried getting over the fact that Jenna kept this secret from us. If we should be mad at anyone it would be our parents but they're not here to answer for themselves. This is a life-changing topic that is hard on anyone. Elena is taking it as a betrayal of trust between her and Jenna, but I see it as more of a stepping ground of getting closer to one another.