Smoky Mountains

I can't wait for season 4!!!! So many plans.

I sit holding my knees to my chest as I watch the news tell the world about Andie's. death. Damon and I haven't spoken much about her death knowing how much her absence hurts us both. She was a light in Damon's life. A friend he could count on and she was someone I found myself growing close to. She told me about her friendship with Jenna and it gave me even more closure over Jenna's death. Andie was someone who I could count on to bring Damon out of his darkness. Now with her gone, I'm alone on making sure Damon stays true to who he is. Making the impulsive killing sprees to a minimum and keeping him hopeful for the future ahead of us. Andie will be forever missed. "Another suicide or a tragic accident? WKPW news has lost one of its shining stars. Daily Reporter and weekend anchor Andie Star was discovered..."

"You don't need to watch this." Damon turns the T.V. off.

"I can't help but hear the sound of her neck breaking. I heard it even in my sleep."

"You need to let it go. She is gone and there's nothing we can do about it."

"Why do you speak of her life she meant nothing to you? She was our friend Damon." I stand up following him as he heads to his closest where he proceeds to rip off the leads we've made on Stefan throughout the summer.

"She was human. Humans die."

"And what am?" I ask now pissed at his no shit giving attitude.

"Don't go there with me."

"Or what?"

"I mourned your death once so don't you dare question me on what I would do if you died."

"I know you mourned me. You mourned Rose in your own way. But you're keeping your sadness all inside. You need to let it out."

"What I need is to forget everything I've done the past few months wasting my time on Stefan."

"This is all about Stefan?"

"Don't you get it Sofia!" He's in my face now. I stand my ground not moving. "I failed my brother. He's gone. There's nothing I can do for him."

"Why do you want to give up so easily?"

"Because I'm done."

"You fight for those you love Damon. Even when they don't always love you back."

"You just can't stay away, can you?" Damon calls out and I furrow my brows. I hear a creek in the floor. I turn to see Elena entering.

"Why didn't you two tell me about Andie?"

"Happy Birthday Elena, Stefan killed Andie. Cake?" Damon brushes past both of us and throws our work on Stefan away.

"He called me."

"He did what?" I ask in disbelief.

"Stefan called me last night."

"What did he say?"

"He didn't say anything, but it was him. I asked Sheriff Forbes if she would trace the call's origin. It's from Tennessee."

"Where he's binge drinking on the country folk."

"Damon!" I scold. This is not the time for him to be insensitive. Elena has been worried all summer about Stefan and now she's easing her worry knowing he's not completely gone.

"No, she needs to know Sofia! Stefan's gone. I don't mean geographically."

"They why would he call?" I ask standing with my sister.