Miss Mystic Jitters

Thank you for all the support. I love hearing from each of you now enjoy another update.

From Bonnie somewhat blaming me for her grandmother's death and now I have no escort for the Miss Mystic pageant. Jeremy is now being forced as my permanent escort since Matt was forced into another shift at The Grill that he couldn't get out of. I keep wishing that I had dropped out when I had the chance, but it's too late now.

"You have everything?" Elena pops into my room.

"Yeah, I think so. I have my dress, shoes, uh Jenna has the stuff to do our hair and...I am I missing anything else?"

"A smile." I throw a pillow at her and runs back into the hallway.

"You know I'm only suffering through this because of you." I meet her downstairs.

"Come on, we're going to look back at this and love that we got to experience this together."

"Just how mom would have wanted." I bring Elena into a hug. "She would have loved to see us at this moment."

"I know she would. But she's always with us in spirit."

"I wish she was actually here. I wish they both were." I didn't realize I was crying until Elena brushed a stray tear from my cheek.

"Me too Sof, me too." I compose myself hearing the knock at the door. Elena moves to open it.

"Hey." Alaric greets us.

"Hey, Rick." I said waving at him.

"We heard you're driving."

"Yeah, I am. Here, let me get that for you two." Elena and I hand over our dresses as he steps inside.

"Thanks."

"Uh, how is...how is Stefan?"

"What do you mean?" Elena asks worriedly.

"You know, he seems on edge."

"He went through a lot. He was in bad shape for a while, but he's bunching back now."

"Alaric! Hey buddy." I roll my eyes at John's fable attempt at not being a total ass. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm the chauffeur."

"Oh, I thought I was driving."

"Oh, no need. We're going with Rick." Jenna comes down the stairs with the biggest smirk on her face. I high five her when John isn't looking.

"Are we ready to go?" Elena asks ignoring John.

"Jeremy can ride with you." We all wave goodbye and head out. The sooner this embarrassing day is over the better.

__________________________________
The changing room was filled with nervous and excitement. Caroline had us document basically every stage of our day. Our hairs in rollers and in our robes to right before we put our dresses on. She didn't want to miss a moment. I've always admired how Caroline always seizes the moment and makes the best of it. She reminds me that I need to step back and enjoy my life and not wish to fast forward through every horrible and sad moment. Because if I do I'll miss the great ones that make me love being alive.

"Thanks for helping us." Elena says to Jenna as she finishes up on her hair. Jenna did my hair first since I just wanted loose curls. I feel the nerves building up thinking about having to dance in front of everyone. And everyone watching my every move. Sure I've danced with Tyler and Matt at parties or school dances, but it's never been more than swaying to the music and basically me following their lead and not stepping on their feet. But this is a whole new level of nauseous for me.