Double Date

We're getting close to the end of season 1. Which means close to Klaus!!!

After watching someone kill themselves. Elena and I couldn't help but think why. We got so curious that even called the one number on the guy's phone. I don't know what we thought we find but we did get to hear our birth mothers voice. She didn't respond with anything except hanging up on us. Why is she hiding herself from and us and wanting to keep us from knowing anything about her? Is she really a vampire or is she something else?

Somehow in our messed-up life, I agreed to a double date with Matt, Elena, and Stefan. Elena was convinced we needed a normal night for once in our lives. I agreed because Matt has been so stressed with his mom back in town and she's not taking the responsibility of keeping the household running like she should. I know he deserves a night out and this could be good for all of us to relax and remember what it's like to be normal for once in our lives. Caroline is convinced that me going on a double date would ruin my relationship with Matt. She is still convinced that Matt has some lingering feelings for Elena. I'm not oblivious I know he still loves her because we've all been in each other's lives for since birth. That kind of love doesn't disappear because someone breaks up.

Matt wanted me to hang out with him and Kelly more so we could be more comfortable with each other. I know it's different that Matt is dating the sister of his first love. It can be hard for anyone to get used to. Kelly has warmed up to me but she is so focused on partying and sleeping with men to even consider doing anything else. Matt was appreciative that I tried to get along with his mom even making them food to last them a few days. Kelly is just someone who is looking for her next buzz or great lay. She doesn't want to face reality. Matt even sent her off to get the bartending job at The Grill since she's planning to stay in Mystic Falls for a while. A steady job could be a way she needs and exactly what Matt needs to take some pressure off his back.

__________________________________
The only awkward part of this date is Elena and Matt. They don't know how to act around each other which is strange since they've known each other for so long. "So, uh Matt, how do you like working here?" Great first question.

"Uh, it's not that bad. Wait staff tips pretty good. You know they can't keep a bartended to save their lives. But..."

"He actually is pushing his mom to get the job." I add and Matt pulls me closer to him resting his hand on my thigh. I smile at the small jester.

"How's that been? Having Kelly back?"

"You know same old Kelly. She's uh trying sort of. Sofia has been coming over to make us some of her amazing meals. Mom is convinced she is going to gain weight off her cooking."

"Hey, I love food and I love to cook. It has to be better than those hotdogs you guys eat every night."

"It's been nice having Sofia around. She's even played for us and it was one of the few times my mom actually paid attention."

"Really? She didn't think it was too boring?"

"Maybe a little but she did say you sounded beautiful." I kiss Matt's cheek.

"Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up." Elena jumps in. "It's how Matt and I first met. We shared a crib together."

"You're kidding. What...where you Sofia?"

"Oh, I had my own crib. Elena as a baby couldn't stand to be alone and Kelly had Matt and it just seemed easier to get them both to sleep. If you put me down I was knocked out nothing else needed to be done." Elena and Matt laugh.

"Yeah, we've all known each other our whole lives." Matt holds my hand now and all is good until we hear the laughing of some very drunk people from the bar. "You got to be kidding me." I look over Matt's shoulder and sure enough at the bar is Aunt Jenna and Kelly taking shots with none other than Damon. Matt is disappointed and I rub his shoulder trying to reassure him that everything will be okay.