Compulsion

Get ready for some shipping to happen at the end!!!

Stefan and Damon agreed to wait in the shadows until Isobel arrived. Not wanting to scare her off right away. We didn't have to wait long when she whooshed in. "Where's the device."

"Where's our brother?" Elena asks her not backing down.

"This isn't a negotiation. Where's the invention?" I roll my eyes at her. She thinks she can get everything she wants. But she's wrong.

"Where is our brother?" I ask again.

"Do you really think I came alone?" We look over our shoulders and see her two pets looking at us. Blocking us from running.

"Did you really think we came alone?" Elena states and that signaled for Damon and Stefan to come up behind Isobel.

"For god sakes, call home."

"What?" I ask is confusion.

"Call home. Ask to speak to your brother Jeremy." I pull out my phone and dial home.

"Hello?" We breathe a sigh of relief hearing his voice.

"Jeremy, are you okay?" Elena asks him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Uncle John uh, hit his head. It was an accident. Yeah, but um, I'm okay."

"We'll be home soon Jer." I tell him. I hang up and glare at Isobel.

"You were never going to hurt him."

"No, I was going to kill him. Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me. I don't have any."

"But you took a risk with Damon. How did you know he was going to give it to us?" Elena asks her. Isobel looks at and smiles.

"Because he's in love with Sofia." She holds out her hand and I reach into my pocket and shove the invention onto her hand. I try not to look at Damon. I don't need to deal with this right now not after what I found out today.

"Thank you." I look at my sister like she's crazy. Why is she saying thank you to this bitch?

"For what?" Isobel asks.

"For being a monumental disappointment. It keeps the memory of our real mother perfectly intact." I squeeze her hand.

"Good-bye Elena, Sofia. As long as either of you has a Salvatore on each arm you're doomed. Katherine was smart she got out. But we all know you two aren't Katherine." Isobel leaves and I'm left with this conflicting feeling. She's my birth mother and something in her must have loved us or she wouldn't have given us up to such great parents. But the person or vampire she reflects no humanity and it scares me that I may one day end up like her.

__________________________________
"We four need to talk." I state breaking up Elena and Stefan's little moment.

"About what?" Elena asks confused.

"About the fact that you've all been lying to me."

"Sof, we've never..."

"Cut the crap, Elena. Jeremy told me about Vicki and how she died." They have the worst poker faces. They give up instantly. "He told me how Damon killed her after she was turned into a vampire."

"Sofia, we wanted to tell you but so much has happened since then an..."

"And what about when Caroline found her body? Huh? You could have told me then. Or when you told me about your freaking boyfriend being a century old vampire you could have told me then! Elena, you are my sister. We don't keep secrets from each other!"