Cat's Out of the Bag

Getting closer to Klaus and the Originals. I can't wait!!!

Elena told me how she met Katherine and that Bonnie was right. She was like an identical twin to her and it freaked her out. She has no idea what Katherine wanted but all she knows is that now Caroline is doing her dirty work. She and Stefan decided the only way to stay a step ahead of Katherine was make her believe that were over through fake fighting in front of Caroline. Sadly Caroline did exactly what they feared and one of our best friends is working for the enemy. Now I have to play along with this horrible plan to fool Caroline and keep Katherine at a distance from us and our family. She already threatened us once and there's no way of knowing what she will do next.

Of course, our town is throwing yet another event where we're all required to do our part. Meaning Elena fake gossiping to Caroline about her issues with Stefan and me just wanting to go home and watch a movie alone. "So, suddenly, she's in the running for mother of the year, just when I'm trying to avoid her the most." Caroline notices we have nothing to say. "I'm babbling. Neither of you wants to hear all of this." I jab Elena in the side and she comes back to the conversation.

"No, it's not that Care. Please, we're listening." I state encouraging her to go on.

"Well, I was a bitch, which is par for the course with us." We settle adding the finishing coat to the wooden pillars. "So, how are things with you and Stefan? Anything?" Elena gives me a brief look.

"No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know how to change his mind." She's not lying fully. Stefan is worried what Katherine will do to us or anyone else close to us. She killed Caroline turning her into a vampire just to send us a message. There is no way of knowing how far she'll go.

"You told Sofia and me that she's dangerous. So, maybe Stefan's got a point."

"Yeah, I know that she's dangerous, and I know that he's trying to protect me. But it feels like giving up. And I just..."

"Just what?" Caroline nudges.

"I just thought that we were stronger than that."

"So what's going on with you and Damon?" I was surprised by Caroline's question. Sure, we've caught her up on everything, even Damon killing Jeremy.

"There's nothing. I've forgiven him for snapping Jeremy's neck and that's it."

"So, you're not wanting to rip his clothes off?"

"Caroline!" I shriek getting some paint on my pants.

"What? We all saw how you two looked at each other at the barbeque."

"There was no look." I defend my lack of actions.

"Elena?" Caroline whines and I raise a brow at my sister.

"Okay, there was a little bit of longing stares between the two of you."

"Elena!" I scold her. I can't believe I'm backing her up on fake fighting with Stefan but she can't have my back that I didn't give Damon sex eyes.

"I'm sorry Sof, we all saw it. Damon had his eyes on you all night and I have super hearing. I heard his heart beat fast when Mason brought up Tyler."

"Okay, enough about my relationship. Let's I don't know. How are things with Matt?" Her jaw hangs open not saying anything.

"Uh...yeah about that..."

"Come on you can tell us. We've all dated him." I point out and her cheeks redden.