Can We Cheat Death?

This was a really hard chapter to write. I hope you all enjoy it.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?"

"No, I need to make sure everyone made it back okay."

"They keep hurting you love and you still take them back."

"They're my family Klaus. We do things to hurt each other but that doesn't mean we turn our backs when things are hard."

"But you never hurt them."

"No, I do. By choosing to fall in love with you and be by your side after everything you've done. It hurts them because they have lost so much to you and me loving you basically say screw them and what they lost."

"So loving me causes them to hurt you. I w..."

"No, stop there. I love you because I want to. They don't have to agree with my decisions but I will never force them to. I love you and that's all that matters."

"I wish I could keep them from hurting you."

"It only hurts if I let them. I understand their frustration and I know they may never understand why I fell in love with you. But I will never turn my back on them."

"Even if they will continue to turn theirs on you."

"Loving people isn't meant to be easy Klaus. You're not supposed to get along all the time. I don't like how they treat me and I won't stand for it but I will always love them."

"You're one of the most selfless individuals I've ever met."

"You're just saying that to be nice."

"One of the things you'll learn about me. I rarely do anything nice."

"Thank you for staying. But it will be better if you're not here when they come back."

"I'm a phone call away." Klaus kisses my cheek.

"Hey, Jeremy. I need to know you and everyone is okay. Please call me back. I love you." I leave yet another message and still nothing.

"They'll be back." Caroline assures me as she continues to clean the floor where Kol's body burnt.

"I have a bad feeling Care."

"What do you mean?"

"I've had this horrible feeling in my stomach ever since we first learned about this cure. I feared it would be the death of us and...now no one is answering their phones. I feel something bad has happened and we have no way of knowing how to help them."

"They will make it back safe and we'll all be okay."

"Did you want the cure?" I ask and she stops cleaning.

"I...it doesn't matter. I was never going to get it."

"But if you wanted it would you take it?" She doesn't answer me.

"We all know that it would go to Elena."

"And who said my sister was the one that everything revolved around. She's not god. She didn't make us. We owe her nothing."

"Not everyone sees it that way."

"Stefan and Damon are blindly in love with her because they see what they had when they were human with Katherine. She's just slightly nicer but still conceited individual. I love my sister but she fails to see how much power she holds over people."

"Do you really love Klaus?" I look at Caroline. "I overheard you two talking when I was saying goodbye to Tyler. So do you."

"I do Caroline. And I'm sorry for the pain that causes everyone but I'm not sorry for loving him."