60's Dance

And here comes Klaus!!

Another day and another school party to get ready for. This time it's the 60's we're dressing up for and we need a time where we can let loose and have fun for once. Elena is trying to persuade Stefan to go with her to the dance but he keeps shaking his head. But Bonne and I give her a thumbs up. Stefan has always been a downer. "Hello, class." Rick comes into the room in a rush. "Ahem. What..." he reaches for a book on his desk. "Are we learning today? With the decade dance tonight..." Things between him and Jenna must be that hard if he doesn't even remember what he's been lecturing to us.

"We've been covering the sixties all week." Dana answered.

"Right. The sixties." Rick turns to the board.

"The, uh, ahem...the sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but...actually they kind of sucked." Rick smiles at us and the room chuckles at his joke.

"Except for The Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban Missile thing. Then we walked on the moon. There was Watergate..."

"Watergate was the seventies, Rick." I raise my brow at my sister. She never interrupts Rick. Everyone looks at her wondering why she called Rick by his first name. "I mean Mr. Saltzman." She corrects herself.

"Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elena."

__________________________________
Damon is not thrilled with the idea of us going to the dance but he is being a good sport. In true Caroline fashion, she has us on the decorating committee telling us exactly how she wants the zero in sixty to look like. Bonnie looks stressed as we spot her at lunch. She's not even eating which is strange for her. "What's going on?" I ask her as I take a giant bite out of my burger. Elena and I look over to Jeremy who has stormed away from her.

"I told him he had to dress up tonight and he got all uptight."

"Obviously, he hates dressing up and even showering." I say and Elena nods in agreement.

"Hey, Elena, there you are. Okay." Dana comes up to us with a giant smile on her face. "This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight."

"Tell him she has a boyfriend." Bonnie states giving us a what the hell look.

"You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus." Our breath was knocked out of us and our hearts dropped to our stomachs. Did she really just say that name?

"I'm sorry what did you just say?" I ask her out of breath.

"His name is Klaus." We all look at each other not knowing what to do in this situation.

"I know the name's stupid but I swear he's hot."

"Where is he? Is he here?" Bonnie asks her and we both look for someone we don't know hoping we could spot him.

"I don't know." Dana responds like a robot.

"She's been compelled."

"But he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance. How cute is that?"

"Dana how cute is this?"

"What?" She looks at me. "You can tell Klaus to shove that dance up his ass and choke on it. I finish with a smile. She has no way to respond to this.

"Well save him the dance." She runs off and now I filled with anger and fear and without even knowing it a lightbulb in the light fixtures above us crack. Bonnie and Elena both jump from the sound.