That's Not Hate

What do you think about Sofia? She is someone who will be the level head in her group of friends.

Bonnie wanted to carpool today and it made going back to school slightly easier. She always has crazy stories from her family that always crack me up.

"So, Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, which isn't all that, I know, crazy..."

"Besides the massacres of witches or the townspeople believing women were witches." I say from the back.

"Exactly, I've told my grams this, but she keeps going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already!"

"No, your Grams is amazing."

"Thanks, Sof, but then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger. And still, think Florida will break off and turn into a little resort island."

"If only you could predict if I will win the lottery." I joke with Bonnie. She notices that Elena is spacing out and probably didn't hear a word she said.

"Elena! Back in the car." She gets her attention. Elena hasn't been able to ride in a car without being nervous about what could happen. It will take some time before she's fully comfortable.

"I did it again, didn't?" We nod our heads. "I...I'm sorry Bonnie and Sofia. You were telling me that..."

"That I'm psychic now."

"Right. Okay. Then predict something. About me and Sofie." Bonnie briefly looks at us.

"I see..." The brakes are forcefully applied. Our hearts stop as the bird that flew into our window just flies away unharmed. But we're left speechless as we try to slow our heartbeats as Bonnie's car skids to the side of the road barely hitting a mailbox. "What was that? I...oh my god. Elena, Sofia are you okay?" She asks checking on us.

"I'm fine. Sof, are you okay?" Elena and Bonnie both turn back to look at me.

"I'm fine." I softly reply.

"It was like a bird or something. It came out of nowhere." Bonnie assures us.

"Really, I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life." I reach over and grab my sister's hand. She gladly takes mine and squeezes back.

"I predict this year is going to be kick ass. And I predict that all sad and dark times are over. And the two of you are going to beyond happy."

"I'm liking that prediction, Bon." Hopefully, she is psychic and can foresee amazing things for us. We can't stay afraid of the unknown forever. We have to live in the here and now and understand that life is going pass us by if we don't take the opportunity to enjoy it.

__________________________________
School was filled with gossip and drama even on the first day of the new year. Everyone is catching up with their friends on their summer adventures. But in our group of friends, we were talking about the lack of hot guys.

"Major lack of male real estate. Look at that shower curtain on Kelly Beach. She looks a hot...Can I still say tranny mess?" Bonnie looks to Elena and me to answer. Elena and I both shake our heads at her.

"No, that's over." We open our lockers to put away our bags.

"And find a man, coin a phrase. It's a busy year."

"And find a way to bring world peace." I do my best pageant girl voice. Bonnie lightly shoves me as she grabs some of her books. Elena takes it as the best time to turn around and gaze at her ex-boyfriend Matt. She waves at him and he ignores her.