Dinner Disaster

This was a fun chapter to write. Enjoy this update.

"Sofia, stop eating all of the food!" Elena scolds me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so hungry. Who has dinner at eight after we've been at school all day and practice after that? I'm starving!" I reach for another piece of bread and savor it since Elena rips the basket away from me.

"Okay, explain it. Last night, I'm watching Nine-O. Commercial breaks come on, and I'm like, I bet it's that phone commercial! And sure, enough it's the guy and the girl with the bench, he flies to Paris and he flies back. They take a picture."

"Bon, that doesn't count. That commercial is on all the time." I say as I help Elena put the take-out food in a bowl. She's convinced that she has to put into a serving bowl to make it look fancy.

"Fine, how about this? Today I'm obsessed with numbers. Three numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22. How weird is that?"

"Are you saying we should get fake ID's or get Jenna to buy us some lottery tickets?" I joke and Bonnie is no having it.

"Have you talked to your grams?" Elena asks her.

"She's just gonna say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch. Do either of you want to be a witch?"

"Yes."

"No." Elena looks at me like I'm crazy for saying yes. Bonnie gives me the same look.

"What? It couldn't be the worst thing. What I've researched and heard from your Grams it's not that bad."

"Sofia." Elena shakes her head.

"Oh, and putting it into a nice bowl, isn't fooling anybody." Bonnie comments on Elena's actions.

"Oh, but it is Bon. Elena can't cook to save her life and Stefan doesn't know that yet so it will fool him." I smile and bump hips with Elena.

"Enough joking Sof. Now, where are the serving spoons?" Elena goes to look while I sneak a small bite of pasta.

"Middle drawer on your left." And sure, enough the spoons are where Bonnie said they are.

"So, you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times."

"And we live in this house all of our lives and couldn't find it. That makes sense." I take the bowls to the table. The doorbell rings and we know our girl night is over.

"He's here." Elena turns to Bonnie and me plastering the biggest smile on her face. "Don't be nervous. Just be your normal loving selves." She twirls away and heads to open the door.

"Someone's chipper." I say taking a sip of my drink.

"Don't think I'm weird. But give me one thing to find in this kitchen and I will find it."

"Okay, I will play your little weird game since I'm hungry and bored. Okay..." I think about something for Bonnie to find. "Birthday candles." I state and with ease, she pulls open a drawer and holds them out. "Oh...uh...I didn't even know they were in that drawer."

Dinner is so awkward. No one is wanting to say anything to each other. I just focus on the food and getting seconds since no one is eating besides myself.

"Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" Elena finally breaks the silence.

"Well, he let me on the team. So, I must have done something right." I nod my head as I continue eating.

"Bon, Sof, you two should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him, and..."

"Yeah, we heard." Bonnie answers for us and damn she is being really cold tonight.