Graduation

Thank you again for all the support. I never thought I would get this far with this book. It means the world that you all love Sofia Gilbert as much as I love writing her.

Since prom, Matt was able to force Elena to turn on part of her humanity but that didn't make it any better. Now instead of having no emotions, she is focused on killing Katherine which is crazy. She thinks as a newly turned vampire she has enough power to kill a 500-year-old vampire that has a talent for avoiding death and being captured. She is obsessing over killing Katherine she is making us worry about what she will do since she is only focusing through rage and nothing else. Bonnie brought down the veil to the other side and when I thought I was done crying I was wrong.

"Sofia." My heart stops hearing a voice I never thought I would hear again. I turn around and I run into my brother's arms crying like a child.

"Is it really you?" I cry into his shoulder as he hugs me. I missed his smell and his touch. "Is it really you Jer?" I ask again a sobbing mess.

"It's me."

"Are you back for good?" He shakes his head.

"We're only back in the vicinity of the expression triangle."

"So Bonnie dropped the veil. Who else is coming through it?"

"Kol just tried to kill Elena."
"Elena."

"I know you two aren't on the best of terms."

"You don't understand Jer. We've barely spoken since your death and..."

"I saw it all Sofia. I saw how Elena lost it and turned her humanity off. I saw how she hurt you and I saw you break more than I ever thought you would. I'm sorry my death caused you so much pain."

"You are my brother. Losing you I lost a huge portion of myself."

"I don't know how long I have here but I need to say this. You and Elena are the only family left and you need to work things out."

"Our sister has become more selfish than she was before. There are no working things out."

"Sofia..."

"She called me weak and pathetic again. Said I was too weak to bring you back..."

"She said things out of anger. She's your sister and I know you love her."

"I will always love her but it doesn't mean I have to let her treat me like shit."

"We only have time Sofia. You don't realize how much of it you need until it's all gone."

__________________________________
Elena and I are being cordial enough to have a family day at the cemetery as Rick and Jeremy chow down on as many burgers as their semi-dead hearts desire. "Oh my god." Rick moans loving the taste of food.

"No grease on the other side, huh?" Elena jokes.

"You have no idea how much I miss this. And this." Elena takes Rick's alcohol from him and takes a swig. "Hey."

"She just got her humanity back let her live a little." Jeremy reaches for the bottle but she pulls it back.

"Hey, you wish."

"I'm dead what are they going to do. Throw me in juvie?"

"Well, then at least you'd have a place to live." Rick jokes but it only makes me feel sadder.

"You both suck." Elena throws some fries at them.

"There it is that smile." Rick looks to me. "How about you Sofia will you dazzle us with your smile?"