Sacrifice

Get ready for some tears and Klaus at one of his finest moments.

We are all up early to go over our plan against Klaus. Well everyone but Damon. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"The girls said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus?" Stefan is trying to get caught up.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...he'll be a true hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon barges in and I keep avoiding his gaze. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie and Sofia."

"Damon..." Stefan warns him.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying and I'm not going to risk my sister's life if there is another way to kill him. One that is safer."

"I'll write Bonnie a great eulogy."

"We're not doing it, Damon!" I shout and everyone looks to me.

"You were ready to fight and do anything to save your sister. What has changed?" He asks me.

"I've thought it through and even though I'm confident I could kill him it is not a guarantee. Elijah has a plan that ends in a better result for all of us. No one has to risk their lives or die. We can all live if we go with his plan."

"How do we break the curse?" Stefan interrupts.

"You don't know how he's going to break it and yet you want to trust him?" Damon yells at me.

"Shut up and listen to him." I shush him but I can still feel him glaring at me.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The Moonstone." I state.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit in?"

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger...to the point of your death."

"And that's where you come in." I speak up and he nods.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"My sister will be dead?" I question him.

"And then you won't."

"And that's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date? You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgangers a supernatural occurrence. Odds are the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over you elixir. What if it doesn't work Elena?"

"Sofia still has a spell that could bring me back." And that's when Damon loses it.

"Does she now." He purses his lips. "Has your sister shared with you what the outcome could be for her if she saved you?" Elena looks at me with wide eyes and I want to hurt Damon. He was supposed to keep this to himself.

"Damon." I warn but he ignores me.

"No, you want to go on a suicide mission I won't let you. They need to know what you are planning to do."