Wolves and Barbecues

Thank you for all the support. Getting closer to Klaus and I can't wait for you all to read how Damon reacts to him.

Elena wanted to get out of the house and insisted that I join her at The Grill to work on homework. She's trying to avoid being home where all she can think about is Katherine and how she wants to torment her life. I have no reason to oblige. The Grill has amazing food, but I find it a little hard to focus due to seeing Matt working. I still have this moment of regret for making Damon compel him to stop loving me. I wish things were easier and not this constant need to protect every person I know and love from a psychotic vampire freak.

The pages of my textbook move ever so slightly and I feel a new presence next to me. Elena gasps as she looks up and sees Damon. I kind of already sense it was him without even seeing him. "What do you want?"

"So this is where you spend your time. I swung by your room and you were room, but you weren't there."

"You were in my room?" I ask him in disbelief. Why it shocks me I have no idea.

"No, worries I only looked through a few of the red and black lace things I know you bought for me." He wiggles his brows and I just roll my eyes. Elena looks at us in disbelief. She's pissed that I have moved past Damon killing Jeremy so quickly. It's not I've forgotten what he's done or think it's okay, but I've realized there's no point to hold it over him since Jeremy is safe and sound. Elena has always been a grudge holder except for Stefan. She seems to forgive him for anything he does no matter how vile or wrong it is. She seems to think he is the only one that deserves forgiveness out of the whole vampire race. I see it differently but that's because my sister is blind by the good boy act Stefan portrays on a daily basis. If she saw him for all the bad he's done along with the good she wouldn't be as shocked when things go wrong.

Elena packs up her stuff and motions for me to follow her. I  don't know when she got the idea that we're joined at the hip, but she's still having issues and as her sister, I need to support her. "Where are you two going?"

"I made myself clear Damon. I want nothing to do with you. And that means I don't want you hanging around my family." Elena states firmly and I just raise my brows at her. Damn, she really thinks she can make decisions for me.

"Okay, see you two at Jenna's barbeque." Elena stops and looks at me.

"Did you know of this?"

"I only know about the barbeque because you told me of it this morning." I state.

"Well, then how does he know about the barbeque?"

"Can we not talk about him like he's not here." I point out.

"It was my idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood. So I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So, I told Rick to tell Jenna."

"Does Jenna know you're gonna be there?" I ask.

"Because she's not exactly a fan of yours."

"Here you go." A waitress places a white box in front of Damon.

"Perfect thank you. I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way." He gets up with the cobbler and it does smell amazing.

"What are you up to?" Elena demands.

"I'm gonna go put some silver into Mason Lockwood. See you two at the barbeque." Damon comes closer to me. "Oh, I especially can't wait to see you." Damon winks one more time before heading off. Elena is judging me.

"I don't want to talk about it, Lenny." I try heading to the car but she stops me.

"No, how is it you went from hating him and wanting to cause him pain and now what you're friends with the man who killed our brother!"