Birthday or Funeral

Thank you all for your support. Please enjoy this next update.

"Which do you want? Pizza, take-out or..."
"All of it." I take the food from Caroline and make my way onto her couch. We're watching the Notebook for the billionth time.

"So, you officially broke up with Damon."

"Yep." I stuff my face with a giant slice of pizza. I'm stressing eating to not go and physically hurt my sister.

"And Elena just..."
"Had Damon compel Jeremy again what she thinks is best."

"So you and her aren..."

"She's making these big decisions for our family like she's our mom. She's not. Elena doesn't know what it means to be responsible. When our parents died she shut everyone out because it was easier for her to focus on her own sadness than live life. I was the one who forced Jeremy to spend time with friends and get out. I'm the one who still reminds him to do at least half of his homework telling him that a fifty is always better than a zero."

"You're mad at Elena for her being selfish."

"Wouldn't you? Everything that has happened to us since vampires, werewolves, and witches have come into our lives is because she's decided things and her plans don't work. She can't change that she's the doppelganger but she can change thinking she controls everyone."

"Do you want me to talk to her?"

"No, I'll get over it eventually and we'll be fine. I'm more upset that Damon pretty much does whatever she says without question."

"You wish he did the same for you." I look at Care and put down my food.

"He said he loved me but I had to fight him to see my point of view and why I wanted things to be a certain way, but with her...it's like she's the center of the universe and everything revolves around her."

"I've always noticed that you've taken a back burner to Elena."

"It's hard not to. She's Elena. My parents thought she could do no wrong and...she didn't. She followed the rules and even when she broke them she had this way..."

"Of making it about her." I nod.

"Enough about my drama let's get to Tyler."

"Well, I broke up with him since he is clearly sired to Klaus and won't wake up and realize he has no control over his own actions."

"He is a different person Care. Becoming a hybrid has made him a bigger jerk than he was before."

"You dated him, how did you get across to him?"

"Well, when Ty and I were together it was child's play. Sure we had some serious conversations but it was nothing to this level. And he's stubborn. He won't change or realize he needs to change unless he wants to."

"God boys are dumb."

"Tell me about it. I slept with Damon because I thought he was going to die the night of Homecoming and he just broke my heart more by siding with my sister on a family matter."

"YOU SLEPT WITH DAMON!"

"Seriously Care, the whole world can hear you." I shush her. Thankfully her mom has the night shift and we won't have to worry about waking her. "And it was one night." She raises her brow. "And some parts of the morning. It was a moment of weakness and you know what I needed it. It reminded me that no matter how much I thought I was in love with him he didn't feel the same about me. My sister has her magic of making both Salvatore men fall to her charm and I don't need to fight it. The three of them deserve each other."