Festival in Besalu

When all the children were fed and the dishes were washed, Maria took off her apron, placed it on the wooden chair and walked to the back door. Looking out the window, the young siniorita smiled as she watched the children play with each other out in the back yard. The young woman has lived at the orphanage her entire life and there was no place else she would rather be. The children, Mother Teresa and the nuns were all the family she had, and she treasured them.

"Did you peel all the potatoes and onions?" Mother Teresa's sharp tongue lashed out.

Maria swung around and her eyes immediately warmed, "Yes Mother Teresa, I finished my task early this morning before I headed out to the river to wash the clothes."

Mother Teresa's tired body sagged on the chair and she sighed, "Child reach me a glass of water, and take off my shoes and massage my feet. They are in pain, and full of blisters."

After Maria handed the glass of water to Mother Teresa, she kneeled before her and pulled off the worn out shoes that were full of holes and placed them to the side. She then peeled off the socks that were stuck on Mother Teresa's sweaty skin, and placed them on the shoes, her nostrils flared as the sweat filled the air, but Maria didn't mind, she loved the nun as a mother and would do anything for her.

Mother Teresa closed her eyes and relaxed on her chair, loving the feeling as Maria massaged her feet. "Are you looking to convince me to let you go to the festival today child?" Mother Teresa asked sternly, "because it would do you well to stay home, remember what happened last year when you went to the festival?"

How could Maria forget, even though it wasn't her fault, she was blamed for everything that happened on that day! But she had so hoped that it would have been forgotten and she could go again this year. She waited all year for this day, but she could tell by the tone of Mother Teresa's voice that her chances of attending the festival was slim to none. 

"But the children were so looking forward to going, it will break their heart when they find out they can't go." Maria said, with trembling lips.

"The children will attend the festivities, the nuns and myself will accompany them, only you will not be able to go!"

Maria's heart sank, and a tear glided down her beautiful face, as she continued massaging the nuns dainty feet. 

"Now now child, don't cry, it's just one day that will come to pass, mayhap next year when things will have cooled down, you can come with us." 

The young woman said not one word. She knew that to argue with Mother Teresa would only cause her more grief. The nun did not easily change her mind, she was as stubborn as a mule.

As the day wore on, excitement filled the air, and all the children and the nuns prepared for the long walk to the center of the village where all the festivities were about to start. Maria tried to stop herself from feeling depressed but was unsuccessful. She was looking forward to going too, but to her dismay it was not going to happen.

***********

The music from the festival reached Sidri's ears and he cursed out loud. Never has he hated the humans more than at this very moment. His guts curled and twisted, as anger claimed him. 

"Master, should I lay out your costume?" Rosa asked shyly.

Sidri turned to face the servant girl just as she walked by his side. His arm reached out and he pinched her breast roughly. The girl stopped and turned to face the Fay shyly. She knew what she had to do when her master demanded her services. 

Slowly she unbuttoned her gown from top to bottom and watched as it glided off her body and dropped on to the marble floor. She stood naked before Sidri, and was pleased that the Fay eyes looked hungryly at her. Mayhap, she thought, if she pleased him enough he will bump her up and give her a better position in the villa. She would so love that, it would be a very satisfying moment to watch the other servants turn green with jealousy. 

The Fay King wasted no time as he pulled the servant in his arms and sprinkled pink stardust over her head. The girl immediately dropped to her knees and prepared herself as Sidri closed his eyes, pushed forward, and enjoyed the feeling of his erection gliding all the way down her throat. The girl was an expert at what she was doing and she worked on him until he moaned hoarsely out loud with satisfaction. When Rosa lifted herself to her feet, she expected Sidri to take her in his arms, but was gravely disappointed when her Master walked away and ignored her existence. 

The King marched out onto the terrace and gritted his teeth. Damn humans! He thought, no good for nothing! He didn't feel like wasting his time at the festival, but decided to go anyway just in case the young woman was there. He needed to see her again, he convinced himself, just to try and see what it is about her that separates her from the rest of the world. 

With the snap of his fingers, Sidri changed his whole appearance. He was much shorter than his six and a half feet original height, his thick golden hair turned charcoal black, and was tied in a pony tail, and his eyes turned the color green. His body was masculine and built with muscles that rippled when he walked, but he looked no where near like his Sexy, powerful Fay appearance. 

Zapping himself to the festival, the Fay walked through the crowds and searched for the young woman who had tormented him since the day he lay eyes on her.

*************

Maria waved her hand and watched as all the children and the nuns disappear from her view. Only then did she drop her shoulders and allow herself to shed some tears. 

"Tis not fair that I am left behind!" She cried to herself, "what happened last year was not my fault!"

Memories from the year before claimed her thoughts and pain surged through her heart. How was it her fault that the huge tent in the middle of the square came tumbling down, and caused a dominoe effect, taking all the merchants merchandise to the ground creating chaos throughout the market, as everyone ran for cover. Even the animals took advantage of the situation and ran away. 

"It's not my fault!" Maria screamed to herself, and stomped her small foot in the ground. 

She remembered how everyone turned to blame her, because they didn't know who else to blame. "You are cursed!" Everyone had yelled, and pointed their finger's at her. "your beauty comes from the dark forces and is evil!" 

How was it her fault that a man who was riding on a horse, lost control of his animal because he was staring at her, and drove his horse onto another man who pulled out a huge stick and beat the horse and caused it to go wild. Frightened out of his mind, the horse raced across the square taking with him  one of the pole that held up the huge tent. 

Everyone blamed Maria for everything, including the wife of the man on the horse, who was green with jealousy and filled with hatred. No matter how many years Maria will live, she will never forget the look on the woman's face as she tried to scratch her eyes out. 

"Whore!" The crazed woman yelled, and all the angry merchants nodded their heads angrily. "The pox be on you!" The music stopped and thousands of people turned to stare at her, and from that moment forward she was branded the scarlet woman.

Taking a deep breath of inhalation, Maria went back inside the orphanage and headed straight to the laundry room. There was a pile of clothes on the table that needed ironing. Maria grabbed the heavy iron and filled it with hot coal. Laying a crisp, ivory, folded sheet on the table, Maria grabbed the first gown that belonged to one of the children and started ironing. 

************

In the magical realm of the Greek Gods, the beautiful goddess Afroditis sighed, as she made her way out into the gardens. Her mind was filled with images of her soulmate and a tear rolled down her face. She longed to see his face again, and touch his chiseled lips with hers. It wasn't fair, she thought, that her father has forbidden her to be with him.

Walking over to the huge fountain that was in the center of the gardens, and decorated with the most beautiful pink roses one has ever seen, the beautiful Afroditis leaned over and dipped her fingers in the water. A single tear glided down her face and fell into the water, causing a rippling effect. 

As the water spread apart, Afroditis's attention was caught when she glimpsed into the water and saw a beautiful spainish seniorita crying her heart out. The goddess