Prince Abdul

Although it was the wee hours of the night, Amira did not sleep a wink. Her body ached from the beating her father had given her, and her heart bled from grief. How did she end up back here, she thought, as her tears glided down her beautiful face. No one here cared for her, for not one of her siblings came to comfort her, not even her beloved mother made an appearance!

She was all alone in this world, and the other she reminded herself. Stephan didn't want her, he betrayed her as if she were no one of importance in his life! And that realization hurt more than any beating her father could have given her.

Images of the warrior danced before her, and her heart ached for him, but, she reminded herself, he didn't love her. Mayhap it would be a good idea to marry the Persian Prince. Rumors had it that he was old and fat, with many wives, but Amira didn't care anymore what he looked like. She would marry him just to get away from her family.

The princess knew that if she refused to marry the Prince, her father would disown her, and cast her out of the palace, if not kill her first. She disgraced her family by running away, and she was used goods now. No Prince Charming would ever want to marry a whore. Even the Prince of Persia would kill her once he takes her to his bed and sees that she is not pure.

The black eyed beauty started to cry even more, her life was ruined now and she had no choice but to marry the Prince, but first she must talk to him in private and explain herself. Mayhap he was too old to even perform his duties in bed, she thought, and he would just keep her around just to add her to his collection of wives. Mayhap he didn't care about her virtue, but thirst for power and wanted to marry her to collect her huge dowry and make himself richer than he already is. Wiping the tears from her eyes and ignoring her aching heart, the princess finally fell into deep sleep.

The sun hung in the sky like a brilliant orange ornament. It's flaming rays splashed across Arabia, as the new day was born. The castle had come to life as everyone bustled about to prepare for the Prince of Persia to grace them with his appearance at the dinner table. Amira stayed in her chamber all day not wishing to see anyone until the doors of the banquet room opened up.

As the day wore on, Amira started to feel the effects of tonight's ball. She got into the tub, slid her aching body in the warm scented water, and closed her eyes. Instantly an image of Stephan came to mind and tears glided down her face, reminding her that life was not fair.

The finest linens were spread on the tables across the great dining room where hundreds waited to be served. The tables were decorated with beautiful flower arrangements, porcelain plates with gold trimmings around them, sterling silverware, and crystal goblets that sparkled brightly when the light shined on them.

The Sultan spared no expense, wanting to make a good impression, especially since his ungrateful daughter almost destroyed his chance to become one of the richest man in the world! Amira's father sat on his chair and his beady eyes looked about the room with satisfaction. He was sure that the preparations would meet the approval of the Persain Prince.

Twirling his huge mustache with his fingers, the Sultan watched his wives enter the banquet room, but his gaze quickly shifted to the new servant girl who was placing a tankard of wine right in front of him.

Oh she was a sight to behold, he thought, as his shaft stiffened and he ran his tongue across his thin lined lips. Tonight he would deflower this one and make her kneel before him, she looked fresh and exciting and by God, he would have her!

The room filled quickly with all the Persian guests, as well as the Arabian family members and friends, but Prince Abdul still hadn't made an appearance yet. Amira finally entered the room followed by her guards who walked closely behind her. Her father smiled at her and motioned for her to come sit next to him.