How do I love thee, let me count the ways........

In all of Fay land, in all the world, and across the universe, there is only one man that is by far more handsome and powerful than Hawk. Some would argue that he is not a man, he is a Fay god, but those who know him will say simply that he is fiercely loved and worshiped not because of his looks or his strength, or even because he is the King of Fay, but because he loves with everything inside him.

He loves his people, he loves the humans, he loves the animals, he just loves to love, but he doesn't love anything or anyone more than he loves his soulmate Violet. He was born to love her, and love her he does. Every breath, every thought, every decision in his life is for Violet. He loves her fiercely with everything inside him, but there was one teenie weenie problem, he didn't know if she returned his love.

He hasn't seen her for months, because whenever he found an excuse to visit Sterlingshire castle, she was never in attendance, and he wondered if she did it on purpose. His heart sank at the thought of her doing such a thing, and frustrated he decided to go and visit Hawk and ask for his advice. He and his wife looked very much in love with each other and Kalen wanted to ask Hawk how he could win Violets love, because he was sure that Hawk would give him good advice.

Violet was sitting with a few ladies of the court on the stone bench, on the side of the square. Her violet eyes shined bright with laughter as she chatted with the women. She did not notice that Kalen had entered the courtyard until the ladies around her started to whisper amongst themselves that the gorgeous king of Fay had entered the courtyard.

Violet's heart pounded against her chest, was Kalen here? Her eyes scanned across the courtyard, and she found him in deep conversation with her father right by the entrance to the gardens. She tried to hear what they were saying, but her super powers were not all developed yet. Quickly lifting herself to her feet, Violet went back inside the castle, and made her way to the kitchens.

Cook was chopping onions when the Druidess crashed open the door and marched in her kitchen angrily. Annoyed that Violet came in her kitchen with an attitude, Cook wiped her hands on her apron, and drew her eye brows together, "Don't you come marching in my domain angrilly, there's only one attitude in this kitchen and it's mine!"

But even though Cook didn't like the way Violet always burst through her kitchen with her tantrums, deep down inside she still had a soft spot for her. It was whispered throughout the castle that Cook was the one who spoiled her from day one.

"Nana!" A name Violet had baptized her with from the day she was born, and she was the only one allowed to call her that, "it's him again! Does he think that he can just come to Sterlingshire at his will?"

"Who are you talking about child?" Cook asked, as she came around the wooden table to face Violet.

"That ugly, no good for nothing king of Fay, that's who!" She yelled.

Cook raised an eye brow, "You mean that no good for nothing king of Fay that you just so happen to be in love with?" Cook said, and her eyes shined bright with laughter.

Violets face turned fifty shades of red before she raised her nose up in the air and said, "I hate him Nana! He is a pig, and I don't want him anywhere near me!"

"Hhhmmm, let me see here, first you hate him, then you love him, and then you hate him again? Weren't you head over heals for him before? What changed your mind child?" Cook asked, not understanding young ones these days. When she fell in love with her man, her love stayed strong all this time, and she could never see herself with another, she loved her warrior with all her heart. "What has changed that you no longer care for him?"

"Well his arrogance for starters! He thinks that he is absolutely one hundred percent gorgeous!" She said, not realizing that when she mouthed those words, her eyes looked dreamy and her hands fell on her heart.