The Lace Veil

My beautiful, wonderful fans, whom I love more than love!!!! I am still in Greece, and have come to my in laws small little tinie weenie village called Borthonia, population 300! My father and mother in law are so excited to see us and we are also glad to be here in this teenie weenie village, but there is no internet anywhere around here for miles! So I went to Sparta today and bought a small little device called 'my fi' cost me 80 euros and it's a portable small little device that gives you internet wherever you are! Yahoooooo, so here I am!!!!! Back to my wonderful writing and to my precious fans! 

The last time I posted a chapter, the last paragraph got cut off, so I will start agin with the last paragraph. Xoxoxxoxoxxoxo

                                                  "The last paragraph that got lost from the last chapter"

As the water spread apart, Aphrothiti's attention was caught when she glimpsed into the water and saw a beautiful Spanish seniorita crying her heart out. The goddess's interest peaked when she got into the the mind of the sweet young woman and realized why she was crying. Immediately her mind went to work on a way to find a solution for the lovely seniorita to attend the festival. Mayhap a costume to disguise her identity will help, she thought cleverly, as her mind whirled with ideas.

                                                                                           THE LACE VEIL

Maria finished ironing all the gowns, shirts and trousers and lay them neatly on the table, where the children will find them in the morning to wear. Sweat dripped down her forehead, as she placed the heavy, hot iron on the shelf where it belonged. With her apron, the seniorita wiped her face, and walked over to the window. The sun was about to set, and soon it will be dark. The soft wind carried the sound of music from the festival, and the young woman heart sank. 

Oh how she wanted desperately to attend the festival and dance the night away with the handsome men, and eat the lamb on the spits, and drink the wine. She wanted to see the beautiful senioritas with their lovely elegant costumes dancing the night away in the arms of their sweethearts. How she longed to watch as the senioritas flutter their eye lashes and flirt with their hearts desire, and watch them sneak off into the night. 

Taking a deep breath of  inhalation, Maria wiped her tears and walked into the kitchen to take down the curtain that framed the small window that was above the sink and sew it, because little Joseph had climbed on the sink to kill a bumble bee that had made its way inside the kitchen and had landed on the worn out curtain. The children were scared and started screaming out loud and Joseph thought that he could save the day, but when he swatted the bumble bee, it flew away and stung one of the girls, and the curtain rod fell from its holding and ripped the side of the curtain. Maria remembered the scolding little Joseph got from Mother Teresa afterwards, but the cute little boy was still to this day always trying to impress the girls at the orphanage. A smile curved the seniorita's lips, she loved the children and the nuns, it is the only family she has ever had ever since her mama died.

After taking down the curtain, Maria stepped off the wooden chair, pushed it to the side and remembered that they were out of thread. Making a mental note to buy thread the next time they were in town, the young señorita went into the sitting room. She remebered that last year Mother Teresa had placed a beautiful flowered print curtain inside the chest that one of the locals had gifted her. Lifting the lid, Maria searched for the curtain thinking to dress the window with it until the old one was fixed, but as her hands rummaged through all the stuff, Maria came across a beautiful white gown that was buried down at the bottom of the chest.