A new friend

Maria was disappointed at the turn of events, and when Sidri kissed her goodbye her heart broke in two. How was she going to live without him, she thought, as a single tear glided down her face. 

"No need for tears Maria, you will be very happy here, I will make sure of that!" Foster promised, and pushed a strand of hair away from her face. 

He stood only inches away from her, he was so close, Maria could feel his sweet breath on her face. Tilting her head back to meet his gaze, she whispered softly, "I love him Foster, and I fear I will lose him." 

"Nonsense! Sidri is not going anywhere without you, if he didn't feel love for you he wouldn't have brought you here to keep you safe." The Fay reasoned with her. "Let's go have dinner and we can chit chat all day long, I'm a good listener and I want to hear all about you." 

Maria followed him into the dining room, and sat on a chair opposite him. A three course meal was displayed elegantly on the decorative table, and Maria's nostrils flared as she smelled the duck roast. 

"Dig in, Cook is one of the best cook around, I'm sure you will find her cooking very tasteful." Foster told her as he stuck his fork into the duckling. 

It was true, Maria had never tasted anything like this before in her life. She ate everything on her plate and drank the glass of red wine that Foster had filled for her. 

"Be careful with the wine, it is one of the best wine in the area, but it is strong and it will knock you out if you drink too much of it." The Fay said when he refilled her glass. 

When Foster and Maria finished eating they went into the sitting room, and spent the rest of the day talking and getting to know each other. The young señorita's cheeks were flushed after she drank the second glass of wine, but was well enough to know that her new friend treated her with the outmost respect, and she liked his pleasantness. 

"Thank you Foster for taking me in." She told him, "it is very kind of you." She refrained from telling him that she really liked him, fearing that he would think her silly. He was after all a Fay, and she should be afraid of him, but he was so kind and gracious. The humans have stereotyped the Fays thinking that all Fays are dangerous, but that was not the case at all, she thought, as she ruffled her skirt and watched as the material unfolded to the floor.

"No big deal, I returned a favor." He laughed, and dimples on both sides of his cheeks appeared. 

"You're a handsome lad Foster, hasn't anyone stolen your heart yet?" Maria asked him, curious as to why he lived in such a huge castle all by himself.

Foster hesitated at first, but then replied cautiously, "I have loved and I have lost, and I am not interested in loving again, it's too hurtful." 

"You have loved? Who was she and why are you not together anymore?" The young señorita asked, as she pulled herself straight in her seat, curious to know everything about him.

"It's a long story, Maria, and I prefer not to go into details." The Fay said.

Maria smiled at him, "I have all day Foster, please, I would love to hear all about your love story."

***********

"We have pressing matters to discus and you must come home immediately!" Leathan said, wearing an anxious look on his face. 

"You are my second in command, take care of it!" Sidri said, going home was the last thing on his mind, he wanted to return to Fosters castle and be with Maria.

"The council asks for you, they do not want me. They are starting to question your loyalty to them and have raised a panic on our land. The council fears that the Seelie King is up to something because he has disappeared from his kingdom for a while now." 

Sidri raised an eye brow, "Kalan? He is not around? That's not like him!" 

"Last time anyone saw him was many months ago when he jumped into the mirrors to try and save Violet, which by the way is the next Seelie Queen in  line and is also Hawks daughter!" Leathan said in a desperate tone of voice. "If he fails to return, we will take all the blame, everyone knows that you hate him and they will suspect foul play!" 

"I have nothing to do with Kalan's disappearance!" The King said in a firm and unwavering voice. 

"I know you don't, but try convincing them that you don't! Hawk is getting desperate to find his daughter, and believe me he will reek havoc if he doesn't find her soon. Do you have any idea who this Hawk is? He is a very strong and powerful Seelie Fay, and he is Kalan's second in command!" Leathan warned. 

"And what would you have me do?" The King asked.

"The council took the liberty and spied inside the mirror, and found the Seelie King to be a sex prisoner. You mist go and help him, because he will be able to help you and Maria. The council says that Maria is not who you think she is, she carries Seelie royal blood in her veins and the council thinks that a union with her can bring peace among the Fays. If we unite with the Seelie's, think of how grand our army will be!" Leathan said excitedly.

The King was speechless. 

"Maria knows not who she is, but the nuns who raised her know exactly who and what she is!" Leathan had the Kings undivided attention. "Maria's mother a long time ago had had an affair with Kalan, and Maria was born out of wedlock. When Maria's mother passed away, the King brought her to the orphanage when he found out that he had fathered a child, and he made the nuns swear to secrecy. Rumor has it that he gave the nuns a huge magic mirror and told them should his daughter's life be in ever danger, she is to jump through the mirror!" 

Sidri's mind whirled with questions, and his heart thumped aggressively against his muscled chest. Could Maria be a  Seelie princess?

Thank yiunfornyour votes and comments.