Fireworks Explode

Alexander was not prepared for the electricity that coursed through his blood as he deepened the kiss. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her against his muscled chest and felt her tremble in his arms. The both of them were lost in the moment, and finally it was Alexander that pulled away first. Looking into her eyes, he wondered what was going through her mind this very moment. Did she want him as much as he wanted her, he wondered, or was she giving herself to him because she had no choice.

"Tell me what you're thinking Lanie." He whispered hoarsely, as he looked deep into her eyes for answers.

"I don't know Alexander." She said softly, dropping her gaze to her lap. "I'm confused."

Alexander palmed her face, tipped her head back gently, and his eyes searched hers. "I want to know what is in your heart, Mrs. MacCloud." He said, blessing her with a wide smile. "I want to know every single think you are thinking."

"Why?" She asked him, not understanding why he would even care about what was in her heart.

"Because you are my wife, you belong to me now, and I want to know you. I can't get into your mind to read your thoughts, and I want to know everything that you are thinking, it is very important to me to know this."

"I'm really not thinking much of anything." She lied.

"Tell me what you felt when you heard my fathers poisons words." He asked her passionately, already knowing what her answer will be.

"I felt like someone stuck a knife in my heart." She whispered as a single teardrop glided down her face.

Alexander wiped it away, and pulled her back into his arms. "I promise you Lanie, I will never allow anyone to talk about you in that way ever again!"

Lanie pulled back, and raised her head to meet his eyes. She wondered why he cared about her feelings. "Thank you." She told him, and wondered if tonight he would join her in her bed. He sure seemed like he wanted her, and the truth was that she wanted him too.

"Alexander, Lanie?" Katarina called out, from somewhere behind the many trees and the shrubs that graced the gardens.

The Druid pulled his warrior body off the bench and stood in a warriors stance. Lanie could not help but feel her heart beat faster as she eyed her husband. "What is it Katarina, is something wrong? "

"Father is asking for you, and you best hurry, you know he doesn't like to be kept waiting, and don't worry, I will keep your wife company until you return brother." She told him, as she made her way to where Lanie sat and took a seat next to her.

Alexander threw Lanie an apologetic look before he left, and Katarina smiled at Lanie, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt, but father can get very upset if he is kept waiting."

"Don't worry Katarina, you did the right thing to come and get him. We were done talking anyway." She lied.

Lanie and Katarina spent the afternoon taking and getting to know each other. They became friends quickly, and Lanie was grateful that her sister in law was a friendly person. When they returned back to Balmoral castle, Lanie headed to her chambers to freshen up and change into her evening gown.

The Druidess sat on her bed and thoughts of her husband claimed her. She could still feel his lips on hers, and she closed her eyes, rethinking the moment his lips touched hers, and she didn't notice the door to her chamber open and several servants walk in, until they called out to her.

"Mistress Lanie?"

Lanie opened her eyes quickly to find the servants lined up in front of her, and each held in her hands a beautiful gown, and a pair of matching slippers.

When Lanie threw them a questioning glance, the head mistress said, "Gifts from your husband. He said you should wear the blue one for dinner tonight, and he told me to give you this."

Lanie's eyes dropped to the servants hand that was holding a small square box. She reached out and took it, and when she opened it her mouth dropped open with surprise. "Is this for me?" She asked breathlessly.

"Yes mistress," the servant said, trying to hide the jealousy from her voice.

Pulling out a diamond necklace from the box, Lanie raised it in mid air, and dangled it. The diamonds sparkled with clarity, and Lanie wondered where her husband had gotten such a treasure. She wrapped it around her neck and walked over to the mirror to admire the jewel.

The servants hung her gowns on the hooks that were embedded in the stone wall, and left the chamber. Lanie wondered if Alexander gave her the gifts because he was planning on visiting her bed tonight. Everyone knew that most men lavished their wives with gifts before they ravished them.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxxoxo