New beginnings

About ten miles before they were to arrive in the state of Florida, Edward finally spoke and broke the ice. "My friends are eagerly waiting for our arrival, I called them while you slept and told them all about you." He said, trying to sound calm and collective, even though his stomach was in knots.

Bella raised her head and held her breath, the dumb ass decided to speak at last! She thought, he doesn't have too much time left, and at this pace he will never uncover the truth!

Heather ignored him, her mind was busy thinking about her parents. Those men who killed them are probably searching for her. What if they had connections in Florida and they find her there? "I don't know if it's a good idea to involve your friends in my problems. If those men come and find me at your friends home, their life will be in grave danger! I don't want to be the cause of their death too." She said, as a single tear glided down her face.

"You won't be putting them in any danger, my friends know how to protect themselves if the need arises. Worry not about them, just try and relax yourself, and I'm positive that everything will work out for the best." He told her.

His friends were Druids, and feared no one, they are immortals with strength and powers to match his own. Edward thought, as he took the next exit off the highway, and stopped at the red light.

"How long will we stay?" Heather asked.

"We will stay until you feel safe enough to go on your own. We can go to the bank and transfer your parents money to your account since you have inherited it all now, and make a life for yourself wherever you choose to." He told her, already feeling his heart breaking. How was he going to leave her, he thought, when she meant the world to him. He knew that he should have not allowed himself to have feelings for her, but it was too late.

"I don't want my parents money! I will donate it to my parents favorite charities, in their memory." Heather said, in a broken voice.

Edward pulled down a few side streets and drove through a long secluded dirt road. "What do you mean you don't want your parents money! How will you survive on your own? The money belongs to you now, and you must take it and live your life. I don't understand why your parents never shared their wealth with you, didn't you have a good relationship with them?" He asked her, wondering why she lived in the dumps, while they lived in luxury.

Heather sighed and decided to ignore his remark. She was in no mood to explain to him the truth. She had more important issues to deal with now. Looking ahead, she realized that Edward was driving into a secluded area, but she felt no fear, she trusted him, and knew that she was in good hands.

Up ahead, Heather saw a structure that looked like a small villa, and it was surrounded by orange trees. Edwards friends were rich, she thought dryly, and hoped that they were not hung up on their money. She was in no mood to be around people who were selfish and arrogant.

Edward pulled up to the huge driveway that was paved with cement that sparkled against the sunlight. The villa was beautifully set in the middle of an orange grove, and Heather sighed at the beauty of it.

Heather reached in the back seat and grabbed her bag before the both of them got out of the car, and Bella jumped out before they locked her up in there again, not that she was in any kind of hurry to enter the villa. The people were nice, but their dog was crazy and wild, she hated Fred, and she swore that if he made any kind of obnoxious remark to her again, she would take out her claws! Her friends back home had warned her that Fred lived in Florida with these people, and Bella decided she was not going to tolerate Fred growling at her!

Heather admired the landscaping of this little paradise, wondering as Edward took her by the hand and pulled her gently to the front door, if they would be able to help her. The door swung open even before they rung the door bell, and a bunch of smiling happy people came out hugging Edward warmly and introducing themselves to Heather.

Bella watched them go inside and ran after them, she barely made it inside before Peter closed the door, and joined the others in the living room. Heather was introduced to everyone, and she shyly shook their hands. There were at least ten gorgeous, giants in the room who looked like all they did all day long was pump iron, and their women were absolutely beautiful!

Heather was left speechless as she sat down on a chair and looked around the room. Who were these people, she wondered, as her eyes drifted across the room. It was filled with expensive antiques, and looked like a museum. There were beautiful tapestries, and artifacts hanging on the walls around the huge room that looked like it was from medieval times. The floors were made of marble, and the furniture looked handcrafted.

Focusing back on what everyone was talking about, Heather realized that the conversation was about her.

"We heard it on the news, who could have done such a crime?" Peter asked.

"We don't know, but we didn't wait around to find out!" Edward said, "Think mayhap we can keep her here until it is safe for her to leave?"

"Of course she can stay, there's plenty of room!" A beautiful woman with black raven hair that hung down her back below her waist said.

"Great, then please show us to the guest room, it is getting late and we are very tired. Tomorrow we can discuss what we shall do." Edward said.

Heather picked up Bella in one hand and her bag in the other and followed Peter up the stairs to the guest room.

The huge beautiful room had a view of the old meadow orchard that was anchored against the rich fertile soil by the old winding river, Heather sighed, the scene before her looked so peaceful, there were miles and miles of orange trees nestled in the orchard that flanked each side of the river, and the beauty of it took Heather's breath away.

Peter left after wishing them a good night, and Heather raised a questioning eye brow at Edward. "Where are you sleeping?" She asked, "there's only one bed in this room, why would they expect us to sleep on the same bed?"

"Because I told them that we are together." He said simply.

"Why did you lie to them?" Heather asked, as she eyed the king sized bed.

"It was the only thing I could think to say, if they think were an item they will help you." He told her. "Come now, we can figure things out in the morning, I know you are tired, and you need your rest."

The idea of sleeping with him on the same bed left her scared. She knew that if their bodies accidently touched it would ignite a fire within her that she would not be able to put out. Deciding to sleep with her clothes on was the only thing for her to do.

After the both of them took their turn in the bathroom, they lay on the bed in silence, each in their own thoughts. Heather had edged herself all the way to the far side of the huge bed, and lay still, this was going to be a long night, she thought miserably.

Edwards thoughts were all over the place. He wanted to reach over the bed and pull Heather into his arms. He wanted to trail soft kisses over her velvety skin, and watch as she quivered in his arms. Turning his head, he looked across the bed. The silvery full moon cast it's moonbeams through the window and Edward could see her sillouette in the dark night. He saw the curves of her firm, round breasts, and his shaft stiffened hard as a rock. He ached to run his tongue down the path to Netherland and taste her sweet nectar. Closing his eyes, Edward tightened his lips, waiting for the ache in his loins to subside, but that never happened, in fact, if anything, it grew stronger and drove him mad with desire.

He wanted her, and by God, he was going to have her! He reached out and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her against his muscled chest. She did not fight him off, she was in need of his touch, and wanted him badly too.

Bella smiled, she was sitting on the window ledge with the best view in town, her vision was excellent in the dark and she looked at the couple in bed and waited for Edward to make his move. Geeze!!!! She thought, humans take too long! If her Harry was around he would have her meowing in no time.

Right now I'm am so tired that all I want to do is sleep, I had a super busy day! There are probably many mistakes but I can't fix it today, if you find any mistakes just comment about it and I will take care of it tomorrow. Thanks.

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxxoxxoxo