Hawks heart

Nessa laced her fingers in the Fay's hair and gently pulled his head up. "Hawk?"'she said through tears of her own. "What is happening, why am I lost and frightened?"

Blinded by tears, Hawk looked at his Nessa and he was all choked up. She was back! Sweet JESUS she was back!

Alarmed at the condition her husband was in, Nessa pulled Hawks head to her breasts and caressed his back. "Shhhh, it's going to be alright Hawk." She said, in a soothing soft voice.

It took a few minutes for the Fay to come around, and then he raised his head and looked into her sea green eyes, "My heart!" He said hoarsely, as more tears glided down his handsome chiseled face, "I've waited for your return, tortured every second you were away from me, and now you are back!"

"Yes I'm back Hawk, but I fail to understand what is happening. Where is Violet?" She asked, not remembering everything.

"She is safe, and has found her soulmate, although they will need time to accept the fact they they belong together. Our daughter can be difficult as you well know." He smiled and his golden eyes sparkled with fresh tears, he was so glad to have her back.

Nessa's eyes narrowed, "What happened to me, I'm confused." She asked, not sure she was going to like the answer he was going to give her.

Hawk took a deep inhalation of breath before he rolled off her, and lay at her side. Looking down at her beautiful face, Hawk knew that she was his life, and if she ever disappeared from his life again, he would find a way to end his life. "There are many things I must tell you, but I'm not sure now is the right time."

"Please Hawk, I need to know what happened." She pleaded.

"Very well, but you won't be too happy with what I tell you." With the back of his hand he wiped the tears from his face, not caring that she has seen him during his weakest moments. He was a Fay after all and he wasn't allowed the pleasure of showing signs of weaknesses. But this one last time was needed to let go of all the pain that had made a home in his heart, and now that he had released it, he promised himself that he would never cry again.

"You drowned Nessa." He told her, he wasn't about to tell her that she was depressed and walked on purpose into the water, nor was he going to tell her why, because he wasn't sure how she would react and he didn't want a repeat of the last time he confessed to her the truth. He was just glad that her memory had blocked this information from her.

"I drowned?" She asked, not remembering a thing of that day. "How did I drown?"

Hawks heart raced, and his stomach coiled into a knot. He could never tell her the truth and risk losing her again. "We had gone to the beach and you were swimming and a huge tidal wave appeared out of no where and swallowed you up." He lied. "Please let's not talk about that ever again. You are back now and that is all that matters."

The Fay pulled his wife into his arms and kissed her tenderly, trying to put her mind at ease and sidetrack her from the real truth. He made love to her all through the night, trying to make up for lost time. Hawk felt blessed to be given a second chance, and he was not going to mess up ever again.

When morning came, the sun blazed like an fireball in the blue sky, warming everything in its way. Nessa looked around the lagoon and sighed, truly it was a majestic sight, Hawk knew that she would love this place, and made a mental note to bring her here every year on this date, to remind them of how blessed they were.

"It's time to go back to the real world. Are you ready for that?" He asked her, holding his breath until she responded.

"Yes I am, I'm more than ready. I want to go home and see my baby girl!" She said, and her eyes grew misty.

"Your baby girl isn't a baby any more, she is a full grown woman and is about to fall in love with her soulmate." He told her, and pushed an auburn strand of hair away from her face.

"She will always be my baby girl Hawk!" She told him and wrapped her arms around his neck, "kiss me now before I die from need." And Hawk was only too happy to comply with her wishes

Late in the afternoon, Hawk told her that they will not return to the villa, but head back to Scotland. "Your mother will faint when she sees you!" Hawk told her.

"No Hawk, I need some time alone with you before we go back, please." She told him anxiously. "Can we stay a few more days?"

Hawk wasn't sure that that was a good idea, with Foster so close by, but he could not deny her anything. "Fine, but only one more day, we shall leave on the morrow, agreed?"

Nessa nodded in agreement, and Hawk kept Nessa close to him, not letting her wander away. He was alert, and scanned the area around them as they walked on the shoreline back to the villa. He would be glad when they left here, because he knew that Foster lurked in the shadows watching them for an opportunity to snatch his wife.

All day they swam, ate, and made love. Hawk could not be any happier than he was at this moment. After dinner, Hawk poured himself another shot of whiskey, one of many that he has had since their return to the villa, and the room started to spin.

"I think you should go lay down Hawk, you're drunk!" She told him, in a voice full of laughter.

"No I'm not!" Hawk said, and pulled his wife in his arms.

Nessa rolled her eyes, "Come on let's go to bed, I'm tired." She lied.

Hawk followed her to the bedroom, and as soon as his head hit the pillow he passed out. Nessa closed the lights and shut the door behind her as she made her way to the veranda. She looked up at the starry night and sighed. She was a lucky woman, she thought, for being loved by Hawk. He was a wonderful husband, and she couldn't ask for anything more. She was deeply in love with him, and she knew in her heart that he was in love with her too.

Early the next morning, Hawk stretched out his arms to pull his wife close to him, but found the bed next to him cold and empty. His eyes popped and he glanced around the room, but his wife was not there. Fear striked his heart and it started to pound feircely against his muscled chest.

Jumping out of bed, Hawk swung the door open and ran throughout the villa in search of his wife. Not finding her anywhere inside the villa, Hawk threw the door open and ran out on the sandy beach, in case his Nessa decided to go for a swim, but the beach was deserted.

Dropping to his knees, Hawk howled out loud, and beat his chest. His wife was gone!

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

In the previous chapter I made a few mistakes when Victoria called out hawk instead of Brad. I fixed those mistakes, thank you for pointing them out, but the last Hawk she called out was really her calling out hawk because she finally remembered her husband and his name.

I'm back to number five on the list, I don't know what happened, the other day I was no where on the list and today I'm back on it. Very strange.

I know this chapter was a poor one but I was babysitting my beautiful granddaughter all day long and I'm exhausted. She just left an hour ago and I'm going to sleep now, but I will make up for it on the next chapter. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks to all of you for all your votes and comments, your support means the world to me.

And let me tell you how much exactly it means. My new website is ready but I'm holding off as much as I can so you can all read my books for free!!! As long as I don't get hacked on wattpad I'm staying here!!! I just want to tell you all again how much I love you all and how grateful I am to each and every one of you!!! May GOD bless you all!!!! Xxoxoxxoxoxo