An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth

Foster watched Nessa with a keen eye. He wetted his lips with his tongue and scrathed his balls. The woman showed no fear, as she stood with her back to him staring out the window.

"How long do you intend to keep me here?" She asked in a firm and unwavering voice.

"As long as I need to, mayhap even longer." Foster said, watching her carefully.

"And why may I ask are you keeping me your prisoner?" She asked, whirling around and staring at him with a piercing gaze.

God, she is beautiful, the Fay thought, before he took a seat on a wooden chair that was carved with a flowery design that reminded Nessa of a tapestry she had once seen a long time ago displayed on the walls of Sterlingshire.

"Prisoner?" Foster asked, with a raised eye brow. "Your are not a prisoner, you are my guest."

Nessa squared her shoulders and with her head held up high, she walked in front of the Fay and said in a clipped tone of voice. "A guest doesn't sit in a room with iron barred windows!"

"That is for your protection, I wouldn't want you to fall to your death Nessa. In case you haven't noticed we are hundreds of feet above the ground." He told her, his voice was soft and well mannered.

"I want to go home, let me go Foster!" Frustrated that she been taken against her will, Nessa was trying to hold back her tears.

"You can't leave yet until your husband has learned a lesson!" He said with a hint of anger.

Nessa sighed and walked to the other side of the room seating herself in a chair by the fireplace. "What has he done that has made you a mad man!" She asked, not failing to notice that when he talked of her husband his golden eyes turned a darker shade of amber.

"The bastard slept with my wife, and I will make him pay for that!" Foster roared, his anger getting the best of him.

"And your wife allowed my husband to touch her? What kind of a woman would sleep with another when she is bound by marraige to her husband?" Nessa asked, already feeling a bit sorry for the Fay.

"Your husband seduced my wife no doubt, and destroyed my marriage!" Foster seethed.

"I'm a woman in love and I know that no man can ever seduce me to sleep with him as long as I am in love with my husband. I would rather die first than let another man touch me. Your wife must have fallen out of love for you." She said, already pitying him.

"Aye, I don't deny that that could be true, but he was supposed to have been my friend, and he back stabbed me just like he back stabbed you!" He said, and he lifted himself off the chair and walked to where she sat.

"Me? I have no idea what you speak of!" She said, holding her head up high. "My husband has been a very loyal husband to me!" She said firmly.

Foster threw his head back and roared with laughter. "He has you under his spell like the rest of them! Your husband doesn't know what the word loyal means!"

Nessa jumped off her seat and stood her ground. "You are wrong! Hawk loves me and stays true to me!" She said without hesitation, coming to her husbands defense.

"Your husband has slept with the Valkyrie queen, and drove you over the edge!" Finally realizing that she had no idea of what he was talking about, Foster waited for her reaction.

Nessa narrowed her eyes and whispered, "What?"

"He slept with the Valkyrie queen, and when he confessed it to you, you were devasted and threw yourself in the sea! Your memory has hidden this fact from you." He almost regretted telling her, she was a delecate flower and it wasn't her fault that she had married a ruthless bastard.