Victoria

The alarm clock buzzed loudly in Victorias ears, and her arm reached out and hit the snooze button. Six a.m. time to get up and start her day. Victoria pulled her sleepy self out of bed, and made her way to the bathroom. Turning on the cold water, she stepped into the shower and her eyes popped open as the cold water danced on her skin. It worked every time. She was now officially awake.

When she was done showering, she wiped her petite body with a towel, and then combed her long auburn hair. Sitting on the toilet seat, Victoria almost didn't hear the cell phone ringing over the noise the blow dryer was making, and she shut if off and grabbed the phone.

"Rise and shine beautiful." Her fiancé said on the other line.

Victoria smiled, "Morning." She said, wondering where he got his energy from every morning.

"Did you miss me?" He asked playfully.

"You know I did." She lied. In truth, she was glad he was on a bussiness trip, it gave her time alone to think.

"I'm done with work and I am ahead of schedule. Wanna come out here and we can visit a few tourist sights?" He asked her excitedly.

That was the last thing she wanted to do! "I can't leave work, and you know that! It's been very busy lately." There she goes lying to him again, she thought, feeling a tinge guilty.

"What have we talked about the last few months? Do you remember or am I wasting my time again?" He said flatly, clearly frustrated with her. "We need to find time to spend alone, just the two of us. Our wedding is in two months and we haven't had any time to talk and discuss our future!"

"I know, I'm sorry, I'll try and find time for us I promise." She lied again, and she heard him sigh on the other end.

"Tori, why are you doing this, you don't need to work, I'm very rich remember?" He told her. "I want to take care of you, I wanna give you the world honey." He said to her, and then lowered his voice to a husky whisper, "I love you, but I am getting impatient, I want you in my bed!"

Victoria closed her eyes, and took a deep breath of inhalation, here we go again, she thought with dismay. "Can we talk about this when you come back, I'm going to be late for work!" She told him.

"Fine, I'll call you later." He told her, and Victoria noticed the disappointment in his voice.

Victoria ended the call, and finished drying her hair. She was going to be late if she didn't hurry. She had an hour to get to work. Pulling her wavy hair back in a pony tail (note to my friend jane: notice how I remembered to write pony and not pointy, lol ) she wore her black, mid length skirt, her white silk blouse, and slipped into her black pumps, grabbed her black sweater, and Prada purse, and dashed for the door.

Stuck in the middle of traffic, Victoria thought about the conversation she had with her fiancé and guilt wrapped around her heart. She was not excited for him to return from his business trip, because he had been a bit pushy of late, wanting to get into her panties. She wanted to save her virginity until the wedding night. She had expressed her feelings from the first day she had met him two years ago, but he was growing tired of waiting.

Switching to a faster lane, Victoria hit the accelerator and sped off, not wanting to be late again for work. Her mind drifted back to Antonio, her handsome fiancé, and a smile curved her lips. She loved him deeply, but was that enough? She asked herself, her friends speak of this feeling of butterflies in their stomachs when they are with their boyfriends, but she has never felt that way with Antonio, was something wrong with her she wondered.

Getting off in the next exit, Victoria drove a few blocks down the street and pulled into the garage. Stepping out of her car, she gave the keys to the valet, and threw him a warm smile before she raced to the elevator and hit the button to the twentieth floor. Oh she was going to get a lecture from her boss, she just knew it!

When the door to the elevator opened, she stepped out and marched to her office, and found her boss, Mr. Martolini waiting for her, and he didn't seem too happy to see her.

"You're late again Victoria! Do I need to remind you that today is a very important day?" He said in a cold tone of voice. "Get to work immediately and you can kiss lunch goodbye! You need to make up for lost time!"

Victoria watched her short, bald, and chunky boss stomp out of her office and wondered for the hundredth time why she puts up with him. It's not like she can't find a job elsewhere. There were plenty of job offers on Craigs List, but she loved working at this law office doing her internship. Her boss was in court practically everyday, and she only had to put up with him, on Fridays.

Sitting herself in the chair, she got busy looking through all the files that were piled on top of her desk, until she found the one she needed. Placing all the other files away, she opened the one that she was looking for and studied its contents.

Many hours later, when everyone but the cleaning staff had left, Victoria was still in her office trying to finish her work. Her stomach was growling, having skipped breakfast and lunch, and she looked at her wrist watch and her heart sank. She was supposed to meet her future sister in law and a few of her friends for dinner at the bristo, but it was too late for that now.

The entire day she worked on the Banjo project, and didn't even notice what time it was. Lifting herself off her chair, she massaged her stiff neck, and closed her eyes. This has been a long day, she thought, and it's time to go home! Throwing on her sweater, and grabbing her purse, Victoria left her office, and hurriedly headed to the elevator. She did not notice the handsome guy who was mopping the floor as she passed him by, until she entered the elevator and hit the lobby button.

The man lifted his gaze and their eyes met and locked just as the elevator door closed, and Victoria felt for the first time in her life the butterflies her friends always talked about in her stomach. But by the time she reached the lobby, she had waved it off as hunger pangs, not wanting to admit that she would feel anything for a mere man who's job was to mop floors, not to mention the fact that she was happily engaged to another.

***********

Hawks heart hammered against his muscled chest, and he had to refrain himself from running after her. Overwhelmed with many feelings, Hawk threw his body against the marble wall and tried to calm himself. He never loved anyone or anything as much as he loved Nessa, and he was hurting like hell that she walked right past him and did not know who he was!

Tears welled up in his golden eyes, and he ran his trembling fingers through his thick mane of hair. He wanted her back, and he will stop at nothing until he gets her, she belongs to him!

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxxoxxoxo