Mesmerized

Stong winds rocked the boat, but that wasn't anything uncle John and his sons couldn't handle, they were used to this kind of weather. The problem was that the fish were scarce when the winds picked up and not many fish were caught in the net, and uncle John was angry as a hog. His sons knew not to push him to his limits when days like these came along, and they quietly followed their fathers instructions when he barked at them. Thomas felt like he was of no help at all, as he stood to the side and watchedJohn and his sons take care of business.

"Get the hell out of my way Petro!" His father yelled as the winds blasted against the boat, "you're good for nothing, useless!"

His other two younger sons knew better than to get in their fathers way, they knew how angry he could get on days when no money was made.

"let me give it a try!" Thomas said in a deep masculine voice.

Everyone turned to look at him as if he was mad.

"If we can't catch anything, what makes you think that you can!" John bellowed.

"I can't stand around doing nothing, I'm here to work! Step aside and let me do my work!" Thomas said, aggrevated that they wasted the entire day and caught no fish.

Uncle John looked at his sons and smirked, did this guy really think he could catch fish when they couldn't? The four of them stepped aside and watched Thomas grab the net, and throw it in the water. The net spread on the water before it sunk, and uncle John rolled his eyes and faced his sons.

Thomas didn't miss the way the four of them crossed their arms and waited for the net to be pulled back with no fish. Turning his back on them, Thomas muttered in a low tone of voice, "fish".

Immediately he felt the net weigh down into the water, and he gripped the net tightly with his calloused hands and hauled the net back onto the boat. the warrior moved with skill and strength and his muscles flexed with every move that he made.

Uncle John and his sons did not blink an eye, as they watched the Druid haul on the boat the fish net with hundreds of fish.

"Holy Mother of GOD!" John said as he rushed to help Thomas.

"Jesus Yianni, how did you get so lucky?" Petro asked as he motioned for his brothers to go around and grab the other end of the net.

***************

Sophia paid for her groceries at the local grocery shop and walked down the small hill that led to the platea, the village square was packed with men who returned from a day of fishing and the young maiden heard the men complain.

"Not one damn fish!" Barba Starvos was saying to the men who sat at his table.

"We wasted a day for nothing!" Said another at the table across from them.

"My wife was waiting for the fish to cook our dinner, how can I go home empty handed?" Said yet another,