Alexander's grief

Alexander curled his fingers into fists at his side's. Anyone who knew him, knew not to interrupt the Druid while he was trembling with madness. No one knew the turmoil and heartache that twisted in the Druids gut. No one understood the emptiness that surrounded his bleeding heart, nor did they feel the pain in his heart that killed all his hopes and dreams.

Nessa was the only one sitting at the moment, everyone else including Gabriel, stood around the room staring at the Laird, and waited for his anger to pass before they spoke. Hawk stood behind Lanie and placed his hands over her shoulders, as he waited in silence to hear Alexander's peace.

Hawk didn't blame the Druid, he knew that from the start things were tough for Alexander and

Lanie. The Fay would have probably felt the same way as him if all that transpired between Alexander and Lanie were to happen to him and Nessa.

Alexanders relationship with his wife did not stand a chance, unless everything was cleared out and they started over. Mayhap, Hawk thought, he could help the Druid bring clarity into his mind and heart, to ease his pain.

The MacCloud brothers had much respect for the Fay, his powerful presence in the room reminded them that all was not lost between their brother and the Druidess. Their father leaned against the stone wall and watched his son turn fifty shades of madness, and shook his head. He makes a fine Laird, but an awful husband, he thought with sadness, but he said not one word. This time Alexander had to learn for himself what he must do, and he had better do it quick before it was too late!

"Has word gotten to you of how Lanie became a slave?" Alexander asked, his jaw was tightly clenched and the words barely got out.

"By her own admission, she said that two goons kidnapped her, almost had their way with her, and sold her to Foster." Hawk answered.

The veins on Alexander's neck almost popped when his jaw tightened even more. "And are you telling me that the Fay didn't have his way with my wife either?"

Hawk held his composure, this was the moment he was dreading, could he pull it off and have everyone in this room believe that Foster did not touch Lanie? It sounded ridicules even to him that Foster would not touch Lanie in that way, how were they going to believe him?

"Foster is my friend, and although he is ruthless at times, he is an honorable Fay when it comes to women, he would never take any woman against her will, and knowing Lanie, she would never give in to another mans advances, I hope that answered your question." Hawk said, and for a split tiny second, relief crossed Alexander's face, but it was gone in a blink of an eye.

Hawk nearly drowned in his guilt, but stood firm and unwavering, but he did not miss Nessa's stiffness as his hands still relaxed on her shoulders. She knows, he thought, and when this is all over and they go back home, he was going to hear an ear load, he was sure of it.

Alexander watched the Fay and did not notice anything was wrong, in fact he believed that his wife was innocent. She was anything but a whore, and hadn't all the other times proven that Lanie was innocent of all charges against her?

Alexander's heart squeezed with love, he had missed his wife with everything in him. He just wanted her back in his arms. The Druid wanted to make the final connection with her so their love could be complete, and nothing and no one could ever separate them again. He withheld from showing any kind of emotions, it would be a sign of weakness, he is Laird and should act accordingly, he thought, as excitement burned deep in his heart knowing that his wife would soon return to him.

Alexander's father heart sang with joy, if anyone knew his son, it was him! He didn't miss the relief that quickly crossed his sons face when Lanie was cleared of infidelity, and he could read his son's joy that was etched on his face, the fine lines softened and his eyes sparkled with love. Only a fool would not recognize that for soulmate adoration!

The ex Laird of Balmoral castle sighed with relief before he left the library and everyone in it, and searched for his own soulmate. He wanted to be the one to tell her that their first born son was human after all!

*********

Glad that their mother was found, and his father finally realized her innocence, Gabriel climbed the stairs two at a time and sneaked into Davina's chamber's. She was waiting for him, dressed in a flimsy, sexy, sheer, gown that revealed her every curve and drove Gabriel wild with want. He jumped onto bed and ravished her, until they were both trembling with waves of sexuall desire.

"You took too long to come to me, I had to satisfy myself because I could not wait for you anymore!" She complained, as she made herself comfortable in his embrace.

Gabriel's shaft almost exploded once again at the mention of her playing with herself. That was one thing he wished he was present for. "Next time you decide to pleasure yourself wench, wait for me, I want to be here for that!" He told her hoarsely, and grabbed one of her breast, and squeezed it softly in his thick calloused hand.

Davina closed her eyes, and enjoyed the moment. "Where were you?"

"I was in a meeting, we found my mother!" He said excitedly. And he did not notice that Davina stiffened, nor did he feel the beating of her heart as anger claimed her. Had Gabriel looked down at her, he would have noticed that her eyes dilated and turned deep pools of blackness.

It wasn't until Gabriel slipped quietly out of her room, and she was left all alone, that she held the pillow to her face and screamed out loud, releasing her anger until,she was blue in her face.

**********

Foster watched Lanie eat her breakfast quietly, and wondered if letting her go back to Alexander was the right decision. From what he has heard of the Laird, he was egotistic, selfish, and rough around the edges. The delicate flower that sat in front of him deserved loving, and Foster wasn't sure that the Druid will be able to give her that.

Lanie ate with an appetite, her nervousness made her hungry. She wondered if her husband would come to collect him today, and was afraid that he might punish her again. Even though Foster promised her that her husband would not torture her, she knew Alexander better than anyone, he will make her pay for everything, even though it wasn't her fault.

"Do not fear Lanie, I will have one ear always on you, and if Alexander steps out of line, I will come to the rescue!" He told her, and meant every word.

Lanie was about to respond, but the commotion in the grand hall grabbed her attention. Foster lifted himself to his feet and walked around the table to where the Druidess sat. He extended his hand and Lanie placed her small one in his, and the Fay pulled her with him to the grand hall.

Right before they turned the corner, Lanie pulled her hand away from the Fay, and walked first to where her husband waited, along with Hawk, his son, and all his brothers.

Alexander's heart pounded wildly against his muscled chest when he saw Lanie. His emotions were all over the place, even though he tried to tame his feelings, not wanting anyone to know the pain that had speared in his heart when his wife stood before him, he was not able to hide his feelings anymore.

"Lanie." His eyes shined bright with tears, and his voice cracked when her name fell from his lips.

"Alexander." She said, softly, and she tried to stop her knees from buckling.

Alexander wanted to grab her from the waist, and pull her into his strong and possesive arms, but withheld himself from doing so. He wanted to wait until they were back home to claim her.

"I am here to take you back home Lanie." He said, his voice sounded deep amd masculine, and it was full of emotion.

"I am ready Alexander." She said, and she stepped forward.

Thank you for your votes and comments, xoxoxxoxoxxo