Stephan and Amira.

Stephan barely heard a word anyone spoke around him at the dinner table. His concentration was solely on Amira, who was sitting at the opposite side of him at the table. Her olive shaped eyes bashfuly looked at him before they dropped to the plate before her. He watched her shove her meal around on her plate with her fork, she didn't seem to have much of an appetite.

The warrior wonderered what was on her mind. There was a desperate need inside his heart to pull her in his arms. She was his soulmate, and every single part of him begged to touch her. Was she feeling the same, he wondered, was she feeling the soulmate pull as he was? When she lifted her eyes once again to meet his, his heart slammed against his muscled chest, God she was beautiful, he thought breathlessly.

"Where did you guys hide the treasure?" Violet asked, directing her question to Stephan.

Stephan was so lost in Amira's beauty that he didn't realize that Violet was asking him a question.

"Stephan, can I have your attentions for a moment, you will have Amira all night long to stare at, but now you need to remember that we are all sitting at the table with you." Violet teased, and roars of laughter was heard around the table.

Amira quickly looked down at her food, she knew her cheeks were beet red again. Stealing a quick glance at Stephan, she caught him scowling at Violet, before she dropped her gaze back to her plate. Was Stephan going to visit her chambers tonight, she wondered, as heat coiled inside her stomach. Her heart raced at the thought of that and she had no doubt that her faced was flushed once again!

The warrior drew his brows together, "What are you talking about?" He asked in a gruff voice, not appreciating being made to look like an arse in front of his Amira, by his niece of all people.

"Did you bring back the treasure?" Violet asked again, but Stephan gave her a blank stare, "the pyramid for crying out loud!"

"What pyramid, I wasn't aware of anything about any pyramid!" Stephan said, and looked around the table at all the dropped jaws.

Michael stood from his chair and slammed his fists on the table, "Fool! Are you telling us that you did not bring back the pyramid?" He growled angrily.

Stephan pulled his chair back abruptly and it fell to the floor, as he lifted himself to his feet, "I have no idea of what you speak of father! I've never heard anything about a any treasure!" He yelled back in self defense.

William quickly jumped to his feet, and tried to defuse the situation that was getting completely out of hand. "Stop!" He said, holding his hand up in the air, "we don't need to be argueing and fighting, we need to focus and find a solution!"

William gave them all a warning glare, he'd be damned if he would allow them to fight in front of Lidia, he thought, they knew how he felt about anyone upsetting his wife. Michael and Stephan heeded the warning and sat back down in their chairs.

William took his seat and said in a lower tone of voice, "Let me do all the talking," he looked over at his grandson, "do you know anything about the treasure?"

Stephan shook his head.

"Julia was given a pyramid, this treasure is the key that opens the universal room where the blue prints are held. We need to get in there so we can read them and find out what the future holds. There is much information in that room, but we need the treasure to get in. Julia was suppose to have it with her. Do you have any idea where it might be?" William asked.

"Nay, I know nothing of it! We just grabbed the girls and ran, mayhap Hawk has it." Stephan said.

"Hawk? Was he there too?" William asked anxiously.

"Yes, he was there first, and he helped us get the women out."

Everyone tried to speak at the same time, but William raised his hands again up in the air, "Calm down, one at a time please." He said, and then he set his eyes on his grandson. "No one mentioned that Hawk was there, what was going on right before you left him?"

"He was fighting the beast, so we could escape with the girls!" Stephan said, and the MacAlister brothers looked at each other.

"So then we don't know if he is safe or not. We must go back and make sure he is safe!" Michael's brother, Daniel, said.

"Aye, tis would be the honorable thing to do!" Michael agreed

"I thought Fay's are immortal and strong! Why would he need our help?" Tristan, Michael's youngest brother said.

William sighed, "Hawk is stronger than all of us put together, but there is strong magic out there that can cripple his strength if he is caught in it. Hawk would have sent word to us if he was fine, but I fear something is wrong!"

Daniel, Silas, and Tristan all volunteered to go to America and find Hawk. When William gave them his approval, they immediately disappeared.

"We are using too much magic! All this zapping back and fourth is thinning the walls faster. After they return with Hawk, there will be no more zapping!" William insisted.

As the evening wore on, Stephan could not take his eyes off Amira. He could not wait to be excused so he could take her to his bedchamber and hold her in his arms. He wish he knew what she was thinking. He had a million and one questions to ask her, he wanted to know every single thing about her.

After the pastries were served and the dining room was half empty, Stephan rose from his seat and walked around to where Amira sat. "Are you ready to retire?" He asked, his voice was deep and hoarse. "I will walk you to your chambers."

Amira looked up at him, and slowly lifted herself off her chair. This is it, she thought, and her heart beat faster than normal. What would she say to him once they are alone, she thought anxiously, as they walked away from the table and headed for the stairway. When they reached the chambers she was to sleep in, Stephan opened the door and escorted her inside.

"My rooms are across from yours, should you need me during the night." He told her, "don't hesitate to call me no matter what time it is!"

"Thank you," Amira said lowering her eyes to her feet.

Stephan placed his finger underneath her chin, and gently tipped her head back. Amira's eyes were dark pools of oasis, and Stephan groaned without realizing it. Leaning forward, his lips brushed against hers, and his arms wrapped around her waist drawing her closer to him.

Amira closed her eyes, and melted against him. She wanted him to stay the night with her, but dared not tell him that.

Stephan pulled away from her, and took a step back. If he stayed another minute in this room, he will go crazy, he thought, "Goodnight Amira." He told her in a husky tone of voice, and walked away.

When the Druid reached the door, he turned around and threw her a smile to die for, and then exited her room. Amira heart sank, she so hoped that he would have stayed with her, but he didn't. Mayhap, she thought, he was going to seek another's bed tonight. He was in a hurry to leave her. A tear rolled down her lovely face, as Amira undressed and crawled under the ivory sheets. It would be a long night for her, she thought, for sleep had evaded her tonight.

Stephan tossed and turned all night, he too could not sleep. Images of the princess invaded his thoughts until he ached to touch her. He jumped out of his bed and paced around the room, trying to find a way to release his tension. Bracing his hands against the wall, Stephan closed his eyes and took a deep inhalation of breath. He did not hear the door open and close behind him, nor did he hear Amira's bare feet as she walked up to him from behind.

She placed her small palm on his back and Stephan stiffened. Turning around slowly, he came face to face with her. Overwhelmed with emotion, he swept her up in his arms and took her to his bed.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxxoxoxxoxo