The betrayal

Liandras heart beat wildly against her chest. Where were they? Could it be true? Do things like this really exist? How can this be possible? She asked herself a thousand questions.

Blown away from the reality of the situation, Liandra looked around her with bewilderment. Her warrior wasn't senile after all, maybe it was she that was senile, not him! She thought, as her eyes traveled across a field of plush, green grass and wild flowers.

So lost in her thoughts she was that she didn't even feel the cold wind blast around her. Bruce wrapped his strong arms around her possesively and drew her close to him.

"We must go inside before you catch your death cold!" He told her, his voice was almost lost in the strong winds that howled around them.

Liandra threw him a questioning glare, "And once we step inside the castle, am I still to be given away to your brothers?"

Bruce took a deep inhalation of breath, "Yes." He told her, and watched the tears spill down her cheeks.

"Please, don't make this harder than it already is. I would move Heaven and earth if it were possible just to hold on to you, but it can not be done! My destiny is not with you Liandra, I am bound by ancient laws, and must do what is expected of me!" He told her hoarsely, and then he dropped his lips to hers and he kissed her brutally, knowing that this may be the last time his lips touched hers.

Liandra pulled her lips away from his, "I'm afraid Bruce, I know in my heart that I can never love another, how will I accept the arms of another man when I love only you?"

"In time you will learn to love another." he told her, and almost choked on his brutal words.

"No! I will never love another!" She cried and pulled herself out of his embrace and ran as far away from as she could.

"Stad!" Bruce called out, as he ran after her, but she kept running as fast as her feet could take her the opposite direction from Kenningsworth.

Bruce caught up with her within seconds and he grabbed her from around the waist and threw her over his shoulders.

"Put me down!" Liandra cried. Curling her small hands into fists, she beat the Druid on his muscled back.

Bruce was overwhelmed with emotions as he marched towards a log cabin that was almost a mile from Kenningsworth. He was angry with himself for allowing his emotions to get in the way of what he must do, but he had no choice at this moment. He had to talk to her in private before he took her inside Kenningsworth. He had to tame her before his family met her or else she would be punished by them for misbehaving, and the guilt he would feel if that were to happen would be neverending!

Kicking the door open to the log cabin with his big foot, Bruce entered and walked to the bed in the corner and dumped Liandra on it. He then went back and slammed the door shut, before he turned and faced her angrily.

Marching back to the bed, he placed his hands on his hips and stared down at Liandra angrily. She inched away from the edge of the bed to get as far away from him as possible.