Dare to hope

It wasn't a surprise to Thomas that Ceara changed her mind. He expected it from her, she was after all a fairy and fairies are tricksters, but he so hoped that she would help him. 

In two strides he was next to her, grabbing her by the arm, he whirled her around. "I did as you asked, now you must do as I ask!" He said in a firm and unwavering voice. 

Tears streamed down her porcelain face, "You are the only one that I have ever loved Thomas, and to expect me to marry you to her is insane! What have I ever done to deserve this! She doesn't love you the way I do!"

"When we get married and we consummate the marriage, we will fully connect as soul mates and the love we have for each other will intensify by a hundred million times more, you know this, why would you even bring this up?

"These are the last tears that I will shed for you warrior," Ceara said, as she dried her tears with the back of her hand. "The king is due back today and he shall perform the ceremony, and after that I will send you home!"

Thomas's eyes softened, and he pulled her back into his strong arms. "Don't ever cry for me Artis." He used her real name, with emotion, "you know I would have married you were you not married already to the king! I fancied myself in love with you from the start, but it was fate that tore us apart and we headed in different directions!"

Ceara gracefully pulled away, and squared her shoulders. Lifting her chin, the fairy, walked away from him, and harden her heart. "I forbid you to talk about us ever again, and I too will honor this. I am queen of Fay, and am proud!" She said. "We will have the handfasting ceremony tonight and in the morning I shall send the both of you home." 

Thomas followed her downstairs and when they entered the living room, Sophia raised her head and their eyes met and locked. The Druid noticed the disappointment in her eyes, and his heart stopped beating. She knows! He thought, and his heart sank. This is no way to start a life with ones soulmate, he would have to explain himself to her after the wedding ceremony. The warrior wanted to start his new life with his wife with a clean slate.

"My heart, we took longer than we thought, I apologize." He told her and sat down next to her. Taking her hand, he brought it to his lips and kissed it. 

"I will go check on the Kings arrival, please excuse me." The Queen said, and although she sounded pleasant enough, Thomas knew her better than anyone, she was furious!

Focusing his attentions on his soul mate, Thomas asked, "did you miss me?"

"Aye, I missed you." She said, not bothering to hide her disappointment.

"Aye?" Thomas asked, thrilled that she had used that word. Would it be too much to hope for that she was remembering her old life with him?

Ignoring his question, Sophia came straight to the point. "Is there something you need to tell me?"

"Yes there is, after the ceremony, we need to talk, there are a few things I need to tell you." 

"Tell me now." She said with a sinking heart. She wasn't stupid,  she knew it would be a confession of some kind. She saw the look in the fairies eyes, the woman loved Thomas of that she was sure of, but Sophia wasn't bothered by that. She didn't care about the queen's feelings, she wanted to know what's Thomas felt about the queen, did he have feelings for her too? 

"I think it would be best if we save that for later, we will have plenty of time after we are married to sit down and have a heart to heart talk." He told her, wanting to make her his wife before she found out The truth. He was scared that she might not want to marry him if she found out before the ceremony. the Druid decided to tell her everything after she was his wife, the chances of her leaving him would be slim to none if they connect first.

************

"Master, do you think she will leave him after she finds out the truth?" The student asked. 

"She would every right to leave, don't you think?" The Master responded.

"Yes, but will she?" The student asked, as his curiosity got the best of him.

"Remember what we practiced, patience is very important and you need to work on that. You can not graduate to the next level until you have learned to control your curiousity. You must discipline yourself until you reach perfection if you want to walk besides the Masters." The Master told the student. 

The student sighed and dropped his head to his chest. He walked away and joined the other students eager to find out what their opinion is of what the Druid has done. The Master watched him leave and shook his head. He wondered what the student would think if he knew the truth, that Sophia was goung to leave Thomas when he spilled his guts to her.

***********

Seth held his wife's hand while she screamed her lungs out. She was in labor, and the babe was making it difficult for her mother. 

"Come on my heart, push!" Seth told her, wiping his wife's sweaty forehead.

"Step aside!" Dora yelled, "let me handle this, go get yourself some dinner, and leave your wife to me! I have delivered hundreds of babe's and know what to do!"

"I'm not leaving my wife's side, Dora, quit telling me to do so!"

Dora sighed, Seth was pigheaded, she thought as she gave up trying to get rid him. The warrior was in love with his wife and wild horses couldn't pull him away from her. Getting back to her duty, she flinched when the Kristina let out a another loud scream that pierced through the walls of Sterlingshire. 

Kristina vivid blue eyes were misty with tears, the pain that ripped through her body was torturous. Her husband the mighty warrior looked scared and felt helpless. Not able to help his wife, he begged the heavens to release her of her misery.

Raphael watched quietly the scene below. He has waited many centuries for this moment. The archangel was given the chore of being guardian angel to Alexandra, Kristina's babe. He is to watch her throughout her entire life and make sure that she remains safe. The archangel was looking forward to becoming the guardian angel to the child that will one day be "the defender of mankind."

Thank you for your votes and comments. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️