Unchain my heart, and set me free

For an entire week Alexander stayed by Lanie's bedside and nursed her back to health. The healer gave Alexander the medicine to heal Lanie's wounds, and the Druid spread the ointment on her back that was marked with cuts, twice a day.

The healing medicine helped ease the pain, and for the first time in a week, Lanie was able to lay on her back, but she did not want her husband to tend to her wounds, she wanted him to leave her alone, but was too weak to tell him off.

Alexander stared down at her, tears were evident in his eyes, but Lanie could have cared less! He was a beast and she hated his guts! She was going to make him pay for everything he has done to her, she will not rest until he grovels on the ground like a snake and begs for forgiveness!

"Gabriel?" She asked weakly.

"Our son is safe, worry not for him." Alexander answered.

The warrior was not a fool, he saw the glint of anger in his wife's eyes, and he knew that she would make him pay for eveything he has put her through, but he was willing to go through it all, just so he could prove his undying love to her.

Their son, who had captured the hearts of every single MacCloud was outside with his brothers and watched them train. Alexander knew that one day Gabriel will be a leader and a legend in his own time. The boy was super smart, super strong and loved his mother dearly. He was everything Alexander was, and more.

He hadn't the time to bond with the boy because he tended to his wife night and day since the that Godforsaken day, but when Lanie recovers fully, he thought, he will spend time with his son and hopefully they could bond.

"Are you hungry, Cook has made you chicken broth, and freshly baked bread." Alexander told Lanie, hoping she would eat something. "You have not eaten in a week, and the Healer said that you must eat to build up your immune system."

"I'm not hungry, go way, and leave me alone!" She told him, and her husband winced, her choice of words were brutal.

The Druid swallowed and looked away. He knew she had every right to be mad at him. He is getting exactly what he deserved, but a man can still wish for a miracle can't he?

"If you eat your food Lanie you will get stronger, and you will be able to see our son sooner." Alexander said, hoping that will get her to eat so ething.

"Our son? He is my son! You gave up your rights to him the moment you denied him and lashed the whip on my back!" She hissed, and he deserved that dreadful comment too.

"I can see why you are angry with me, but I am remorseful Lanie. I know I have done you wrong and I want to make it up to you, even if it takes the rest of my life." He said hoarsely. "Please don't deny me this Lanie, I am a changed man, and I will prove it to you!"

"I don't want you to prove a thing to me! When I get better, I'm leaving you, and you can hunt me down and bring me back, but I promise you that I will leave again, and if you catch me and bring me back and punish me again, it doesn't matter to me, I will still leave again, because I'd rather die than be with you!" She lied, just to piss him off.

Alexander was stunned, her words were very powerful, and cut deep in his heart. She would rather die than live with him? He had some major arse kissing to do, and hopefully he could convince her to rethink her words, because she was his wife and he will not ever allow her to ever leave him!

He took a deep breath of inhalation, before he lifted himself to his feet and walked out of the room with a sinking heart. She was being very difficult and he deserved every bit of it, he knew this, but in the end, they were stuck together through thick and thin! She was his soulmate, and wife, and even if they wanted too, they could not separate. He knew that she was talking out of anger now, but soon, he thought, she will be melting in his arms, he was going to make sure of that even if it's the last thing that he ever did.

He walked out of Balmoral castle, needing to breath some fresh air, and also to be near his son. Soon he will be an adult and he needed to bond with his child before that.

**************

Katarina took a step backwards and her body crashed against the iron bars, "You have nothing to fear Katarina, as you said, I will never hurt you."

"I fear you already have!" She muttered under her breath before she opened the iron door and ran as fast as her feet could take her up the stairs.

Neil heard her slam the dungeon door and he winced. What happened, why did she run away from him? He dropped to the floor and ate his food. He will need his strength so he could steal her away from here and take her to his home, he thought as a huge smile curved his lips. Sweet Katarina, you can run, but you won't get away from me, we are soulmate's and the universe will find a way for us to be together some how.

**********

Katarina ran all the way to her chambers and once she was inside, she locked the door and fell against it. Was Neil her soulmate? Could she be this lucky? The handsome, gentle warrior was everything she ever dreamed of. He was gorgeous, sexy, and kind, and the way he looked at her melted her heart.

She must go and have a talk with Lanie, she knows him best, but can she trust her? What if deep in Lanie's heart she feels love for him, then what? She turned around and opened the door, walking out into the hallway, she walked over to Alexander's chambers and opened the door slowly.

Lanie's eyes fell on her the moment she walked inside. "Hello."

"Hello Lanie, may I come in?" Katarina asked.

"Of course, please do so." Lanie said, throwing Katarina a weak smile.

Katarina pulled a chair next to the bed and sat herself down. "We are sisters now and I wanted to tell you how excited I am that you are back. I'm sorry about the punishment. I'm sure Alexander has regretted it immensely. My mother said that you should make him beg on his hands and knees before you forgive him! Mayhap he will learn a lesson on how to treat a wife!" Katarina said, hoping to bring a smile on Lanie's face.

"I will not be here for long Katarina to teach your brother a lesson, I don't plan on staying for long. I can never forgive your brother for what he has done to me, and I will leave as soon as Neil's trial is over and go back to Huntington castle with him!"

"Lanie, my brother will never allow for you to leave him. You are his wife and soulmate, and can never be separated!" Katarina told her.

"Oh I can and I will leave!" Lanie said in a firm and unwavering voice. "Alexander can't make me stay against my will!"

"I'm afraid he can and he will." Katarina said, "you don't know my brother very well, he will never allow his wife to leave him, and especially to go and live with the man that he once assummed was your lover."

"He's not my lover, nor was he ever. He has always been a complete gentleman to me. We are friends and nothing more!" Lanie said, and she could have sworn she saw relief on Katerina's face.

***************

Davina wiped her tears and cursed out loud, as she looked out of her window into the courtyard. She watched as Alexander walked over to his brat and gave him a huge hug. The brat was a thorn in Davina's arse, and she shook violently with anger.

Grabbing her cloak, she wrapped it around her, snuck out of her chambers, and hurried along down the corridor. She was going to sneak out the back door and go visit the old hag in the village. The old hag knew of a thug who kidnapped young woman and children and sold them to slavery. Once mother and child are gone, she can move in Alexander's chambers and comfort him, she thought as a smile curved on her evil face.

Thank you for you your votes and comments.