Seth

After five weeks of darkness, the sun finally came out and it's brilliant colors of orange and yellow splashed across the earth lighting everything in its way. Flowers bloomed and green blades of grass carpeted the land. Michael closed his eyes and inhaled the smell of spring. Taking a deep breath of inhalation, he let go of all his troubles and freed himself from the prison he was trapped in for five weeks. A prison of grief and pain. This was a new day full of promises and he was going to enjoy it for once.

"Come back brat!" Violet called out from down below, as she ran after her little cousin in the courtyard.

Seth giggled and ran even faster, until Violet decided that the game was over. Placing her hands on her hips, she called out a warning, one that the brat knew would follow with a beating if he didn't stop running away from her. "If I count to three and you are not right here by my side, I will catch you and whip you with the paddle!" She said in a dangerous tone of voice.

Seth quickly returned to Violet, and wiped the smile off his face. He looked around to see if Dora was in the courtyard, she was much nicer than Violet, but the witch wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to run away like that?" Violet said through gritted teeth, and she took a step forward, bent down and grabbed his ear.

Seth closed his eyes as she twisted his ear painfully. He had to quickly come up with an apology before she rips his ear off his head, he thought. "I'm sorry Violet. I won't ever misbehave again, I promise." He lied, and pushed out his lower bottom lip.

Michael leaned his head out of the window to see what will happen next. He tried his damnest to not laugh out loud, as he waited to see what the brat would do next to piss Violet off. From the day he was born, Violet was his charge, and she did everything she could to discipline him into a well behaved kid, but he was too strong, too powerful, and too smart, and always got himself into mischief, which made Violet crazy with madness. The kid was smart like a genius, strong as an ox, and showed promise of super magic beyond anything they had ever seen before, but he was spoiled rotten and Violet made it her mission to correct that.

Violet pulled her hand away from his ear and drew her eyebrows together. Her heart almost melted when he looked up at her like that, but she'd seen that look before, he did it right before he was getting ready to outfox her again.

"Don't you dare....!" She said through gritted teeth.

But Seth was already running through the courtyard again as he laughed his little head off, and Michael almost died laughing from above. Violet looked up at Michael and through him an evil look, and he pulled his head back inside his room. Then the Druidess thought she heard the guards laughing at her, but when she turned to look at them, they looked straight ahead, somber and suspiciously quiet.

Violet turned her head to see what they were looking at just in time to see the brat standing on the stone wall by the iron gates and when Edward rode his horse through the entrance way, Seth jumped on his father's back, and the both of them roared with laughter, as Edward pulled his Arabian stallion to a halt. Violets heart almost leapt from her chest.

Michael slowly crept his head back out the window to see what would happen next, just as Violet marched up to them and gave them both a scolding to last a life time. The brat stuck his tongue out at Violet and wrapped his arms around his father.

"Uncle, if you don't do something about the brats behavior, you will be sorry later, because it's only going to get worse!" Violet said before she turned around and marched back to the castle.

Edward had not the heart to yell at Seth. His boy was his pride and joy, and he loved him more than life itself. Jumping off the stallion, he watched as Seth lifted himself to his feet and fearlessly threw his little body in the air slamming himself against his fathers muscled chest.