Mind reading

"You are to remain in the palace until Amira's fever goes away. I will have the servants prepare a room for you across the hall." The Sultans wife said to the doctor. "We will leave you now warrior, there is nothing more that we can do for her on this night. We shall be back in the morning."

The Druid paid no attention to her, his thoughts were troubled, and his heart bled. He wanted desperately to heal Amira and take away her pain, he was seriously thinking of using his magic, until a thought occurred to him. Aphrodite had powers to heal her and it would not bring down the walls if she used her magic!

He watched as everyone left the room quietly and closed the door behind them. Immediately the warrior spoke to the goddess.

"I know you're watching, help her Aphrodite, save her from death!" He begged.

The goddess smiled, the warrior was a clever man. Yes she can save Amira, and she will, but she wanted the warrior to suffer first. It will be a good lesson learned, she thought, as she ignored his pleas and continued to watch him closely.

The warrior took off his kilt, climbed on the bed and wrapped his body around Amira's shivering one. Even in her sickness she was beautiful he thought. Her body was burning up and he wanted to die along side her. Stephan knew that there was no life for him if Amira were ever to die, and at that moment a thought occurred to him. She will die one day, if not from the fever, then from something else, she was not immortal like him, she was human!

That thought devastated him, why hadn't he thought of this before today? What was he thinking falling in love with a mere human? How was he suppose to live without her once she is gone? If the flame of her soul dies out, she will cease to exist!

Mind blowing pain ceased his heart and he gritted his teeth in anger. He was tricked! He now realized that that was the whole point of his love story! He was to fall in love with her only to gain his super powers, and then she will be taken from him, so she won't be a distraction in his life! How dare they play with his feelings!

They did not care about them, they just used him and Amira to get what they want! Well he was going to show them that they can not get away with their treacherous ways! To hell with their orders to not do any magic! Why would his magic bring down the walls and not Aphrodite's magic? When the realization of the truth came to his mind, he wanted to throttle the goddess!

Of course they would tell him that his magic was deadly if he used it, because they did not want him to use his powers to save her. They wanted her dead! But then how would she open the door to the universal blue print room if she were dead? Mayhap they were going to save her now and kill her after she opened the doors to the universal room!

The warrior paced the room angrily, they would dare take her from him? He will find a way to outsmart them, he thought, when the time came for her to die, right now was not the time, they still needed for her to stay alive, at least until the day of the opening of the blue print room.

"Save her Aphrodite, and do it quickly, because I swear I will heal her myself come morning if you do not!" He threatened, and jumped back into bed.

Aphrodite sighed, he was on to them, she must speak with her father and tell him of Stephan's thoughts! In the meantime, she will heal the girl, because the goddess knew that Stephan is not bluffing. Closing her eyes, the goddess whispers a prayer and removes the fever, and Amira's body healed instantaneously.

But Stephan wasn't going to be too happy when the princess wakes up and rebukes him. Oh she will torture him she will, and Stephan will have to learn the hard way what it means to be in love.

Stephan had fallen asleep from exhaustion sometime during the night, when he next opened his eyes, the sun shined brightly into the room. He pressed a kiss onto Amira's forehead and noticed that the fever had broken. The warrior inhaled with relief and pulled Amira's body tightly in his arms. He held her for a while, loving the feel of her body against his. He took advantage of the moments he had with her, not knowing how she would react once she was awake and alert.

An hour later she was still unconscious when the Druid jumped out of bed to fetch the doctor. The doctor hurried into Amira's room and stood by the side of the bed. He felt her pulse and checked a few other things, and then he turned to look at the warrior.

"The fever is gone, and her pulse is steady. She definitely is a strong woman, but she needs a lot of rest and someone to look after her until she has fully recovered." The doctor said, as he felt her pulse once again.

"I will not leave her, she is my betrothed and my whole life!" Stephan assured the doctor, "I shall see to her every need."

"Good! I will take my leave now, and come back later in the day. Should you need me before that, you know where to find me." He said, and nodded his head before he exited the room.

Amira slept the whole entire day and the next day as well, but on the third day, she fluttered her eye lashes and opened her eyes wide. "Where am I?" She asked weakly, looking around the room confused.

The Druid watched her carefully, not sure how she would react once her memory came back. He pulled himself off the bed, and took a deep inhalation of breath, before he smiled down at her. "You are back home, Amira." He said gently, as he braced himself for her outburst.

Amira's memory quickly restored itself and she narrowed her eyes and looked at the warrior. "And why are you here? Get out!" She yelled, "I don't ever want to see you again!"

"I will not leave Amira, I am here to stay! You are my betrothed and as soon as you are feeling better, we shall wed!" He told her, but he noticed that her eyes grew cold and distant.

"I would not marry you if you were the last man on earth!" She spit out, ignoring her splitting headache and the pain in her back as she pushed herself further away from him. "Leave this room Stephan and don't ever come back!"

All the color drained from the warriors face, he didn't expect her to be this ruthless. Her voice sounded cold and final. Did she really want him to leave?

"I am not going anywhere, I belong here next to you, Amira. I'm going to go bring you something to eat, and then we can talk, there is much I must tell you." He said, and turned to reach for the door.

"I'm not hungry, and I do not want to talk. Me and you are done, do not come back here Stephan!" She said coldly, as if her mind was made up.

Stephan ignored her and opened the door, "I be right back." He said as he stepped out of the room.

Bastard!

Stephan's eyes brows narrowed and he stuck his head back into the room, "Excuse me?" He asked, flabbergasted that she cursed at him.

"What? I didn't say anything!" She snapped.

She had called him bastard, but in all reality he didn't hear her say it, he must have read her mind! He was receiving his powers, he thought, as a smile curved at the corner of his lips. He will now know what lay in her heart.