The Crown Jewels

Thomas grabbed her arm and turned her around, "Do not ever leave your house at night unchaperoned or I will have to notify your uncle!" Thomas told her, not liking that he had to threaten her, but was concerned about her safety.

"You just met me today, we weren't even introduced, and you think you can tell me what to do?" she snarled, sick and tired of people telling her what to do.

Thomas stared at her with disbelief, this one is a wild one, he thought, and something inside him stirred. She looked at him angrily, and all he could think to do was run his free hand softly across her cheek.

Alarm gripped Sophia, he was just like all the rest! Kuria Eleni had warned her about men like him! Thoughts of Panteli and Sotiri, came to her mind. How could she forget the dreadful night when she was making her way home and they jumped on her and started grabbing her private parts. They knocked her to the ground and she started to scream, and then the entire neighborhood had come out to the streets shaking their heads.

"Poutana! Go back to where you came from!" Yelled Pantelis mother angrily, as she collected her son and marched away.

They blamed her for the incident, it was one of many times that she was put in a position against her will, and each time she was accused of wanton behavior! You wanted it just as much as we did! She was told.

Not wanting a repeat, and not trusting this man who she didn't even know, Sophia pulled herself out of Thomas's grip and stared him square in the face. "You are just like all the rest! Stay away from me, or I swear you shall pay!" She hissed.

Everything around Thomas went still. Flames sparked inside him and burned a path to his heart, as he stared at her as if he was in another place, another time. His heart beat rapidly against his chest, as everything before him changed.

He was in a dark forest holding on to a golden beauty. He felt the love radiating from all around him, and he tried to catch his breath. It was powerful. She looked up angrily at him and said to him the exact words, "you are just like all the rest, stay away from me or I swear you shall pay!"

Time stood still all around the Druid. He tried to comprehend what was happening, but could not.

"Hey asswhole, let go me!" Sophia said again in a hoarse whispered tone of voice. Yanking her arm free of him, she turned around and ran away.

Thomas snapped out of his trance just as she disappeared into the night, he quickly followed after her to make sure she made it home safely. The warrior narrowed his eyes as he watched Sophia climb in her room through the open window.

Had he had too much wine to drink, he thought, as he walked away and headed towards the caves. Who was she, who was he, and why did everything inside him come to life when he touched her? What was the vision he had seen before him? It felt like dayja vu.

***********

The enlightened beings watched as Thomas stripped his clothing off his body and dipped into the cool water for a swim.

"How much longer Master?" Asked one of the students.

"That's up to Sophia to decide, but I'm guessing it won't be too long." The Master answered.

"I thought you had access to their blue prints, shouldn't the answer be there?" Another student asked.

The Master sighed, his students asked too many questions, and understood nothing.

In a loving and soft tone of voice, the Master answered their question. "I don't need to read their blue prints to know what they will do, I already know everything about everyone, but I am trying to teach you patience by not revealing to you what will happen. Remember our last lesson about patience? Only fools rush to find the truth, a wise soul waits patiently until everything unfolds before his very eyes, only then does he learn to be patient and appreciate life's gifts."

"But Master, they need to hurry and go to New York, you know what will happen on New Year's Eve when the ball drops!" One of the wisest students in the class said.

"You're way ahead of yourself wise one, you must be patient and have faith. Thomas and his brothers will get there on time to stop the trigger of the chain reaction that will end all life on earth." The Master said calmly.

"The end of the world?" Another student asked.

"What does the dropping of the ball have to do with the end of the world?" Asked another.

The Master knew that he had to explain to his students, they were too fired up for them to understand patience. The lesson will have to be on hold until after he explains to them about New Year's Eve in Time Square first or else they won't be focused on anything else.

"In New York City, at Times Square where the ball drops every year on New Year's Eve, right at that specific spot underneath time square are the Crown Jewels of the universe, the crown jewels help keep the balance on earth. Every year the Scottish Druids who were assigned the task of saving the world, say the specific rituals to keep the jewels invisible so the evil ones won't steal them and start Armageddon. The jewels are powerful stones that can destroy everything in existence on earth in the blink of an eye. The Druids know how important their job to keep the world safe is and on New Year's Eve of every year, they start their prayers and rituals from dawn to dusk." The wise one said, and watched as every single student looked at him wide eyed.

"But Master, I thought Halloween was the holiday that the Druids do the rituals to save the world!"

"On Halloween of every year, the Druids say the rituals so the walls won't drop and the veil between realms won't thin. Time square is a whole other story."

"And what does Sophia have to do with time square?"

"Sophia plays a huge role in saving the balance on earth, she doesn't know her roll yet in saving the world, but soon, everything will be in perfect harmony with the center of the universe and Sophia's high pitched voice will be the deal breaker to shatter the crown jewel when it will fall in the wrong hands. Her angelic opera voice will be so high pitched that the jewel will shatter in the hands of the evil one, and his mission to rule the world will be destroyed!" The master explained, as he walked away.

The students followed after him, "but Master, if the jewel is shattered what will happen to harminy on earth, will it cease to exist?" The youngest student asked, as the curiosity got the best of him.

"It is time for you to practice patience. You will have to wait for the rest to be told to you when you are ready. None of you are ready yet, I will have to send you a few more teachers to teach you the rules. Anyone of you who fail to quickly learn the rules will be cast in another school that is on a lower realm. I suggest you listen carefully when the lesson is being told to you so you can advance and reach the higher levels of heaven, until then, you are not to ask questions. You must remain quiet and just listen." He said before he disappeared before their very eyes.

The youngest of the students wasn't too happy, why where they kept in the dark about the happenings on earth? Maybe Evan was right, the Master didn't want anyone to have more knowledge than him! Maybe he should break away from here and go to the lower level where Evan was, there are more parties there and everyone has fun. Over here there is no excitement and it is very boring! He thought angrily, as he walked away and headed towards the lower level of the cosmos. Maybe if he revealed information about the crown jewel, and Sophia's voice, he will be accepted in the lower level!

The Master watched as the youngest student removed his robe and stepped out of the heavens. He heart sank, as he walked into the illuminated room where the most enlightened spirits waited for him.

"Worry not, all is going according to plan."

The Master closed his eyes and took in a deep inhalation of breath, "Yes it is." He said, before he joined the rest of the illuminated beings in prayer for the salvation of the human race.

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxox