Regrets

This chapter has been automatically switched by wattpad I don't know how or why, please read it after you read the chapter "the beginning of the end" Because that's were it belongs. Thank you.

At first, it didn't register in Stephan's mind when Lidia had said Amira was gone. He thought mayhap Lidia was exaggerating, and Amira was somewhere on the grounds of Sterlingshire, but when he looked deep into his grandmothers eyes and noticed the fear in them, a cold sweat coursed through his body and he ran out of the library faster than the speed of light.

In less than a half hour, Stephan covered every square inch of Sterlingshire castle and it's grounds. She had left him. The sudden realization of that knowledge left Stephan overwhelmed with grief. Placing his hand on his chest, Stephan tried to calm his beating heart.

How could she just up and leave, his arrogant mind screamed, but his heart knew, and he did not blame her for leaving. He had driven her away with his selfish acts of betrayal and arrogance.

Locking himself in his chambers, Stephan braced his hands on the stone wall and tried to calm himself. He was paralyzed with fear, and knew not what to do. He had to lose her to realize how much she meant to him. The Druid choked back a sob, and dropped to his knees.

"De' canhru' Liom!" He cried, begging God for help.

*********

The silvery moon cast it's moonbeams over Scotland, but it wasn't enough light for Amira to make her way into the forest without stepping on something that would make her spine stiffened form fear. She could hear the creatures of the night all around her, and she nearly fainted from fear. What was she even thinking coming into the forest all by herself, was she daft?

Aphrodites watched the princess from her realm, and her heart went out to her. She was very disappointed in Stephan. How could he do this to the poor girl? She needed to teach the Druid a lesson, one that he shall never forget! She thought angrily.

Amira continued to walk along the dark forest, praying with each step that she took, that the creatures wouldn't find her, but somewhere close by, she heard a wolf howl and she started to run as fast as she could, and her body fell into a huge black hole.

She spun round and round and the air whirled around her, until she finally dropped to the ground with a loud thump. She rubbed her arse, trying to kill the pain that shot through her.

"There she is! Seize her!" Someone yelled.

Amira was yanked to her feet roughly, and someone tied her hands together. "She won't be able to escape this time!" A deep voice said from behind her, as he tied her hands with a rope.

The princess's heart beat wildly against her chest, she recognized the voice as one of her bodyguards from back home. No way, she thought, this can't be happening! Was she back in Arabia?

"Take her back to the palace, and hand her over to her father! Let him deal with her!" One guard said to the other.

Amira could not believe what had just happened, by some twist of fate, she was back in Arabia and at her fathers mercy.

"Please, don't take me to my father, he will kill me!" Amira cried, knowing very well that the Sultan will give her the death penalty. Especially if he finds out that she was not a Virgin anymore.

When news reached the Sultan that his daughter has been found, he angrily marched to the great hall to confront her. His dark gaze blazed with fire as he marched up to her and slapped her hard across the face.

" 'Ahira!" Her father spitted at her. To him she was now a whore! "Bring me the stick so I can beat her, I'm going to kill the 'Ahira!"

The guard's mouth curved into a smile, finally she will get what she deserves! He thought, she had always rebuked his advances, and had once even called him a b@stard, let the b@tch get what she deserves now! Grabbing the wooden stick that was standing in the corner of the great hall, the guard marched back to where the princess stood and handed it to her father.

"Now you will learn to obey your father, 'Ahira!" He hissed, as he raised the stick and brought it down on Amira's back.

The blow was too much for Amira's petite body, and she fell to the floor. The pain on her back was excruciating, and she trembled with fear when she saw the Sultan raise the stick again. After the third time the stick came into contact with her skin, Amira's back was numb, and she could no longer feel the pain.

Her father must have realized it and he threw the stick to the floor. Grabbing her by the hair, he pulled her to her feet. "Where have you been the last couple of hours? Your betrothed was asking questions of your whereabouts! He almost left, but I convinced him to stay, telling him that you were under the weather! You are lucky that he decided to stay until you are feeling better so he could marry you!"

Amira was speechless. Has it only been a few hours? By some freak chance of fate, she has been returned to her home, and is now expected to marry the Prince of Persia!

Take her to her chamber, and guard her door! I want two guards down below her window, I'm not taking any chances of her escaping again!" Her father said angrily.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxox