The heart just knows

Alexander was all choked up as he watched his son wield his sword with Aindrea. Just by looking at him, it was evident that one day soon he will be someone to fear on the battlefield. He looked strong and powerful, he swung the sword fiercely, with great strength even at his tender young age. Alexander's chest heaved with pride, his son was going to be a great warrior, of this he had no doubt!

Lanie watched Alexander from the huge window in her bedchamber, and she was seething with anger. How dare he pretend he cares for Gabriel, when just a week ago he denied him as his! The Druidess was angry that her husband didn't trust her, he punished her harshly for something she never did, she was innocent, and he never apologized to her for what he put her through!

"Looks like you're feeling better today." Iona, Alexander's mother said.

Lanie whirled around, she hadn't notice that anyone had entered her chamber. "Yes, I'm feeling much better." She said, throwing her mother in law a warm smile. She liked the woman, because from the moment that Lanie had arrived at Balmoral castle, Alexander's mother has been nothing but sweet and caring towards her.

"I was hoping that you might want to take a walk with me in the gardens, the roses are in full bloom this time of year and they are lovely to look at." She said, smiling gracefully and showing off her even white teeth.

"Yes, thank you, I would love to join you." Lanie said, and followed Iona out of her chambers.

"I take pride in my gardens Lanie, I have planted most of the flowers with my own two hands, Alexander designed the gardens for me many years ago and I have spent hundreds of hours planting my favorite roses." Iona beamed.

"I sure you have done a great job, i can't wait to see it!" Lanie said excitedly, as both women walked out into the courtyard.

Lanie did not miss the way her husband looked hungrily at her, and if she were honest with herself, she would have admitted that her heart almost leapt from her chest, but the anger got the best of her, and she lifted her nose in the air as they walked passed him.

Alexander sighed, he wondered when he would be able to make love to his wife, and with that thought his heart sank, because he knew it would be winter before she warmed his bed at night!

**********

Neil lay on the ground and wrapped the blanket around his body. It was cold and damp inside his cell and the Druid wondered when his trial would take place, and he could finally go home! Closing his eyes, images of Katarina filled his mind, and his heart beat wildly against his muscled chest.

She said that rumors have baptized him the gentle warrior, and it was true, he was gentle with every woman he had the pleasure of meeting, because his mother, who was his whole life up until her last dying breath, had gone through an abusive marriage with a man she didn't love, and he had witnessed on many occasions where his father had mistreated his loving mother! Growing up, Neil had promised himself that he would never treat a woman the way his father had treated his mother!

His father of course had regretted everything he ever said or done to hurt his mother, but it was too late, she had died from the whopping cough before she hit her twenty second birthday. His father was overwhelmed with guilt and grief, and he disappeared from the face of the earth with no clue of his whereabouts. On that dreadful day, Neil, had sworn that he would never mistreat a woman in his entire life, but as gentle as he was to all the females he was blessed to be around, he was the opposite on the battle field. A fierce and powerful warrior he was, with the strength of a beast!

Neil had zero respect for Alexander, who was abusive to his wife. The man was a beast, and Lanie deserved better! He could never beat a woman whether she was guilty or not, Neil thought, as Katarina claimed his mind once again, and flooded his heart with unexpected love. The Druid had heard of the feelings a warrior feels when he meets his soulmate, it was described to him as love at first sight, and Neil had never believed in such things before until it happened to him. He knew that his heart recognized it's other half as soon as he touched her.

It was with those warm thoughts that helped Neil to finally get a well deserved good nights sleep.

He awakened the next day when Cook herself delivered Neil his breakfast. "If you tell anybody that I slipped you a full breakfast of sausage, bacon and eggs, and freshly squeezed orange juice, I will box your ears off, do you hear me?" She asked with a warning tone of voice. "I don't want to be the next one to get whipped from the Laird!"

Neil pushed himself in a sitting position by the cold stone wall, and reached out and grabbed the tray that Cook offered to him. "Why do you take the risk then?" He asked, his curiosity getting the best of him.

"Because I know that Alexander is too blindsided by his love for his wife to see the truth that you are innocent," she said as she turned away, walked out of the cell, and closed the iron door. "And the fact that Katarina has taken a liking to you!"

"And how do you know that?" Neil asked, holding his breath to hear her answer.

"I know everything, and if you hurt her, I will poison your food!" She threatened before she walked away.

"You forgot to lock the iron door!" Neil called out after her.

"Cook never forgets anything! Why should I lock the door? As long as Katarina is here, you ain't going anywhere!" She threw over her shoulders.

Neil bit into his sausage hungrily, he liked Cook, and she like him too, he could tell by the twinkle in her eyes when she looked at him. He knew that she would help him if he ever needed her too.

Cook walked up the stairs, opened the door to the dungeon, and stepped into the hallway. Neil was a gentleman indeed, she thought, satisfied that Katarina finally fell in love, and was going to be married. She marched into her kitchen and chopped her onions and garlic, and wondered why Katarina chose to keep away from the prisoner, telling her to take the tray to him instead. She must find a way to get her to take the dinner tray down to the gentle warrior, she thought as she whistled a happy tune.

***********

Davina lay on her bed, she didn't sleep a wink last night. Super excited that the hag had accepted her gold coins in return for the kidnapping of Lanie and her son. In five moons, Davina will be laying next to Alexander comforting him for his loss. A smile curved at the corner of her mouth, as images of Alexander's muscular body over hers drove her wild with want. She glided her fingers up her thigh and slipped them inside her private domain. Closing her eyes the wench touched herself until waves after waves of pleasure engulfed her and she slithered like a snake on her bed. Soon she thought, it will be the Laird pleasing her, and she opened her mouth and cried out his name as she panted breathlessly.

Thank you for your votes and comments xoxxoxoxxoxox