Kill me now

As soon as Bruce stepped out of the chambers, he staggered backwards onto the stone wall. Clutching his heart, he did everything he could to ease the pain that was killing him little by little.

Forget her, she's not worth it! He told himself, she has destroyed all his dreams and nothing can change that now!

Forcing himself to move forward, Bruce braced his huge calloused hand on the banister and walked down the stairs. He needed fresh air, or he would surly die from suffocation!

Liandra watched him from her window as he made his way to the gardens. "Fool!" She cried, "you don't deserve me!"

***********

The wizard usually didn't like to spy on anyone's precious moments, but many things were at stake here! and he had watched the scene between his grandson and Liandra and cursed under his breath. His grandson had always been a stubborn mule when it came to his women. Although he was good to them, he never allowed them into his heart, but this one was different Liandra was his soulmate and he was madly in love with her.

The wizard had to quickly move forward with plan B. He wasn't too happy about that, but he was left with no other choice. If he did not step in and help them work out their problems, their bloodline could be at stake!

***********

"You take my breath away Camille," Patrick whispered in her ear, and thrust deeply inside her, "marry me, and let me show you what true happines means."

Camille melted in his arms and lost all her senses, his words were like a string of pearls that wrapped around her and made her his prisoner. She loved him with all her heart and all her soul, and knew that she would never be able to live without him.

When he released his seed inside her, his moans mixed with her sweet cries of passion and they trembled in each others arms, as their love threaded through both their hearts and became one. The soulmate connection was almost complete, Patrick knew it from their first encounter that she was his soulmate. He would die for her if he had to, she was his life now, and he would let no one and nothing get in the way of that, not even his brother Bruce.

"My heart," he said, as he pulled out of her, "In two days your family will bring you to Kenningsworth to marry my brother, but I will stop the ceremony and claim you for myself!"

Camille pulled away from him, and he could hear her stifled cries in the dark. "Patrick I can not marry you, my father will have your head on a silver platter, not to mention what he will do to me!"

Patrick kissed every inch of her face, "My heart," he said hoarsely, "cry no more, I will take care of everything, I will talk with your father and settle this once and for all!"

"No, no you mustn't!" she pleaded, "my father will not listen to you, he expects me to marry Bruce, and if you interfere with that he will kill you! My father is not one to be delt with, he is ruthless and has no conscience!"

Patrick lifted himselF off the bed and walked over to wash bin. He dipped the washcloth inside the bowl of water and then lifted and twisted it. The warrior cleaned himself, and dipped the washcloth and repeated the same steps again, and then walked over to where Camille lay and wiped her clean.

"Don't worry about me Camille, I am not afraid of your father, he is just a man, I can handle him. You are my wife in every way possible, the only thing left for us to do now is get married." he told her, and placed the wash cloth on the side table. He then lowered his head and kissed her plump lips. "You are mine now and no one can take you from me!"

**********

Bruce stayed in the gardens and meditated all night long. The stars twinkled like diamonds in the night sky and the warrior threaded each one with an imaginary thread, and made a strand of pearly lights to wrap around his heart and hold it together, because it was broken.

The pain was horrendous and the warrior knew not what else to do. He did not feel the wind that whirled around him, nor did he see the soft blanket of snow that dropped around him and covered his bare feet.

The Laird who watched his son from afar, understood the torture that his son was feeling and wished he could do something to ease his pain, but he knew that Bruce must suffer in order for him to understand how much he loves Liandra.

"Father, how much longer will Bruce allow himself to suffer before he realizes what he must do?"

The wizard sighed, "Unfortunately he will not realize what he must do until the very last possible second! Your son is a great fool, and is setting himself up for great pain, but if that is what it takes for him to learn the ways of the heart, then so be it!"

***********

Liandra cried herself to sleep, it was the only thing left for her to do. Maybe, she thought, when she wakes up she will find herself back in Sam's bachelor pad, for that sounded much easier than everything she has been through with Bruce.

a reminder: in the next few chapters somewhere along the way, the second question in the book sweet obsession will be asked, and the winner will receive a free copy of my book. Remember to read what you can to get an idea of what is to follow. So you can answer the question and win.

Thank you you kindly for your support, it means the world to me!!!! Xoxoxxoxoxxoxo