Together, we Conquer

Autorstwa FabuJim777

This book is for my sister. When a teenager named Madran in the Japanese metropolis of Shibuya is visited by... Więcej

All in Your Dreams
The True Inner Self
A Precious Balance of Activities
All Inside of Your Head
Hopelessly Waiting
Opening New Doors
A Letter of Warning
Family Feud
A Change for the Better
Suga's Plight
Curing the Plague
Entering the Lab
Please Don't Shoot the Dog
A Team of Friends
The Doctor's Anger
The Deepest Part of the Lab
An Eventful Day
Dr. Spider
Spending Time in Blue
Reaching Out to a Memory
Sheila's Dirty Secret
True Beauty
The New Pharaoh in Town
The Winding, Confusing Road
Maya's Many Friends
A Taste of the Metaverse
A Many Layered Maze
Watchers From Afar
A Shiny New Coat of Paint
Sheila's Pure Rage
Battle for Access
School and the Supernatural
The Third Letter of Warning
The Photographer of Nightmares
Back Into Waiting
Elizabeth's Weird Idea
A Digital Warzone
In Through the Front Door
Tile Dancing
Too Many Rooms
The Key to One's Heart
Running Amok
Passing the Turns
Halfway Done
A Long Stream of Criticism
The Journey to the Treasure
Stuck in a Loop
Haze and Smoke
The Fourth Letter of Warning
Changing an Opinion
A Tour of Mementos
On the Way to Inaba
Meeting New and Finding Old
Mysteries Uncovered
Oddity on the Screen
A Shocking Appearance
Many Flowers
Pressing Questions
Inciting a Plan
Finding a Way
Into the Depths
A Vision to the Past
A Frightening Occurrence
Unhappy Memories
The Prophecy of Maya
The Other Side
A Need for Kegare
Nyarlathotep's Last Stand
All His Fault
Into the Flames
The Winds of Despair
Chicory's Mortal Dilemma
Surprising Normality
An Ice-Cold Heart
On the Homestretch
Race to the End
Over the Edge
Undoing the Past
Stories and Soul-Searching
Madran's Resolution

The Second Letter of Warning

17 2 2
Autorstwa FabuJim777

February 16

It had been two days since Valentine's day, and the stars were finally in order. Suga wasn't with her family or helping at the hospital, Madran was done with school work, and Philemon was patiently waiting. Madran grabbed a letter and envelope and texted Suga to meet her in the Velvet Room. After some time, Madran entered the Velvet Room.

"Ah. Welcome to the Velvet Room."

Madran was a bit creeped out by Margaret and Philemon reciting the line in perfect unison, all the while tracking her as she walked up to them.

"Y'all creep me out sometimes."

Margaret giggled.

"At least you aren't all quiet and stoic like the last few visitors to this room."

Madran sat down next to Philemon. Chicory also came in, sitting on the floor.

"Any time now..."

"Um, what is she doing?"

"Patience, you two."

The door to Suga's room opened, and she walked in.

"Ok. So, what is this for?"

"The letter!"

Suga nodded, sitting down next to Margaret.

"Ok. So, tell me what this does."

"Um, it lets the person know that they will have their treasure stolen. It's kinda important to clear the palace."

"I feel that it would be good to follow Madran's idea."

"What is that?"

"You dictate the letter, I write it."

Suga nodded.

"Hmm. That sounds smart."

"It was also how she came up with the group name."

Suga chuckled.

"Yeah, I have my questions about that one."

Madran nervously giggled, and set the letter down in front of Philemon.

"Did you bring a pen?"

"Oh! Right!"

Madran ran back into her room, randomly grabbing her pen from the mass array of pens she had for some free writing. She then re-entered the room, handing the pen to Philemon.

"Ok. Suga, dictate away."

"Ok."

Suga cleared her throat.

"Dear, Proctora Kalis."

Suga thought for a bit.

"Um, Madran?"

"You have committed the great sin of envy by..."

"Oh! Right."

Suga turned back to Philemon.

"By carefully guarding horrid, demeaning secrets about yourself, holding great prejudice within your heart, and jealously wanting to rule the medical world, all to further your twisted needs to experiment. Most of all, you have brought great mental trauma on to one who is close with you, Suga Camas, and made her time with you miserable. Now, we shall steal those twisted, distorted desires, and make you a new man."

Suga cleared her throat.

"Sincerely, The Bodacious Babes."

"Yikes. Um, are you sure that he won't know that it's you?"

"I wrote it. My handwriting has never been seen by anyone but you and the people who get these letters."

Madran peered over to see that he had some style of tiled cursive, which reminded her of a wedding invitation.

"Well, true."

"Ok. Let's read it through."

Philemon cleared his throat.

"Dear Proctora Kalis, as we and anyone around has seen, y-"

"Hey! I didn't say that!"

"It's to make him even more nervous. Calm down."

Philemon began to read again.

"You have committed the great sin of envy, by carefully guarding horrid, demeaning secrets about yourself, holding great prejudice within your heart, and jealously wanting to rule the medical world, all to further your twisted needs to experiment. Most of all, you have brought great mental trauma on to one who is close with you, Suga Camas, and made her time with you miserable. Now, we shall steal those twisted, distorted desires, and make you a new man."

"Yep! That's it."

"Sincerely, The Bodacious Babes."

"Yep! Sounds good."

Margaret seemed to be grinning.

"Last time I saw someone so excited, it was when a small group of teens solved a murder case."

Madran smiled back.

"Aww, I'm flattered."

Margaret smiled, nearly melting everyone's hearts with how warm it was.

"So, how do we deliver it?"

"I do."

"How do you carry a letter if you're a butterfly?"

Philemon transformed, fluttering over to the letter and somehow picking it up. He flew around the room with it, and placed it back down.

"Woah."

Philemon shifted back, landing right where he was sitting.

"So, when will you deliver it?"

"I'll deliver it once everyone's asleep."

Chicory was sniffing around the room, trying to summon Yorick.

"Um, that doesn't work here."

Chicory looked sad, simply wanting to summon his jesterly friend and mess around.

"Well, um, when will we steal the treasure?"

"Tomorrow. Try to get rest and finish any school work in school or on the subway or ride home."

"Oh. Why tomorrow?"

"Because the effect will only last for about 20 hours before we need to start the process again."

"Oh. Um, that sorta makes sense?"

"Well, you two should go back to your homes and finish up the day. We have a big day tomorrow."

"Um, no duh."

Madran waved to everyone, leaving with Chicory. The rest of the night was spent hanging around the house and taking Chicory for a walk, and, once Madran went to sleep, Philemon's job had just begun.

Philemon's POV

Philemon created a door to the hospital. Due to it being open all day and night, it wasn't as easy as him going through Travert's neighborhood. He decided to go invisible, fluttering through the door with a few people going in. He had missed the days of when he played a bigger role in all of this, but, instead, he was an errand boy for two girls. This wasn't a game played with some crazy friend. This was probably his punishment for all that he did, and Philemon, thinking this, trapped himself into this role.

"Yeah, I can't wait for The Bodacious Babes to do whatever they're planning to Dr. Kalis."

"Poor man. He must have so much stress on him."

Philemon had made it to the individual mailboxes for the staff there. He found the one labeled "Kalis," and placed the letter inside. He waited for some time, and Proctora arrived, ready to go home.

"Hmm. One message."

Philemon quietly followed Proctora back to his car, and, being a sneaky little bug, got in the car, sitting in the backseat.

"Gosh. All this talk of 'he did this' and 'he did that.' People just don't want to stay out of my business, huh? I guess, if I'm going to be famous, I'll have to deal with this..."

"What a sorry little person."

Proctora eventually arrived at his house. Philemon followed him, going in once he opened the door. After some nervous waiting, Proctora was seen opening the letter.

"I guess this is my punishment for what I did. Just being a useless crab, hanging with a few girls who are much better than me."

"What?"

Proctora began to read the letter out loud.

"You have committed the great sin of envy, by carefully guarding horrid, demeaning secrets about yourself, holding great prejudice within your heart, and jealously wanting to rule the medical world, all to further your twisted needs to experiment. Most of all, you have brought great mental trauma on to one who is close with you, Suga Camas, and made her time with you miserable. Now, we shall steal those twisted, distorted desires, and make you a new man. Sincerely, The Bodacious Babes."

Proctora sighed.

"The second I try, something happens. Fuck those bitches."

Proctora set the letter down and went to watch TV. As he sat down, Shadow Proctora appeared on the seat next to him as everything dimmed.

"Ugh. My chance at fame! Struck down by dumb girls! This is why I've done all of this, because of them! Oh, I can't wait to surprise Suga and her friend with what I have in store..."

Shadow Proctora chuckled deeply, vanishing. Philemon left, feeling as empty as usual.

February 17

Madran, Suga, Chicory, and Philemon were all gathered in the Velvet Room.

"So, we go in, and steal it?"

"Yes. I have said that a million times."

"Then, let's go!"

Madran and Chicory agreed with Suga. The group then went out and back to the Metaverse, gathering in the anteroom.

"Ok! To the Safe Room!"

Philemon transported them to the latest Safe Room.

"Attention all assistants, evacuate from the Deep and Early Lab. Attention all assistants, evacuate from the Deep and Early Lab."

"Um... what?"

"This is too good to be true. We need to be careful."

The group advanced carefully. All of the weird puzzles were gone. However, the door to Shadow Proctora's office was closed.

"Ugh. Nightingale!"

Madran summoned Nightingale, followed by Suga's summoning of Bubonia. The door was busted down.

"Hmm. There's nobody in there."

The group walked in, making a beeline for the treasure. It was there, and didn't seem to be messed with.

"Hmm. A clipboard."

Suga read it.

"I'm too far down to go back."

"Uh..."

"That sounds really fishy."

The group walked back out, still wary of anything that made sounds or moved. Yorick poked around, looking confused.

"Well, if there was any trap, it would have triggered by now."

"Yeah. I don't like this."

Philemon looked back.

"I don't see anyone in the office."

"Well, I mean, no duh, we were just in there."

"Yes, but something could be hiding in the rafters."

"This place is too advanced for rafters, they must be panels."

"Bubonia, I didn't ask. Plus, you're tall, you should be able to see."

"Um, hun, that's not how you talk to a lady."

Philemon looked down at Chicory, who was sniffing around again. He looked back up, and Yorick shook his head.

"Nope! I got nothin'. Nothing at all."

"Hmm. Let's go back."

The group walked back through the rooms with the treasure, looking around for any hints towards anything.

"Shadow Proctora did mention having a surprise for us when we come back."

"Um, that's rather expected, especially like this."

"True. Well, we're back in the small opening."

"Uh, the Safe Room..."

"We can't use it when we have the treasure."

The group went back down and through the maze.

"Yep, still no sign. Oh, and the control room isn't giving off any signs as well."

"Um, Clown, do you see anything?"

Chicory and Yorick both seemed to not catch anything, and just looked around.

"Uh..."

"Maybe, Shadow Proctora is cloaking himself?"

"Maybe."

"I would have scanned him by now. He must be in the other rooms."

Bubonia shook her head at Nightingale.

"No, he must be right here."

The door to the maze shut behind them.

"Yep. He's here, alright."

The group looked around suspiciously.

"I'm getting a presence coming from in the room?"

The group looked confusedly around. The chair at the control panel then swiveled around, revealing Shadow Proctora. He seemed to be giving them and evil grin, and was twiddling his fingers.

"Aha! Found you!"

"Why no, I've found you."

Shadow Proctora got up. He held his hand out, and the treasure shot from Suga's hand to his hands.

"Hey! Give that back!"

"Nope. It's mine."

Bubonia crossed her arms.

"Then, we'll have to take it by force."

"Suga..."

Yorick looked around, trying to find possible escape routes.

"Why yes, it is mine, and I have no intention of giving it over. Anyone who might interfere with my plans will meet a rather unruly demise."

Madran scanned Shadow Proctora, but didn't catch anything.

"Um..."

"Goodness, you even brought that stupid dog, and that dumb man who thinks he's the stuff."

Philemon gasped.

"Hey! Don't talk to him like that!"

"Well well, you little fiery gremlin, I can say or do whatever I see fit. This is my domain, after all. I don't mind of the world crumbles, as long as this place remains, everything is set in stone."

"Yeah, we're about to rock that world."

Chicory suddenly directed Yorick to grab the clipboard. Shadow Proctora dodged the sudden advances, scowling.

"Could you ever exhibit any control over that savage beast?"

"No! Give us the treasure!"

Bubonia whipped up harsh winds, blowing Shadow Proctora's hair and clothes around. However, it all settled back to its usual appearance after a bit.

"Stop this insolence. If you won't control yourself and your silly, teenager hormones, then I will have to step in myself and give you my special treatment."

Shadow Proctora's voice seemed to grow more snake-like, and he began to exude a familiar red-black aura.

"Oh no! This isn't good!"

Shadow Proctora floated up. They could all see his figure draw in black and red gas, much like Shadow Travert, pulsating and growing larger, as they could hear the sounds of bones cracking, skin tearing, and clothing being torn to shreds. The lights then went out, plunging them into darkness.

END OF CHAPTER 18

--------------------------------------------

That's all for this chapter! Get ready for one heck of a fight in the next on. I hope that you all enjoyed! I'll see all of you guys next time. Bye!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

30.4K 661 47
dis·so·nant: -lacking harmony -unsuitable or unusual in combination; clashing --- "They told me that to make her fall in love, I had to make her lau...
437 22 9
Iroha thought she had a normal life, she has a "Happy Family" with her "Mother" and two "Sisters", however even if she could not leave Takarazaki Cit...
762 31 6
Ren's return from juvenile hall finally gave the Thieves the chance they had to talk about why Mementos still exists, despite Yaldabaoth's fall. When...
136 0 5
Akuryo; It might as well have been a name to him. Well, now it was, anyway. All his life, Ren has known one simple fact: As a shapeshifter, he would...