Together, we Conquer

By FabuJim777

This book is for my sister. When a teenager named Madran in the Japanese metropolis of Shibuya is visited by... More

All in Your Dreams
The True Inner Self
A Precious Balance of Activities
All Inside of Your Head
Hopelessly Waiting
Opening New Doors
Family Feud
A Change for the Better
Suga's Plight
Curing the Plague
Entering the Lab
Please Don't Shoot the Dog
A Team of Friends
The Doctor's Anger
The Deepest Part of the Lab
An Eventful Day
The Second Letter of Warning
Dr. Spider
Spending Time in Blue
Reaching Out to a Memory
Sheila's Dirty Secret
True Beauty
The New Pharaoh in Town
The Winding, Confusing Road
Maya's Many Friends
A Taste of the Metaverse
A Many Layered Maze
Watchers From Afar
A Shiny New Coat of Paint
Sheila's Pure Rage
Battle for Access
School and the Supernatural
The Third Letter of Warning
The Photographer of Nightmares
Back Into Waiting
Elizabeth's Weird Idea
A Digital Warzone
In Through the Front Door
Tile Dancing
Too Many Rooms
The Key to One's Heart
Running Amok
Passing the Turns
Halfway Done
A Long Stream of Criticism
The Journey to the Treasure
Stuck in a Loop
Haze and Smoke
The Fourth Letter of Warning
Changing an Opinion
A Tour of Mementos
On the Way to Inaba
Meeting New and Finding Old
Mysteries Uncovered
Oddity on the Screen
A Shocking Appearance
Many Flowers
Pressing Questions
Inciting a Plan
Finding a Way
Into the Depths
A Vision to the Past
A Frightening Occurrence
Unhappy Memories
The Prophecy of Maya
The Other Side
A Need for Kegare
Nyarlathotep's Last Stand
All His Fault
Into the Flames
The Winds of Despair
Chicory's Mortal Dilemma
Surprising Normality
An Ice-Cold Heart
On the Homestretch
Race to the End
Over the Edge
Undoing the Past
Stories and Soul-Searching
Madran's Resolution

A Letter of Warning

27 1 2
By FabuJim777

Madran nabbed a blank letter from the cabinet and ran back to get into the Velvet Room.

"Ah. Welcome to the Velvet Room."

"Yep! How do I write the letter?"

Madran skidded on the floor, stopping her running and grinding to a halt in front of Philemon.

"Ok. Well, always try to make it seem like there's more than one person, as to maximize the appearance of the treasure. Make up a group name, or something like that."

"Ok!"

Madran took a pen out from her pocket and handed it over to Philemon.

"Madran?"

"Dad would recognize my handwriting."

"Ah. I see."

Philemon took the pen and blank paper and sat down at a table. Madran noticed that the Velvet Room looked much like a living room of a house.

"So, why does this room look like a living room?"

"The Velvet Room shifts to cater to the visitor. Your living room is very important to you, so here we are."

"Oh. Ok."

Philemon looked up at her.

"So, dictate what you want me to write here."

"Ok!"

Madran cleared her throats.

"Dear Travert Farjis..."

Philemon began writing.

"As we have noticed, you have committed the great sin of Wrath, striking down all that you deem unworthy of ever following their dreams and even making your very own daughter go through hell. So, judging by these horrible acts, we, The Bodacious Babes, will steal your heart, and reverse all of these terrible deeds. Prepare yourself, for we shall-"

Philemon burst into laughter.

"The... the Bodacious Babes?!"

"Yes!"

Philemon laughed for a bit and slowly regained his more magisterial attitude.

"Anyways, carry on."

"Prepare yourself, for we shall deny you of these twisted desires, and change your heart for the better. From, The Bodacious Babes."

Philemon finished the letter.

"Did you get an envelope?"

"Yes."

Madran gave Philemon an envelope. He slid the letter in and sealed it with a butterfly-like stamp.

"When should I de-"

"I will, and I will deliver it on Saturday. On Sunday, you absolutely must go and steal the treasure, if we don't want the effects of this letter to reverse."

"Gotcha."

Madran looked around.

"Um, not to sound rude, but, are any other people going to be in here aside from you?"

Philemon nodded.

"Yes. When the time comes, and when more people you are close to awaken."

"Hmm. I wonder what my next target should be after this..."

"Just wait. You'll see soon enough."

Madran nodded.

"Well, I gotta go! Bye!"

Madran ran out, exiting the Velvet Room. Chicory was sitting on her bed, looking at the closet. Once Chicory noticed her, his tail started wagging and his tongue stuck out. Madran sat down next to him.

"Hi! Who's a good boy?"

Madran cooed and petted him for awhile. However, that ended once Elia called for dinner. Chicory tried to hop down, but slipped on the bed, bonking his head on the floor. He got up with a goofy look on his face and walked around shakily before gaining his bearings once more. Madran laughed a bit, petted Chicory once more, and went out to have dinner with her mom.

"Ooh! Chicken Marsalla!"

Madran was very pleased to see a recipe that was used back when they lived in the US. It was very popular with the family, and when they went to visit back in Maryland and Virginia, they always made the chicken and pasta dish with her grandparents.

"Yep. So, what went on today?"

"Well, I basically need to send an anonymous card to dad in order to steal his treasure."

"Um, will Philemon help with that?"

"Yep! He even wrote the letter with me dictating and said he would send it."

"Well, that's awfully nice of him."

They ate in silence, with Madran complimenting Elia on her cooking job and Chicory getting a small piece of the chicken.

"So, do you have any secret admirers to tell me about?"

Elia produced a smirk.

"Nope! But what about you?"

Madran smirked harder.

"Yeah, me neither. Oh, and, your Creative Writing teacher emailed me to say that she would be saving the copy of your short writing that you gave her."

"Really? That's great!"

Madran smiled, very flattered that her teacher liked those writings. She had made a short story about a woman with supernatural powers escaping from government officials who wanted to contain her, which just then reminded her of how she uses her own supernatural power to rebel against her father. Bit by bit, Madran drew parallels between many of her writings and the recent events of the week.

"Hey, wait a second..."

"Yes?"

"The character rebelled against imposing people using powers. My other writings include people fighting against evil and protecting what they find right."

"Wow. That sounds awfully similar to what you do now."

"Um, I was worried that you wouldn't believe me, and that the dream that Philemon sent would just be passed off as weird."

"Well, in the dream, I saw how you started using Nightingale."

"The whole thing?!"

Madran had gotten seconds by now, and was eating at the speed of someone who was very invested in a conversation.

"Yes. I saw how his shadow treated you, and how she reached out to you before exploding those weird imp creatures."

"Um, what did she say to me before I ripped the mask off?"

"I art thou, thou art I, let the blankets of truth cover the fire of your soul anymore!"

"Yep! That's what she said."

"Hmm. Well, I wonder if any of your friends had the same dream."

"Yeah. Both of them."

"So, Suga and Sheila have that potential as well?"

"Yeah."

Chicory was walking laps around the table, sniffing at the floor. This provided a quick distraction to them.

"Hmm. Well, let's finish up."

Madran and Elia finished their meal and cleaned the area up, both going to bed afterwards.

January 21

Philemon's POV

Philemon had waited until Madran was asleep until he set out. He opened a new door, taking the letter and changing to his butterfly form. He flew out of the door, appearing over Travert's townhouse. He landed on a tree, watching the area before fluttering over to the mailbox compact.

"This must be the right one..."

Philemon landed on the top, going down to the mailboxes.

"Number 9..."

Philemon phased through the mailbox labelled "9," and deposited the letter. He then flew back up to the tree and waited.

"It's been some time."

Philemon then felt a slight feeling of elation as Travert exited the house. He had been teleworking that day, making everything easier. Philemon then went invisible, landing back on the mailbox compact. Travert had opened his mailbox, and opened the letter.

"Hmm. To Travert, and no return address."

Travert opened the letter, reading it out loud in a soft voice.

"Dear Travert Farjis... As we have noticed, you have committed the great sin of Wrath, striking down all that you deem unworthy of ever following their dreams and even making your very own daughter go through hell. So, judging by these horrible acts, we, The Bodacious Babes, will steal your heart, and reverse all of these terrible deeds. Prepare yourself, for we shall deny you of these twisted desires, and change your heart for the better. From, The Bodacious Babes."

Travert scoffed. The area around him dimmed, and his shadow appeared behind him, in all of his golden glory.

"It's Madran. It just has to be. Oh, that brat... I'll show her what it means to defy me!"

The shadow disappeared. Travert seemed to not notice the sudden appearance, as well as the kids playing in the road or the parents chatting. Travert ripped the letter up and crinkled it, carrying it back to his home and, as Philemon has guessed, discarded it.

"Perfect."

Philemon re-entered the Velvet Room and waited.

January 22

Madran's POV

Madran woke up, seeing that Philemon had called her a few times. She texted him back.

Madran: Hello?"
Philemon: The letter has been sent. You must enter the palace today. It doesn't matter when, just do it.
Madran: Gotcha

Madran went to get ready and had her coffee and breakfast, and chatted with Elia for a bit.

"So, you're off?"

"Yes. I'm off."

"Well, bye! Um, don't get too hurt."

"I'll try my best."

Madran went back to her room and entered the Velvet Room.

"Ah. Welcome to the Velvet Room."

"Yep! I'm ready!"

"You don't seem like a zombie, so let us re-enter the world of your father's mind."

Madran and Philemon went back into the cognitive world.

"So, you're back in butterfly?"

"Yes."

Madran looked at the mansion. The mansion seemed to glare back.

"You need to be stealthy here. The alertness of the butlers has increased immensely."

"Ok! Do the safe rooms work?"

"Let me try."

Madran waited for a bit, and reappeared in the safe room.

"Yes!"

Madran ran out, sneaking around several butlers and making it to Travert's room. However, she saw that the treasure was gone.

"Wha?!"

"Um, try to get out of danger first."

Madran ran out the other way, hiding behind furniture.

"Where could he be?"

"Let's try the downstairs."

Madran poked her head out from underneath the chair, spotting an elevator. She sprinted over, accessing it before anyone noticed.

"Ok... 1st floor!"

Madran traveled down to the first floor. She went off, finding herself next to the ballroom.

"Aha!"

Madran ran through the areas, entering the main hall. And, right there, was Shadow Travert. He was wearing a very sparkly watch, but didn't notice Madran. She took this time to hide.

"What now?"

"Wait for him to put it down, or be around nobody."

"Ok!"

Madran snuck around the ballroom and hid behind the massive stairwell. She then listened into Shadow Travert.

"Sir, I don't think that she's coming in through the front door."

"Quiet!"

Madran then heard another butler speak up.

"Well, Madran entered in through the second floor window last time."

"What?! Didn't she enter in through..."

"Master, your memory is fading. She entered in through here the first time, when she awakened to the Persona."

"Well, she sent that letter, so she might as well make an appearance!"

"Master, she would try to sneak in and steal the treasure."

"I decided to wear it because of that, butler."

"Yes, master. That was very clever of you."

Madran heard Shadow Travert chuckle.

"Well, go and take the other butlers and comb the mansion for her. She should arrive any second."

Madran watched as several butlers passed by her. She also heard the stairs being used.

"We got him," Madran whispered.

"Let's wait for some time."

Madran nodded. She then waited for a few minutes.

"Come out, Madran. I know you're here."

Madran snuck from behind the stairs to enter a vent. She climbed up it, and went so that she was as quiet as possible and above Shadow Travert. He held her face above the vent.

"Oh, I'm here, alright, and you're without your guards."

Shadow Travert suddenly noticed his mistake.

"Well, would you ever rob an unarmed man?"

Madran saw this as an appeal to her more controlled side. However, she didn't really care anymore.

"Nah, but I would sure like to rob you!"

Madran kicked the vent out, falling down and summoning Nightingale. Nightingale stopped her from hitting the ground, and she landed right in front of Shadow Travert. She lunged for the watch, almost falling over. However, Nightingale caught her.

"Hmm. I see that you wren't just messing around."

"Yep! Gimme that!"

Madran directed Nightingale at him, and she preformed Lunge. This almost connected with Shadow Travert, but he stepped out of the way.

"I've cherished this watch for as long as I can remember, and I'm not letting you get your hands on it!"

"Well, that will change!"

Madran and Nightingale made both tried several more times to get the watch from Shadow Travert, but each try failed.

"Hey! St-"

Philemon changed into his human form, pushing her back. Shadow Travert sighed.

"Hmm. Well, I guess that I'll have to teach you a lesson my way, then."

Shadow Travert's voice dropped several pitches, giving off a haunted feeling. He then began to exude a black and red aura, laughing deeply. Madran looked at him in confusion.

"What's he trying to pull?"

END OF CHAPTER 7

-----------------------------------

Well, time for symbolism next chapter, and one heck of a fight! I hope that you all enjoyed. I'll see you all next chapter. Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563 54 13
(Warning: this book talks about bullying, depression, and abuse; you have been warned) Nezumi never had a normal life; since he has an abusive alcoho...
23.5K 751 90
All it took was one attempt to help someone in need, and Akira's life went completely down the drain. But not all is lost. For while serving his prob...
235K 5.9K 49
Y/N is a new student at Shujin Academy and is forced to start a new life in a new city with her uncle, as an attempt to escape her father. But a requ...
136 0 5
Akuryo; It might as well have been a name to him. Well, now it was, anyway. All his life, Ren has known one simple fact: As a shapeshifter, he would...