The Last York Prince [AU]

By echelon8394

HISTORICALLY INACCURATE: Based on Philippa Gregory "The White Princess" timeline, but AU: What if Richard III... More

Acknowledgement & Intro
The Birth of A Prince
Burgundy
Separation
Abused
Inquiring
The Truth
London**
Siblings
Wales
Burgundy Part 2
Ability
Discovery
Rally
Death
Secrets
Wales Part 2
Inquiring Part 2
Horseback Ride
Decisions
Defeated
Fire
Revelation
Deviation
New Life
Negotiations
Battlefield
Recovery
Allegiance
Inevitable
Aftermath
Discontent
Rehabilitation
Relatives
Training
Visitation
Christmas
New Addition
Enamoured
Interrogation
Blessing
Not A Goodbye
Permission
Visitation Part 2
R + F
Hello and Goodbye
Promises
New Baby
Christening
Spain
Farewell William
Reports
Infanta of Spain
Prince of Wales
Future of England
Confession
Brewing
Children
Cousin Edward
Dinner at The Staffords
The Death of First Borns
Grievance
Uncanny Alliance
Return of the Duke
Drunk In Love
Rivalry
Goodnight Lady Mother
Aunt Cecily
The Truth Will Hurt
Announcement
Regency
The King and The Prince
Discussion
Journey to Scotland
Rendezvous
Goodnight My Son
The End of Lord Strange
Death of Stanley
Lady Pole's Destitution
Joanna de Castile
Jealousy
Wives and Mothers
Stafford vs Plantagenet
Letters to Meg
The Curse
Confession Part 2
Long Live The King
Lord Protector
Justice Will Be Served
The End of A Curse
Son of The King
Spanish Envoys
Fathers
Motherly Love
A Mother's Loss
War
Sneak Attack
Merciless
Goodbye Sister
Letters to the King
Peace Treaty
Uncanny Alliance Part 2
Worried
Princess of England
Convening
A Brother's Wrath
Against Time
A Brother's Love
Tudor Heiresses
The First of Many
Friction
The Plague
Aftermath Part 2
Royal Blood
Pole-Stafford
Hoist The Colour
Field of Cloth of Gold
Friction Part 2
Secrecy
Doubts
Painful Loss
Secrecy Part 2
Alliance
Decision, Decision
Saving Stafford
The Plan
Dawn of A New Era
Ghosts Of The Past
Coronate At Last
Swearing Fealty
Richard's Offsprings
Sentencing
Farewell
Marriages
Trastamara-Stafford
Elizabeth Rose
Future Rulers
Letters to the King Part 2
Repent
England-Sweden
Remorseful
Our Last Goodbye
Elizabeth Tudor
Without You
Family Forever
End of A Journey
LAST ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Modern AU
Moder AU 2 - Alternative Ending
Princess Mary Rose [The Tudors]
Instagram Posts
INCORRECT QUOTES
Tudors Timeline [Part 1]
ANNOUNCEMENT

Tudors Timeline [Part 2]

350 10 0
By echelon8394

(Ok, let's continue)

*When Anne arises to become Queen of England*

Richard bowed before Henry and Anne, smiling ever so sweetly. "I have a task for you, brother. One I know you can perform while I sail to France", said Henry.

"I am at your service, Your Majesty", said Richard.

"I want you to be regent while I'm away", said Henry.

Anne turned to Henry. "Surely, my father is more suitable to the role", she said.

"True, but Richard has far more experience. He was trained by my father and his uncle. I trust Richard will care for England while I'm away", said Henry.

Richard bowed once more. "Your Majesties need not to worry. England will be in my safe hands", he said.

"One more thing must be done before we leave", said Henry.

Freja clutched her son, Henri's hand and watched in disdain as Henry crowned Anne as Marquess of Pembroke. Despite all the smug the Boleyns gave, nothing would compare to it now that Richard is regent to the throne while Henry sailed away.

"That title should've gone to you or your father", Freja whispered.

Henri refused to say anything. He, too, disagree with all of this. "Nevertheless, mother, one day, father will triumph. One way or another", he whispered back.

*

Freja looked at Richard with disbelief as he read out the letter. "He wants you to what?", she was more than furious.

What Henry had done was outrageous, but to ask Richard to bear witness to his marriage to Anne Boleyn? That would be insulting.

"I must go, wife", said Richard.

"You can't succumb to every of his whims, my love. That would mean showing the world you're not strong", said Freja.

"I know, my love, but whether I like to or not, I must go", said Richard.

He stood next to Henry, who was patiently waiting for Charles to arrive. Richard knew Charles was as reluctant as he was, but Charles wouldn't dare to incur Henry's wrath.

"Where's Suffolk!?", Henry whispered, angrily.

"He'll be here, Your Majesty", said Richard.

On cue, Charles' quickened paced could be heard. He stood behind Henry and Richard and Henry greeted him with a jab to the stomach. Richard quickly stopped Henry before turning to the priest.

"Continue, please", said Richard

*

Richard purposely didn't attend the procession, handing the task of overseeing the safety to Charles. The task Henry had asked him to do was too simple and too quick, but Richard was delaying it on purpose, having an excuse to not attend the coronation.

Henry had tasked Richard to find a suitable husband for his daughter, Mary. In hopes once Mary was married, Katherine would comply to his demands.

Lady Salisbury, Maggie Pole, Richard's cousin came in. Richard was hiding at his London home, refusing to attend the coronation.

"Has she arrived?", Maggie asked, referring to Princess Mary.

"Yes, my wife and sons received her yesterday", he said.

"Poor child", said Maggie as she sat next to him by the window.

"Where's the crowd?", he asked. Despite not attending, Richard watched the procession from afar.

"You really think people would support that family? They know who is the true king", said Maggie, looking at Richard.

"You know why we don't speak of that", said Richard.

"Did the king make some suggestions?", asked Maggie.

"He gave me a list. One of them is Boleyn's son, the new Viscount of Rochford", said Richard.

Maggie scoffed. "Him? Just because he's ennobled by the king, that doesn't mean he gets to access to royalties as his choice of wife", she said.

"Don't worry, I won't let him marry the princess", said Richard.

"Have you taken into consideration of what I asked?", said Maggie.

"I will convey it to Henry once..., all this nonsense is over", said Richard.

"Yet, you let it happen", said Maggie.

"Yes, I did, Maggie, but we both know THEY will not last", said Richard, his lips curved into a smile.

"Alright, I will convey to Her Majesty, Queen Katherine of my suggestion", said Maggie.

Before Maggie left, he saw something..., familiar in Richard's hand. It was a small locket tied to a black string..., something she once saw Elizabeth Woodville once wore.

"Richard, what are you doing?", asked Maggie.

"Nothing...", said Richard, nonchalantly.

"Magic is not going to solve the problem", said Maggie.

"I'm not using it to solve my problem. I'm just..., using it as a catalyst", said Richard.

"Whose name is that?", asked Maggie.

Richard turned to Maggie and smiled. "Nothing for you to be worried about, cousin. It's merely a little mischief of mine", he said, twirling the locket.

*

Richard knocked on the door and entered to find Henry preparing to ride out. The hunt today was to honour England's new queen.

"Yes, brother, what can I do for you?", asked Henry.

"The task you've given me..., well, I was looking through some candidates. My cousin, Lady Salisbury suggested me one that really intrigued me", said Richard.

"Is it one of her sons?", asked Henry again.

"No, but my oldest son", said Richard.

"Did she say why?", asked Henry again.

Richard shrugged. "Not really. Perhaps, she figured the two would be a suitable match, seeing that both your daughter and my son are half-cousins", he said.

Henry was silent as he started pacing, thinking of the suggestion. Richard was hoping he would say yes.

"Did you tell Katherine?", he asked.

"I will if you agree to it", said Richard.

Henry nodded and continued to pace. Then, he stopped and turned to his half-brother. He walked up to Richard.

"I will consent to it. Inform her mother. Hopefully, she will comply to my demands", said Henry.

*

Maggie arrived at the More and was greeted by Maria de Salinas. She took Maggie to see Katherine.

Katherine was more than happy to see Maggie. Both ladies embraced on another, happy to see each other.

"How are you?", asked Maggie as both sat down.

"As you see now", said Katherine.

"I have something to tell you", said Maggie.

"Do forgive me that I couldn't offer much refreshments", said Katherine.

"Never mind that. This is far more important", said Maggie.

"What is it?", Katherine frowned at Maggie's sudden change of behaviour.

"The king had asked Richard to look for..., suitors for Mary. He gave a list for Richard to consider and one of them being the new Viscount Rochford, George Boleyn", said Maggie.

"My Mary is of royal blood! Marrying him will be an insult", said Katherine.

"So, I suggested someone else. One with royal blood that could secure Mary to the throne and her children will have even stronger claim to it", said Maggie.

Katherine tried to figure out who..., until it hit her. "Richard's son?", she asked.

Maggie produced a scroll, showing a certificate that proved the marriage between Richard III and Elizabeth of York was a legitimate one, including the papal dispensation. Katherine felt like her breath was stuck in her throat.

"Tell me, Lady Pole. Is this the reason why I was never granted sons? I have snubbed the true heir to the throne and now, I'm being punished by God", said Katherine.

"True, even if Henry had won the crown by rights of conquest, Richard was still a legitimate prince. My cousin, the late queen, had to do something to secure his safety. Richard is the true king, but we both know he loves his brothers and sisters so much, he's willing to keep this a secret for as long as he can. He is the son of my uncle. His grandfather was an anointed king. The marriage is more than suitable. All we need is to bid time. It doesn't matter if Anne Boleyn bore the king a son, your daughter will have a stronger claim to the throne", said Maggie.

"Henry wants me to comply to his demands. He wants me to acknowledge her as the new queen", said Katherine.

"Yes, essentially that's the whole idea, but Richard said, he will try to get you to live closer to Gloucester, where your daughter will reside after the wedding", said Maggie.

Katherine sat quietly, staring at the papers in front of her. "But why did the queen told the world that Ricardo was a bastard?", she asked.

"What a mother won't do to secure the safety of her own child, Your Grace? It was all she could do while married to Tudor", said Maggie.

*

When the news of the queen entering confinement, Richard showed little emotion. Although, deep down, the Plantagenets are anxious to know the gender of the new born royal.

"What happens if it's a boy?", Freja whispered as they journeyed to Whitehall.

"Then, all we can do is pray", said Richard.

Henry was pacing and worried, but was more than relieved to see Richard. "I'm worried, brother. What if she dies? What if my son dies? What if THEY die?", Henry was behaving erratically.

"Calm yourself, brother. They will be fine. Have faith", said Richard.

While Henry entertained the lords and nobles from afar, Richard and Freja could only smile and laugh along. That was, until Cromwell came and Henry's smile and laughter began to die down when Cromwell whispered the news.

Henry stood up, froze for a second and turned to Richard. Richard could tell the disappointment in his brother's face.

"Is everything alright, Your Majesty? Cromwell?", asked Richard.

Cromwell didn't know how to word it out, but Henry cut him off before he could speak. "I'd like you to accompany me..., to see the new princess", said Henry.

Freja could hear some people gasped quietly. Richard nodded and let Henry and Cromwell walked in front of them as they went to see the queen and the new baby.

When they entered, Henry hesitated. Richard gently gave his brother a push and Henry grasped his hand for a second, looking for a reassurance before walking to meet his new baby.

Richard, Freja and Cromwell stood behind as Henry stood facing his wife. Anne apologized, knowing the king's disappointment.

"You and I are both young. By God's grace, boys will follow", said Henry before he slowly walked out of the room, not even bothered to hold his new daughter.

Richard, Freja and Cromwell bowed as Henry passed them by. Henry stopped for a moment.

"Lady Warwick, is it alright if I borrow my brother for tonight?", asked Henry.

"Of course, Your Majesty", said Freja.

"Brother, I am of need of your counsel..., please", said Henry.

"As you wish, Your Majesty", said Richard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647 17 29
We all have one story in our heads. Edward IV firstborn daughter, Elizabeth, married Henry Tudor. The directly York heir married the last Lancaster h...
28.1K 912 27
England is broke and on the verge of war yet again. With growing fear inside the walls of the Westminster Palace leads King Henry VII to make a deci...
4.8K 129 14
Being called the heir of Slytherin wasn't easy for Harry. Many students harassed him while the teacher stood by doing nothing to help. After months o...
9.8K 487 43
*Please read the first book. It can be found on my profile. This book description will ruin the series for you.* The rest of Elektra's fifth year had...