Field of Cloth of Gold

(A/N: who loves to crash the party?

Bessie now works for the Gloucesters while her son was raised with Henri, Ragnar and William Smyth. A surprising romance during the summit)

Richard walked around, making sure everything was in order. The servants, black smiths, maids and all those working around the summit would greet him as he walked along.

Richard saw a couple of cooks chasing a small boy with blonde curl, running with a small sack. He caught the boy, who giggled when his father carried him over to the cook.

(A/N: I know in Brave, there were triplets. I want to do it in later chapters : Ragnar, William Smyth and a soon to be child of Drew)

"Ragnar, no sweet breads in the morning, alright?", he told his son off, gently yet sternly.

Ragnar pouted. "But papa...".

"No, buts. Return the sweet breads to the cooks and say you're sorry".

Ragnar handed the sack back to the cooks and apologised to them. Richard took his hand and they went back to their tent to get ready for the summit.

They made a pit stop to find Drew. Ragnar immediately closed his eyes at the surprising sight.

Drew was on top of Celia, both were naked and giggling. Clothes were scattered about their small tent, no doubt after spending the night together.

Celia gasped as she covered herself and pushing Drew off of her. Drew was confused at first, until he spotted Richard, who was snickering and Ragnar, who was hiding behind his father's leg.

"You could've knocked", said Drew.

"Well, I could, but there's no door", Richard couldn't hide his stupid grin.

"It's still too early", Drew groaned as he buried his face in the crook of Celia's neck.

"We'll be up soon, Your Grace", Celia was blushing in her state whilst slowly hiding under the blanket.

"If he doesn't, let me know. I'll have the boys drag him out", Richard chuckled as he carried Ragnar to his tent.

Robyn and Sarah laid out the clothes for Freja to decide. It was between the crimson coloured with gold trimmings and dark emerald with black sable linings.

"Red", Sarah pointed out.

"I think green. I heard the king is wearing red", said Robyn.

Bessie entered the tent, carrying the jewellery box. Her son was playing with Henri outside.

"You can put it over there, Bessie", Freja entered the tent with Astrid Katheryn and Margaret Douglas trailing behind her.

"Bessie, could you help with the girls? Sarah can help me with my dress", said Freja.

"Yes, Your Highness", Bessie nodded.

"We suggest green", Sarah showed the options.

"I like green", Freja smiled.

Ragnar ran in with Richard trailing behind him. "I found him running off with a sack of sweet breads", Richard eyed Robyn suspiciously.

"Uncle Robyn showed me!", Ragnar giggled.

Robyn hid behind Sarah, poking his head from her shoulder. "Well, you told me to look after him".

"If we're going to bicker, we will never be ready for the day", Sarah poked her husband.