Spanish Envoys

(King Ferdinand arrives in England with Charles. Richard and Stafford may soon reconcile

Italics - Spanish)

Henri giggled as his father made faces at him. He kicked and smiled, happy to see him early in the morning.

He carried his son up and walked out of their private quarters at court. Freja was asleep, tired from the journey and the birth recovery. It was still early in the morning when they headed out for their walk.

Richard looked down to his son in his arms. His eyes were looking everywhere and struggled to break his arms free from his swaddled blanket; he cried when he can't.

Richard kissed his dark hair. "Aren't you a curious little thing?", he chuckled.

Richard sat by the bench and gently rocked his son, who slowly stopped crying and fell back asleep. Richard held him close, wanted nothing, but to keep his son safe.

He returned back to his private quarters and set his son in his crib, near his mother. Drew and Robyn had prepared his bath for him and was setting the table for breakfast.

"How is he?", Robyn asked, regarding Henri.

"He's doing fine, Robyn. Thank you for asking", Richard smiled.

Richard tested the water before going in. He leaned his head by the edge, feeling the warmth of the water soothing his skin.

Richard let Robyn and Drew had the morning off. He reached for the jug of wine and poured himself some.

"May I join you, Your Grace?", Freja's voice startled him.

Richard turned to see his wife, peeking from the bedroom door. He nudged his head for her to come over, where Freja gladly did and stripped herself before entering the tub.

Freja grabbed the washcloth and scrubbed herself while Richard was busy sucking that part of skin on her neck. She helped to wash his back, but couldn't concentrate much when he's busy peppering her skin with kisses.

"Stop, you smell", she giggled, pushing him off.

"I'm deeply offended, wife", he raised his eyebrow.

"We don't have much time before the little lord wakes up again", she tossed the washcloth at him.

"Fine", he chuckled.

They finished off the bath and Freja got out first, just as Hilda, Sarah and Celia walked in to help her get into her dress. Richard covered himself with his robe and walked behind to changing screen nearby to dry off and dress himself.

Richard was just done with lacing up his boots when his son's loud cry broke the silence. Sarah and Celia walked out first, carrying the dirty linens away.

He waited until Freja came out with Henri in her arms with Hilda trailing behind them. Henri was all swaddled up in cream coloured linen and green velvet blanket.

"He had a minor accident", Freja kissed Henri's rosy cheeks.

"That explains the smell", he laughed.

They had light breakfast. Henri squirmed and at the edge of tears, hungry. Freja unlaced her dress a bit to feed him. While she fed their son, Richard helped to feed Freja her breakfast.

Freja stroked his rosy cheek as he eagerly suckled the milk. Henri managed to get his tiny hand out and Freja held out her finger for him to grasp.

"I'm so worried, Richard", she spoke.

Richard kissed her temple. "He's fine, Freja. Look at him".