Dawn of A New Era

(Would Edward Stafford die today?)

Freja, Hilda and her children arrived by Catherine's side. The queen was so deathly pale that it worried Freja and Lina. Freja held both of Lina and Catherine's hands. They all heard the horns and worried about the attack.

"All shall be well. I have faith in my husband", Freja whispered.

"May I confess something to you, Freja? Lina?", Catherine whispered too.

Both nodded. "I kissed Lord- I kissed Edward Stafford. I went to him before his trial and..., I kissed him. I do not know why", Catherine's voice felt almost silent.

"Do you love him?", Lina asked, her voice ever so soft and gentle.

"Perhaps".

"The king?", Freja asked.

"I do not know anymore", Catherine almost wanted to break down, but composed herself.

Freja gently rubbed Catherine's knuckles with her thumb. "As I say, all shall be well. Richard knows what he's doing".

"We have to go now, Highness. They are waiting", said Lina.

Freja, her children and Lina followed Catherine out, at the same time Stafford walked out and up to the block. Despite an attack, Henry had commanded Stafford's execution to be carried out.

Freja looked down to see Maggie, gently holding Ursula in her arms, who was crying. Next to them were Charlie Brandon and Mary. Charlie and Maggie looked up and nodded to her.

Freja turned back to meet eye to eye with Stafford. He smiled, his usual smile to her. Freja wanted to cry, but she must be strong. Freja turned to her surviving children; her sons held on to the beam while her daughter clutched her mother's skirt.

Astrid Katheryn gave a wave to her dearest uncle. Henri wanted to cry, but he held his father's words - he shall be strong, for the sake of his family and this country. Ragnar was confused as to why they were here today.

It began to rain. Stafford turned to the executioner, apologizing that he couldn't pay for a clean death. The man tapped the purse tied to his belt as Oviedo gave a courtesy bow.

"I serve you still", said Oviedo.

"Thank you".

Stafford looked around before addressing the crowd. "My King..., my Queen. I love you both. I never wish you any harm. My last act upon this Earth is to offer prayer for your long and happy reign. To wish you a son with all my..., heart, a son. Long live the King!".

"Long live the King!", the crowd followed.

Another soldier wanted to put the hood, but Stafford told him to fuck off. He used his eye patch and covered his right eye, as he prepared to die.

Freja was already clutching the knife, hidden under her hand warmer. Her heartbeat rose, waiting. Where's Richard? Where is he? Her eyes moved wildly, but her head was still, trying not to blow the cover away.

"Papa! Papa!", Astrid Katheryn yelled and everyone turned to the path that Stafford came from.

Boleyn and Wolsey turned. Richard was galloping into the courtyard, like a brave knight charging, with a spear. The people of London, who joined in the siege and filled the courtyard. One swift throw, the soldier nearby, holding the hood, was struck in the shoulder.

Charlie and Henry Stafford unsheathed their swords, fighting the soldiers off. Maggie grabbed Ursula and Mary and made the escape. Boleyn wanted to flee, but Oviedo grabbed him and wound his arm around Boleyn's neck, holding him back. Wolsey was already gone.

Hilda grabbed the children while Lina grabbed Catherine, making a run for it. Freja threw one knife towards Boleyn, hitting his leg and threw another at a soldier who blocked the ladies' path.

Freja moved forward, grabbing the soldier's sword. "Come, we must take shelter!", Freja guided them back to the meeting point.

Stafford moved his eye patch back to his left. He saw Richard galloping closer with his hand extended. Stafford grabbed his cousin's hand and jumped onto the horse.

"This is your idea of an escape?!", Stafford yelled.

"Of course, cousin! It's much more fun!", Richard laughed as if this was just a game to him.

Stafford turned to see Charlie Brandon pulling Stafford's son to safety as Richard's soldiers invaded the courtyard while Oviedo pulled a struggling Boleyn inside. Richard unsheathed his sword to clear the path back to court.

Back at court, Freja made sure her children, along with Mary and Lina's sons were safe and unharmed before she and Catherine made their way to the throne room. Catherine held Freja's hand and together, they held their heads up as they went there.

Wolsey, who had escaped, was surprised to see the ladies. He wanted to run, but Freja threw another knife, missing his face by an inch.

Freja turned to Catherine, who released her grasp and took her crown off her head. She stared at it briefly, yet longingly, but she knew what needs to be done. She knew, this way, her Mary would be secured of her inheritance.

Wolsey watched as Catherine placed her crown on Freja's head. Freja could feel the burden now upon her shoulders as she turned towards a confused Wolsey and his legion of followers.

"Arrest the traitors", said Freja, calmly yet filled with authority.

Soldiers burst into the room, grabbing those who weren't on their side. Wolsey put up a fight, but Freja stepped forward and held the sword to his throat.

"Do not resist, or I will spike your head at the city wall", she said.

"You are not Queen of England!", Wolsey spat back.

"Why don't you take a look outside? Who do you think win?", Freja scoffed at him.

Wolsey tugged his arms free from the soldiers and ran out, passed Catherine and pushed his way out. He gasped at the sight of the boar and white rose flag that rose high while the Tudor's red and white fell to the ground and burned.

Wolsey went in to see Freja sitting at Henry's throne while Catherine sat on hers. Freja commanded Wolsey to be taken away and this time, the butcher's son from Ipswich didn't fight back.

Richard had commanded his men to not spill any blood. He and Stafford hopped off of Pepper to the chaotic sight. Richard tossed an armor to Stafford, which he slid in on with ease.

They were joined by Charlie and Stafford's son, along with Richard's brothers-in-law, Herbert and Oviedo. They marched towards the throne room, but they only found Freja and Catherine.

Upon seeing Stafford, Catherine smiled. He was safe. Richard looked at both of them and shook his head with a smile.

"Old Stafford, young Stafford and Oviedo, stay with my wife and the Queen. The rest of you, come! We shall root out the traitors!", Richard commanded.

"Old?!", Stafford interrupted, automatically placed his hands on his hips, like an angry mother.

Freja grasped Catherine's hand, both laughed at those two's antics. Stafford feigned the look of shock.

"Your Grace, I must ask for the worst punishment. He called me old", Stafford jested.

"All in due time, Your Grace", Freja smiled while everyone laughed.

The big Tudor sigil behind the throne was cut down and Richard's sigil - the boar and the white rose raised up once more.