Stafford vs Plantagenet

A/N: this story has now passed 600 votes 🥺 you guys are the best and I will keep Richard going..., I mean, until he dies. He's not a vampire 🤣

Also, this video is one of the best way how this Richard came to be. It's by a user on YouTube named MadamCameron titled "the last plantagenet king | richard iii".

(Freja helps Rosa to recover. Richard confronts Stafford and both battle it out)

Italics - Swedish

Freja set a tray down. On it, a pot made of clay with steam coming from its stout. Freja poured the content and handed it over to Rosa.

"It tastes quite horrible, but it's my mother's remedy after such misfortune. It would help to heal your womb", Freja sat down.

"We suggest you blow before downing it in one go", said Hilda.

Rosa did as instructed. Once it was warm enough to drink, she swallowed all of it and coughed. Freja gently rubbed her back.

"Thank you, Freja. I do not know who else I should turn to", said Catherine.

"It's alright. I want to be able to help. I understand such lost".

"I wish he was more like your husband", Rosa sniffled.

Freja gave a sad smile. "You are young. Men like Lord Stafford, they come and go. Who knows, maybe you could find one such as my husband?", she tried her best to reassure Rosa.

"Tell me, Lady Gloucester. What was he like? When you lost your son?".

Freja remembered that day so clearly. "My oldest was ill, but I didn't think it was The Sweat. I thought it was simply a cold. He had often recovered fast, so did Anne. It felt like a part of my heart was torn. Richard too, he thinks I don't know, but there are times, I find him in the nursery, sitting by the crib. He had been crying, but he doesn't want me to know...".

"...He always want people to see him as this hard and sturdy man, that nothing can break him, but I know, my son and his niece's deaths broke him. He may not admit it, but I know".

"He is a kind man. He loves you very much", said Lina.

"Oh yes, he is, Lina. He is very generous. He took Maggie and her children in because he knows how much I wanted children. He refused to let Maggie hand in Reggie to the church. He loves to help the people, in any way he can".

"I will repay his kindness when I marry his brother", said Catherine.

"It is not money or position that matters to him, Your Highness. He doesn't want anything in return. He does this for the love of Arthur".

Catherine nodded and shed tears. Her first marriage had been short lived.

"They say there is a curse. Tell me, Lady Gloucester, is it true?", Catherine asked.

"Put yourself in the queen's shoes and tell me, Your Highness, would you not done the same?".

"Is witchcraft not a crime?", Lina asked.

"Is it witchcraft, Lina? Or is it simply because a mother's fear had come true?".

"Was it the old king? Richard III?", asked Catherine.

"If it's true, then why did Arthur die?".

"Then, it's true, that Perkin Warbeck is Prince Richard", said Catherine.

"We do not know for sure. It could be. If it is, House Tudor is also doomed from the start".

"Am I making the right decision, Freja? Will my children with Henry die?".