Jealousy

(Richard and Joanna speak to each other..., without their respective spouses, about their mothers. Richard finds out what treaty that Joanna made to get herself out of England

A/N: I know irl Joanna loved her husband so dearly, but I can't help but to think she deserves better than to be locked up for more than 30 years, abused by those who she called her parents because she's skeptic about her religion and by her husband who craves power)

Richard and Drew battled it out. They were testing out the new swords they've purchased recently and since the sun was out, it was a good day to train.

At the end, both were on the ground, sweating and tired. Richard felt the sweat had soaked his shirt and took it off.

Drew poured the wine and both of them, on the ground, drank some and eat some apples. Upon seeing someone behind Richard, he quickly got up and bowed.

Richard turned to see Joanna, decked in her pearls and finery, walking towards them alone. She smirked, eyeing Richard top to bottom.

"My husband mentions you from time to time, but he fails to mention how handsome you are", she commented.

"Drew, could you get me a new shirt please?", Richard asked.

Drew nodded and headed off. Richard slipped on his jacket for modesty and placed a blanket and cushion for Joanna to sit under the tree.

"My mother also spoke of your military success. I find it funny that you fight for Tudor when you can reclaim your rights", said Joanna, taking the goblet of wine from Richard.

"I'm afraid your mother forgot to mention that I am a bastard".

Joanna laughed. "Is that stopping you, my lord?".

"Why would I want to do that?".

"I've been studying you. I see many lords and ladies show you more respect than that boy Prince of Wales. Why not crown yourself king?".

Richard chuckled. "I have better things to do than ruling England. They wanted the crown, they can have it. Whatever problems come with the crown, it's no longer my concern".

"Do you know what they call me?", she asked.

"They call you Juana La Loca", he said.

"They call me mad. My mother doesn't appreciates my..., skepticism towards the Catholicism and thus, punished me as she saw fit".

"I'm sorry you had to endure that", Richard said, sincerely.

"Were you punished for being who you are? You can tell me, your secret can be safe with me", she smiled, charmingly at him.

"I don't know if it calls as a punishment, but I was separated from my mother at birth. The king's uncle was gracious to care for me and will his dukedom to me".

"Doesn't he has sons?".

Richard shook his head. "I was the closest person he considered a son".

"You and I are so similar. We both suffer at the hands of the women we call mothers".

"My mother did what she had to keep me safe. I cannot speak for yours since I do not know her personally. My mother had loved me. Perhaps, yours simply want what's best for you?".

"I see you have a lot of love for your family, even some who are your enemies. I do not understand that. Does hanging me from a hook or a rope and put weights on my feet consider what's best for me? Why can't I have any rights of an opinion?".