Princess of England

(Richard finds out what happens in Scotland; he had escorts so Meg can go back home, despite the enmity. Richard escorts Mary off before heading north)

Richard was gritting under his teeth. The Privy Council don't know whose wrath was far worse - the king's or the duke's.

"My Lord Gloucester, would it be terrible if I ask you to sort Scotland out?", asked Catherine.

Richard nodded, silently. He was quiet ever since the wedding feast.

"Brother, are you alright?", Henry asked, concerned.

Richard gave a brief smile. "Forgive me, Your Grace. I've been feeling unwell the past few days. I also thought of leaving court until spring".

"I can fetch the royal physician for you-".

"No, thank you, Your Grace. It is nothing. Whatever it is, it'll pass", Richard said, reassuringly.

"If you say so", Henry sighed.

The council was dismissed and Richard was outside in a matter of seconds. He took a moment to breath.

Boleyn approached him. "Your Grace, we really should call a physician for you. You look whiter than a clean bedsheet".

"I'm fine, Thomas. It's probably the weather, that is all".

Both men sat down. "Congratulations, Thomas, on your appointment as the French ambassador", Richard patted his back.

Thomas smiled proudly. "Thank you, Your Grace, for suggesting it to the king. We can now go there without the fear of being attacked".

"You have experience with the French, so why not?".

"Father!", both men turned to the three ladies and a young boy approaching them.

The ladies curtsied and the young boy bowed to Richard and Boleyn. Both stood up and replied the courtesies.

"Your Grace, my wife Elizabeth, but you know that already. My oldest, Mary and my younger daughter, Anne. They are to accompany your sister to France", Boleyn introduced his family to Richard.

Richard kissed both of the sisters' hands, causing them to smile and giggled. "Enchanté, mademoiselle", he winked.

"And this is my son, George".

"It's an honour to meet you, Your Grace", George bowed before Richard.

Richard pulled the boy into an embrace, smiling. "He's strong, Thomas", Richard patted the young boy's back.

"Well, look who his father is", Boleyn chuckled.

"Thank God your daughters didn't inherit your face", Richard laughed.

"Ha ha, very funny", Boleyn rolled his eyes despite his smile.

*

Richard had asked Surrey to meet him up north. His plan was to send Mary, headed off to York with a recently arrived Christian, since Harald had left for Sweden, dropping his family in York and riding out to meet with Surrey for Scotland.

Freja sat in the carriage with the Boleyn sisters and her children. Mary rode on horseback with the rest.

Mary watched as Richard slowed down to the carriage, the same time Freja appeared by the window. Henri poked his head out and extended his arms to his father.

"Horsey ride, Papa?".

Richard smiled and reach out to grab his son. Henri sat in front of his father as Richard held him by the waist with one hand while the other hand held Pepper's rein.