Defeated

(Richard is taken and Warbeck begs for Richard to be released)

Richard was as calm as the wind, but William knew the boy was thinking of another plan as they watched Warbeck marched naked through the town. William feared it won't be long before Richard will be taken prisoner as well.

Warbeck saw Richard amongst the royal family. He saw the queen and her children too.

Lizzie, refusing to believe this man to be her lost brother, hurried inside with the children. Richard would've followed if Margaret Beaufort wasn't in his way.

"Arrest him", she said.

Richard knew this was coming. William stood in front of Richard, defending the boy.

"Move, Mr. Barnley. You will not show the same clemency twice", said Henry.

The King Of England looked at Richard, disappointed. "Here I thought I could trust you", he said.

The soldiers marched in, but William refused to move. Richard placed a hand on William's arm.

"It's alright, I'll go with them", said Richard.

"He has done nothing wrong, Your Majesty!", William pleaded.

"He is a conspirator with Burgundy!", said Margaret.

"Communicating with family members is considered treason? Then, she should be dead by now!", said William, looking at Margaret Beaufort dead in the eyes.

"Enough, William!", Richard commanded.

"I'll go with them. Take care of your children", Richard walked towards the soldiers, who grabbed him and dragged him away.

Warbeck stepped forward, despite the soldiers holding him back. "Let him go! It is I that you want! Richard is innocent!", he begged.

Henry was having none of it and went inside. When the news came, he really felt disappointed.

Richard's coats were stripped and he was tossed in a cell with Teddy and Warbeck. Teddy quickly pulled Richard behind, protectively.

"Are you alright, Richie?", asked Teddy.

"Never better, Teddy", said Richard, despite groaning in pain.

"What did you do?", asked Warbeck.

"I was just writing a letter to John. I wasn't gonna do anything", said Richard.

"That was a foolish move", said Warbeck.

"I know that", said Richard.

Richard being missing didn't went unnoticed. Arthur had to pester his parents to know where Richard was.

"The traitor has been captured and will stand trial for his crimes", Margaret Beaufort chimed in.

"Richard is no traitor!", Arthur argued.

"Hush now, Arthur. Your father will deal with this matter", said Lizzie.

Arthur looked at his mother with disbelief. He shook his head and walked out.

"He'll grow out of it, I'm sure", Margaret assured her daughter-in-law.

THAT NIGHT

Richard made sure Teddy was asleep before telling Warbeck why the actual reason he was imprisoned as well. He had figured out after Henry had told him and after bidding his mother goodnight.

"If they don't kill us, Spain will never wed Catherine to Arthur", said Richard.

"I don't think your mother will put you to death", said Warbeck.

"She might not even know if I die", said Richard, solemnly.

"Don't say that. She loves you. She's your mother", said Warbeck.

"My mother would never plot my death. I figured it out that night. I knew what she was thinking. It's either she kills me or Spain will never send help", said Richard.

Both turned to Teddy. Warbeck ran his fingers through his golden hair.

"I have a wife. A Scottish noblewoman named Cathy. Your mother had taken her into her household, no doubt trying to influence her", said Warbeck.

"There's nothing we can do. I suggest she stays in their good graces if she's to survive", said Richard.

"She's also with child", said Warbeck.

"Then we're fucked", said Richard, chuckling as he shook his head.

"I still believe your mother will not have you killed", said Warbeck.

"We don't know that for sure", said Richard.

SOMEWHERE ELSE

Drew and Sarah swallowed their father's words. Richard don't have much time.

"What do we do, father?", asked Sarah.

"For now, everyone remain calm. Do about your business and try not to stand out. I've already been targeted and if anything happens to me, Andrew, you must take your sister and make a run for it. Go as far as you can and don't look back", said William.

"But I can't leave you and Richard behind!", said Drew.

"You have to and I'm not asking, son", said William.

The trio went about their daily lives. Sarah helped to serve food to the king and queen today. After placing the trays, Henry told her to stay while the rest was dismissed.

Sarah was nervous. She didn't want to say something wrong that could potentially kill Richard.

"I understand you're close to Richard", said Henry.

"Yes, Your Grace", Sarah kept her eyes to the floor.

"Do you think he would betray me when I turn my back around?", asked Henry.

"No, Your Grace", said Sarah, timidly.

"Look at your king when he speaks to you", Lizzie commanded.

Sarah looked up, trying to be brave. "I've known Richard ever since I was a child. He would never betray Your Graces. He loves Your Graces. Please have mercy on him", she said, not as timid as earlier.

Henry waved his hand, dismissing her. Sarah picked up her feet and walked out. She saw how Lizzie reacted, as if sending Richard to his death meant nothing to her.

THAT NIGHT

Sarah tearfully told her father her encounters with the king and queen. William had to assure her that everything will be alright.

After Sarah had cried herself to sleep, William and his son, Drew sat in the stables with Richard's horse, Pepper. Pepper had been in distressed, as if she knew that something had gone wrong.

"What now, father? It's clear they're willing to kill Richard and the others to secure themselves on the throne", said Drew.

"I must see Edward. We have to get them out", said William.

"How, father? The Tower is heavily guarded", said Drew.

"I don't know, but there must be a way", said William.

Little that they know, the queen already has a plan for that.