Joanna de Castile

(Mary spends the New Year with Richard. Enter Joanna of Castile)

EARLY SPRING 1506, BEDFORD MANOR

WARNING SMUT

The 21 year old Freja woke up to find the other side empty, but still warm. She looked around to find her husband under the blanket.

She gasped and accidentally smacked Richard with her leg when she felt his lips on her inner thigh. Richard poked his head from the blanket, rubbing his cheek and laughing.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you up. Go back to sleep. It's still early", he said, pecking random spots on her body.

Freja smacked his arm, giggling. "It's not fair you have all the fun to yourself", she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Richard didn't hesitate to insert himself in her while his lips latched on that spot on her neck that he knew would make her melt. Freja wrapped her arms around his neck, one hand tugging his hair.

Freja moaned when she could feel her climax and Richard picked up the pace. He used the headboard to hold him up.

Once done, he stayed in her for a while, kissing her bare skin. "You're so beautiful, my sunflower", he whispered, nibbling her ear as he went.

Freja turned away as soon as Richard pulled out. Richard frowned when she became silent.

"Have I offended you, my sunflower?".

Freja shook her head, but Richard can hear her sniffling. Richard pulled her in his arms.

"It's ok. I'm here", he kissed her hair.

"How are you not mad? I've lost two of our sons".

"Stop, Freja. It's not your fault", Richard hugged her tight.

"People say I'm lucky to have you as my husband", she wiped her tears away.

"And they are right. A lot would love to be at your place and sadly, you're the only one I want".

Their bedroom door was pushed open and the soon to be 10 year old Mary Rose ran in. Richard and Freja quickly slipped on their shifts from under the blanket before letting her on their bed.

"Why are you up so early, princess?", Richard asked as his sister snuggled close to Freja.

"I just miss you two".

Mary had became a substitute child to the couple, but mostly to Freja. They would do many things together like stitching and playing at the garden. Even Maggie's children had occupied the emptiness in her life.

"Can I stay here forever?", asked Mary.

"I wish you can", Richard kissed her forehead and pulled both his sister and wife into his arms.

"I don't want to get married like Meg. I want to stay here".

"We all have our duty, sweet Mary", Richard stared into Freja's eyes as he spoke.

Freja smiled at him. "But until then, yes, you may stay with us", she kissed Mary's hair.

Outside, Drew was feeding the horses while Robyn was carrying the water from the stream to the kitchen. He set it down for the cook and then, he went to his room to warm himself.

He spotted Sarah and followed her. Sarah turned and frowned.

"What do you want?", she asked.

Robyn handed her a rock. "Found this by the stream. Thought you might like it. I thought it was a gem, but it wasn't".